ADVERTISEMENT

Fajitas

Do you order the fajitas?

• yes

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Personally, I'm a pass. Usually the only good part of fajitas are the sizzle on the way to the table. Otherwise, often dry and gotta do all the work myself. I am a pass. Usually much better items on the menu.

Fajita burrito (steak + chicken mix) is my go to. All the fajita goodness but it's already assembled and then drenched in queso. 10/10

I’m a chimichanga guy. Del Rio in Independence (of all places) has a fantastic chimi.

Oh, fajitas?? Meh, once in a while.

I don't ever order them, but we usually make them at home about twice a month. Marinate the steak and shrimp for a few days and then throw in over charcoal. There's not much better.
We just did this the other day with the marinated steak and shrimp over charcoal. Turned out deeeeelicious/csb

Reactions: Tenacious E
you must have an incredibly wet mouth
200w.gif

I very seldom buy fajitas out when they are so easy to make at home.

There was a restaurant in Tallahassee called Cabo’s that had an actual original take on the steak fajitas (rather just strips of overcooked grilled flank steak, it was cooked in and with a Mexican seasoned “gravy” along with the onions and peppers and I ordered it frequently). But about 5-10 years ago they reverted to the standard grilled version rather than stewed in gravy with veggies version and I never got it again. Unsurprisingly they closed up shop after Covid.

Make em at home with a carne asada style marinade on the grill all the time. Eating out I get the chimichanga, birra tacos or al-pastor street tacos.

What's your take on fajitas? Do you regularly order or pass?
If at a sit down restaurant, it is the only thing I get. Copious amounts of freshly stir fried steak, onions, and peppers, and I can build by own fajita with what I want in it. I don't see the point of ordering anything else, unless you want to go the deep fried angle of a chimichanga.

Good fajitas are awesome. Hard to find though, which I why about once a month I make my own.

The core of my ye olde timey restaurant experience in the 80's-90's were with a full service Mexican chain. Pretty much made fajitas for myself a thousand times (and tens of thousands for customers)...good stuff, and I had the run of the line to doctor them any way I wanted.

If at a sit down restaurant, it is the only thing I get. Copious amounts of freshly stir fried steak, onions, and peppers, and I can build by own fajita with what I want in it. I don't see the point of ordering anything else, unless you want to go the deep fried angle of a chimichanga.
You are in WDM right?

Have you tried fiesta in Adel?

El Rodeo used to have great fajitas but started sacrificing quality.

Los Tres in waukee was good pre pandemic.

El mariachi is decent in Johnston/Urbandale ( wherever it is over there)

But fiesta in Adel, may be my current #1.

There is a little hole in the wall called El jalisco in fairbury nebraska that is better but, why the hell are you in fairbury nebraska?

Reactions: Tenacious E
You are in WDM right?

Have you tried fiesta in Adel?

El Rodeo used to have great fajitas but started sacrificing quality.

Los Tres in waukee was good pre pandemic.

El mariachi is decent in Johnston/Urbandale ( wherever it is over there)

But fiesta in Adel, may be my current #1.

There is a little hole in the wall called El jalisco in fairbury nebraska that is better but, why the hell are you in fairbury nebraska?
Ankeny. I would be hard pressed to venture even out to WDM/Waukee for Mexican, but I will keep this in mind! In Ankeny, I think the best option, by far, is Hidalgo in Prairie Trail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT