ADVERTISEMENT

Fact or Fiction - What WILL the Democrats do when the get control back

There are over 20 states with term limits. It hasn’t helped them. Quite the opposite, it tunes over more control to lobbyists.
Exactly. If you have a much-liked rep who doesn't kowtow to corporate or other special interests, just wait a little while and term limits will get rid of him for you. You don't even need to spend a lot of money to oust him.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Ha.

It probably was something Marx supported. Marx was big on equality. Perhaps after the dictatorship of the proletariat. Have we had that yet? Does Trump count as dictatorship of the proletariat?
Uh huh. It's also in our Constitution so we must already be Marxist. Or do we avoid that by not actually practicing it? That would mean living up to the values of our Constitution makes us MARXIST!

Hell no....can't have that.

Will they:

- Get rid of the Senate filibuster so a simple majority can pass legislation? Yes - especially as it currently stands. It has no historical support at all. Moscow Mitch turned it into a weapon and it needs to go. If you want to filibuster, stand your ass up on the floor and talk til you drop.

I agree.

- What happens to the 2nd Amendment? I'm for better gun controls, but they need to be reasonable (can discuss in depth if so desired) Universal background checks for ANY transfer.

I agree. (my bi-polar father, who shouldn't own guns, had a moment of clarity and gave me all of his. There is zero record of that happening.)

- Will they attempt to pass legislation allowing illegal...sorry, undocumented persons to vote? (or is this just an urban legend created by the far right to instill fear?) No.

Hope you're right.

- Does BLM political/Marxist aspirations gain traction? I have no idea what this means. I wasn't aware that equal protection was Marxist.

Why does the only point have to be equality? Do you support reparations?

Is this 100% false? https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

- What happens to taxes? Do they stay the same or increase significantly to fund more federal programs; e.g. universal health care, college tuition, etc. I suspect there will be a push to ramp them up on people in the top 5% with larger increases for the very top. Hopefully, they will also normalize the rates across income sources.

Flat Tax?

- What happens to Defense spending? Hopefully drops by a great deal over time.

Depends? Do we stop being the world's police force? If so, then I would agree. Shore up the borders while ensuring we maintain...or have the ability to maintain when needed, Air Superiority.

Wet little. Roll back tax cuts for rich but keep for everybody else is my guess.

break trumps deficit record is a given.

Do we stop being the world's police force?
If we were the world's peace keepers, I might not mind how much we spend on "defense."

But we are, as you say, more like the world's police force. And not a very good one, judging by all the ongoing conflict.

Plus, when we do try to police things, we tend to carry out our duties like this guy:

George_Floyd_neck_knelt_on_by_police_officer.png

Except when we run away and let the Turks slaughter our allies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT