ADVERTISEMENT

F*cking Daycare

IAFB2021Champs

HR Heisman
Feb 6, 2012
Our child started daycare last Monday. First child so first daycare experience.
We made the mistake by starting him last week because we had to pay for both Thursday and Friday even though he just started.
Anyway, we could tell already last Tuesday when we picked him up that he was starting to get a bit of a cold from all the germs there.
Fast forward to this week, I stayed home with him yesterday as we noticed he did not sleep at all on Tuesday and I thought some good rest would help him recover.
Well today we got a call that we had to pick him up as he threw up. Guessing he will have to stay home tomorrow as well.
So now through 10 days of paying for daycare he will have been there for 5 days and they got our kiddo sick.

We made the mistake by starting him last week because we had to pay for both Thursday and Friday even though he just started.
Anyway, we could tell already last Tuesday when we picked him up that he was starting to get a bit of a cold from all the germs there.
Fast forward to this week, I stayed home with him yesterday as we noticed he did not sleep at all on Tuesday and I thought some good rest would help him recover.
Well today we got a call that we had to pick him up as he threw up. Guessing he will have to stay home tomorrow as well.
So now through 10 days of paying for daycare he will have been there for 5 days and they got our kiddo sick.
Wash your child’s hands every time you get home from daycare. Bc they will try to stick their hands in your mouth and you will get sick every 2-3 weeks.

Your kids immune system will strengthen but expect this to happen often.

Wash your child’s hands every time you get home from daycare. Bc they will try to stick their hands in your mouth and you will get sick every 2-3 weeks.

Your kids immune system will strengthen but expect this to happen often.
Yeah we have been. He has his damn hands/fingers in his mouth 24/7.

I feel like that's the same experience as everyone who's ever had kids in daycare/ preschool. It sucks but there's nothing you can do because if you don't pay, there's 10 other families waiting to take your spot.

You're paying for their "spot" more than you're paying for services rendered, so even if the kid doesn't attend - like being sick, going on vacation, etc - the bill's the same.

And yeah, the school is a petri dish of all the things that will repeatedly get your kid sick. It's mostly the fault of shitty parents who will drop their kids off knowing full well they're too stick to be there. They don't care about making other people's kids sick, as long as they don't have to stay home and take care of their own kids.

Hahaha..

Welcome to the f.ucking show bro.

Here are some of my personal favorites.

If your kid has over a 100.4 temp they have to be under temp for 24 hours before returning.... good ****ing luck getting through teething.

If you tell them you are going to be late, they can send staff home and then tell you that you can't come because they are understaffed, yet they cashed your weekly check. I, very frankly, told my lady I don't give a shit if I'm posting photos from Hawaii, if she cashes the check have the ****ing staff for my child.

Hand foot mouth.... super fun.

I feel like that's the same experience as everyone who's ever had kids in daycare/ preschool. It sucks but there's nothing you can do because if you don't pay, there's 10 other families waiting to take your spot.

You're paying for their "spot" more than you're paying for services rendered, so even if the kid doesn't attend - like being sick, going on vacation, etc - the bill's the same.

And yeah, the school is a petri dish of all the things that will repeatedly get your kid sick. It's mostly the fault of shitty parents who will drop their kids off knowing full well they're too stick to be there. They don't care about making other people's kids sick, as long as they don't have to stay home and take care of their own kids.

That and they need to work to put food on the table. I overheard a conversation where a small business owner was talking about firing his secretary, who was a “great employee”, but often absent due to her “sickly” children.

I kinda chuckle when you say you are paying for a spot considering our daycare was sold after we had put down a deposit and the new lady that bought it didn’t guarantee us a spot but also wasn’t going to give us our deposit back if we found a new place to go to.
She eventually said we would have a spot there after our son was already born.

I could also see parents dropping their kids off when they are sick because we live in a world that prioritizes working over family.
Wish we could go back to the days where only one parent had to work. I’d be a stay at home dad and take care of my kiddo.

We sacrificed a decent amount so that my wife could stay home a lot during the daycare years.

When the did go it was a private lady that did it out of her house. Kids really liked her, invited her to each of our kids high school graduation party.

Doesn’t last forever.

OP, where are you located? Our kids went to in home daycare. We are in the Cedar Rapids area. Very reasonable price wise, she charges by the hour, and doesn't charge for any days that the kids weren't there. I have the option to work from home so I always kept the kiddos home with me if they were sick.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I kinda chuckle when you say you are paying for a spot considering our daycare was sold after we had put down a deposit and the new lady that bought it didn’t guarantee us a spot but also wasn’t going to give us our deposit back if we found a new place to go to.
She eventually said we would have a spot there after our son was already born.

I could also see parents dropping their kids off when they are sick because we live in a world that prioritizes working over family.
Wish we could go back to the days where only one parent had to work. I’d be a stay at home dad and take care of my kiddo.
That's amazing that the new owner could be that brash. It's also completely believable because for some reason there still aren't nearly enough daycares/preschools. If I were looking to start a new business I'd seriously consider starting a high-end learning-emphasized pre-school. When I was in NoVa those kinds of places were charging $1500-2000/month per kid, were completely full, and had a waitlist of people waiting for the chance to hand over there money. And those teachers don't make much more than fast food workers, so other than the cost of the facility, I think there's a lot of profit.

I don't give a shit if it's Allen Iverson or Bill Brasky, he's about to get an invite to Pints if he keeps that shit up.
There's definitely a trend there.

Humor is different for everyone. Thanks for sharing this.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some hands are great, others not so much. Thanks for sharing this.

I don’t think expressing every thought in public is a good idea. Thanks for sharing this.

Certain topics can make strange bedfellows. Thanks for sharing this.

Sometimes lawyers aren’t very trustworthy. Thanks for sharing this.

There are gun people and then there are non-gun people. Sometimes they’re the same. Thanks for sharing this.

That and they need to work to put food on the table. I overheard a conversation where a small business owner was talking about firing his secretary, who was a “great employee”, but often absent due to her “sickly” children.
I get that, but I still don't think the right answer is to knowingly risk the health of other children and screw all the other families over. I don't know what the better solution might be for every situation, but there's got to be something better than an almost criminal disregard for the health of other children.

Not to rain on your parade but the idea that you have that you'll have lots of money when you are done paying for diapers and day care is complete and total bullshit. You'll spend the same amount of money, just for different stuff. Until they get into competition dance and travel volleyball. Then you'll be back to a second mortgage worth of money being spent at one time. Parenting is awesome!!

Are you a poor, OP?

Just buy the daycare with cash and evict all the other kids.

Problem solved.
Nah, the better solution is to hire a hot Scandinavian au pair to take care of your kids like Tiger did.

FP_4166073_STLA_Nordegren_Elin_120709.jpg

uywij51x8gj61.png

Not to rain on your parade but the idea that you have that you'll have lots of money when you are done paying for diapers and day care is complete and total bullshit. You'll spend the same amount of money, just for different stuff. Until they get into competition dance and travel volleyball. Then you'll be back to a second mortgage worth of money being spent at one time. Parenting is awesome!!
And it doesn't stop at any certain age - or even let up.

The daughter (no pic) is in her 3rd year of college, and just let me know that she wants to do a study abroad program over the summer where she'll go to Italy and join an archeological dig of ancient Roman stuff for 8 weeks. That'll be about $10k all-in.

Not everyone has your 8 figure salary, Russ...
There's got to be like a "value bin" of at least Eastern European hot young women that are available - at least according to the spam emails I get of all the Ukrainian women that say they want to fvck me. Maybe I could respond to one and ask that, instead of the sex, would they consider a role in child care?

There's got to be like a "value bin" of at least Eastern European hot young women that are available - at least according to the spam emails I get of all the Ukrainian women that say they want to fvck me. Maybe I could respond to one and ask that, instead of the sex, would they consider a role in child care?

My brother's wife was a Brazilian au pair.

No pics.

Maybe @IAFB2021Champs could get an au pair instead of day care?

• Wow
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Are you a poor, OP?

Just buy the daycare with cash and evict all the other kids.

Problem solved.
Well when God was handing out big brains or big dicks, I was in the big dick line.
Boy was that a mistake, could have got a hot wife with all my money from having a big brain. If she didn’t like my tiny dick I could have kicked her to the curb and found a different hot chick.

My wife and I - both teachers - had to pay for two months every year when we mostly kept the kids at home. *shrug*

• Angry
Reactions: NDallasRuss

the good news is that within a year your kid will barely get sick because hes been exposed to everything

Well, the good news is at least it's cheap...........oh wait.....

Oh yeah, and it gets better.....oh wait.....

Just had both kids home before Thanksgiving for a total of a week. Wife (no pic) was sick for THREE weeks with a combo of what they had. I luckily avoided the whole mess.

Years ago, we go to pick up my daughter from day care and the teacher pulls us aside and says, “another student had an altercation with your daughter today. We can’t tell you who it was because we have to respect everyone’s privacy.”

So my wife walks over to get my daughter who was 2-3 at the time. My daughter sees my wife and immediately yells and points, “Logan B. bit me!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT