ADVERTISEMENT

Fanco

Case I H

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2018
So I just started watching this guy's videos on youtube, this year. You can tell he is a Penn State fan. What is everyone else's opinions of him?

I saw today he is predicting that Shakur Rasheed is not so much sitting out due to significant injury, but bulking up to take the 197 spot. Also he mentioning wrestling smaller schools, and not going to any big tournaments this year, so their top guys can stay ranked high, for seeding purposes.

I was curious of everyone's thoughts.

So I just started watching this guy's videos on youtube, this year. You can tell he is a Penn State fan. What is everyone else's opinions of him?

I saw today he is predicting that Shakur Rasheed is not so much sitting out due to significant injury, but bulking up to take the 197 spot. Also he mentioning wrestling smaller schools, and not going to any big tournaments this year, so their top guys can stay ranked high, for seeding purposes.

I thought Rasheed weighed in the other night at ASU. I think the driver on this is Conel. He’s just not the guy so this is Cael reacting.

I think the guy has pretty good takes on things. He’s not exactly a professional speaker, but he’s worth a listen.

As far as 184/197; that seems pretty clear.

For a PSU fan, he is pretty clueless. Cael mentioned before the season began that fans would see a number of different lineups this year due to injuries, the 125 and 149 positions being up for grabs, and with a number of guys wrestling in freestyle tournaments. The freestyle tournament many are wrestling in later this month is why PSU did not enter into a New Year’s tournament this year. The goal is always to be able to field the best team he can come March.

Finally, Cael has had to update his plans based on Kyle Conel not looking anywhere near being able score points at the NCAAs and also based on it looking like his body may not hold up for an entire season anyway. His original plan was for Rasheed at 184 and Conel at 197. Conel is no longer the best option at 197, and Cael thinks Brooks/Rasheed at 184/197 is a better option than Rasheed/Beard at those weights.

Penn st sending 26 to the Wilkes open on 12-22 and a few to the scuffle also some to the senior nationals.so they are getting there ducks in a row, shack is going to the Wilkes open. Also Adam buseilo is wrestling un rostered at Wilkes at 149 hmm.

Reactions: andegre
I don’t mind the videos and you can never have enough wrestling content but does he actually have takes? I thought he mostly just summarizes stuff (which can certainly be helpful), and if it’s a “take” it’s usually pretty obvious, like “we learned that Zahid is definitely #1 at CKLV!”

If he’s a PSU fan, I never realized it. Doesn’t he have an Iowa hat and Gable photo in the background (in addition to I think the PSU hat)? He also wears various team’s gear, such as Campbell.

I don’t mind the videos and you can never have enough wrestling content but does he actually have takes? I thought he mostly just summarizes stuff (which can certainly be helpful), and if it’s a “take” it’s usually pretty obvious, like “we learned that Zahid is definitely #1 at CKLV!”

If he’s a PSU fan, I never realized it. Doesn’t he have an Iowa hat and Gable photo in the background (in addition to I think the PSU hat)? He also wears various team’s gear, such as Campbell.
I believe he is a Penn State grad and got hired by Campbell as the social media coordinator for their wrestling team.

He does have Iowa and PSU hats and a Gable poster on the wall behind him. He has admitted several times that he is a Penn State fan, but I find that when he gives his opinions, he gives rational reasons for his opinions and invites others to share their opinions with him even if you disagree with him.
His PSU bias does show up at times, but at least he admits it. I think he does a lot of work to present his articles. For example, his attempt to forecast the starting lineups for several schools. I found that to be interesting.
I will watch and listen to his presentations until I think he is unfair in his analysis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT