ADVERTISEMENT

Fans will be in Kinnick this Fall. Only Question is How Many. By End of May, Anyone who wants Vaccinated will have likely Gotten the Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
See the last tweet in this post; by the end of May, anyone who wants the vaccine will have likely gotten the shots.

That's 3 months before we kick off the season. Note below that Mark Emmert of the Register thinks Kinnick will be closer to full than not. Things are looking up!

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Should have enough time to determine if it can be full or not based on current vaccine news.

Can't wait to stand in long lines again!!!!! Indiana and Iowa State right out of the gate, we win those two and we are up there in the rankings.

The new Darth Vader returns to Kinnick..........................James Franklin.

Not if the B1G listens to the Fauci Fear.

Masks forever!!

What do masks have to do with it? Doesn't mean you could not attend in person, and there is no way in hell they can enforce mask wearing among 70,000 people once inside and eating and drinking. There could be some creative writing on any such masks also, some cool acronyms and such.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
What do masks have to do with it? Doesn't mean you could not attend in person, and there is no way in hell they can enforce mask wearing among 70,000 people once inside and eating and drinking. There could be some creative writing on any such masks also, some cool acronyms and such.
People still act like masks are a way to control Americans. It is what they hear that drives that narrative.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
People still act like masks are a way to control Americans. It is what they hear that drives that narrative.

Even if they tried, completely unenforceable in a stadium of 70,000 with eats and drinks and then you would even have to try to enforce proper wearing of said mask. We shall arrest anyone not covering their nose or waiting more than 10 seconds to cover up their face after a drink or bite of stale pretzel! We shall be a full stadium and we shall be maskless.

Even if they tried, completely unenforceable in a stadium of 70,000 with eats and drinks and then you would even have to try to enforce proper wearing of said mask. We shall arrest anyone not covering their nose or waiting more than 10 seconds to cover up their face after a drink or bite of stale pretzel! We shall be a full stadium and we shall be maskless.
I do not disagree. I am thinking masking requirements will be gone by June or so, depending on how many people get vaccinated. I am not too worried about fall football with it being outdoors and not in the cold/flu season. The option will still be there for people obviously.

It seems the goalposts aren't exactly anchored yet. Recent guidance stated (I'd have to find the article/quote) when discussing getting together with more than your usual household that, even if everyone has received both shots, that all should still wear masks. And of course now it's multiple masks.
I'm not part of the crowd that thinks they're putting chips in our bodies with the shots. I just think folks are getting a tad frustrated with the changing "goal line", if you will. And if it continues, they're going to reach the "eff it" point where they don't listen to ANY guidance/mandate, regardless of it's reasonableness.

I do not disagree. I am thinking masking requirements will be gone by June or so, depending on how many people get vaccinated. I am not too worried about fall football with it being outdoors and not in the cold/flu season. The option will still be there for people obviously.
It should depend on how many people "had the chance to get vaccinated," not how many actually got vaccinated.

It should depend on how many people "had the chance to get vaccinated," not how many actually got vaccinated.
I actually can agree with that too. If someone wants to risk that in their lives then I guess risk it right?

I’m more worried about Kevin Warren mandating a one size fits all attendance mandate. He did it last fall by saying all schools should have no fans since PA, MD, and NJ state leaders were preventing fans in the stands so KW said no one will have fans. We are seeing this in bball too.

This has been a colossal failure under Warren due to seeing other conferences allow fans in both football and basketball. It has been hard enough to not have ticket revenue but when the MAC and B12 are allowing fans in our area, something is seriously wrong with the lack of leadership in the B1G office. No fans in attendance this fall and it will be catastrophic for the B1G schools athletic budgets reliance on gate revenue/concessions. I still say fire Warren and bring back Delaney till they find the right fit to run the B1G.

It seems the goalposts aren't exactly anchored yet. Recent guidance stated (I'd have to find the article/quote) when discussing getting together with more than your usual household that, even if everyone has received both shots, that all should still wear masks. And of course now it's multiple masks.
I'm not part of the crowd that thinks they're putting chips in our bodies with the shots. I just think folks are getting a tad frustrated with the changing "goal line", if you will. And if it continues, they're going to reach the "eff it" point where they don't listen to ANY guidance/mandate, regardless of it's reasonableness.

Who gives AF? Seems pretty mentally weak to me. If a mask requirement means I get to go to a game with 70k Hawkeye fans, I’ll wear five masks if I have to. Some people will bitch about the most minor and insignificant inconveniences.

Last edited:
The requirements should include at a minimum that you be vaccinated. To play, work there, or attend. That simple. Otherwise EVERYONE will have to mask to protect the minority who refuse to get vaccinated.
No. If you decline a vaccination voluntarily and refuse to wear a mask or take other mitigation efforts then so be it and roll the dice. No one should be forced to do anything after all have the opportunity to get vaccinated. Also, the requirement to be vaccinated will be shot down as well.

Who gives AF? Seems pretty mentally weak to me. If a mask requirement means I get to go to a game with 70k Hawkeye fans, I’ll wear five masks if I have to. Some people will bitch about the most minor and insignificant inconveniences.

It has WAAAAY more to do with than a football game, but I get that this is a football forum.
Mentally weak to ask questions and point out inconsistency?

I’m more worried about Kevin Warren mandating a one size fits all attendance mandate. He did it last fall by saying all schools should have no fans since PA, MD, and NJ state leaders were preventing fans in the stands so KW said no one will have fans. We are seeing this in bball too.

This has been a colossal failure under Warren due to seeing other conferences allow fans in both football and basketball. It has been hard enough to not have ticket revenue but when the MAC and B12 are allowing fans in our area, something is seriously wrong with the lack of leadership in the B1G office. No fans in attendance this fall and it will be catastrophic for the B1G schools athletic budgets reliance on gate revenue/concessions. I still say fire Warren and bring back Delaney till they find the right fit to run the B1G.

Great point. Warren to me is the one road block to not having a full Kinnick even though I'm optimistic about it happening with the vaccine rollouts. His ruling if one school can't have fans no one can has been an awful decision. Why punish schools like Iowa or NE states that could have had a 10-15k in the stands this fall. Or even in bball cost some lucky people from watching Garza and this team. No reason couldn't be a few thousand in Carver this week. Through it all the SEC, ACC and Big 12 have made Warren look like a fool with his decision making or lack there of and his awful transparency throughout. He has come across as a weak and indecisive leader. Hopefully with the Southern schools already announcing plans for full stadiums and many of those states with their guidelines making it look like it won't be an issue to have funs. So basically he better not F it up again. Because if other schools are raking in the $ and Big 10 isn't Warren could and probably should be looking for another job.

Reactions: bowlhawk
The requirements should include at a minimum that you be vaccinated. To play, work there, or attend. That simple. Otherwise EVERYONE will have to mask to protect the minority who refuse to get vaccinated.

To fly internationally, there is talk that you might have to prove you have been vaccinated. One way to do that is to issue a QR code to each person vaccinated. This was discussed recently on NBC Nightly News.

A QR code could be utilized at large gatherings like at Kinnick, too. See end of this post for a reminder of what the QR code looks like.

At the gate, there would be ONE scan of one QR code on your smart phone.

A person would get that QR code once they are vaccinated. That QR code is for that person only. Then an app developer could figure out how to combine that QR code with the bar code for the game day ticket. That way, at the gate, when your QR code is scanned, it shows that NOT ONLY is your ticket valid BUT you are ALSO vaccinated.

I think it would all be like when you go to a pro sporting event, where tickets are digital (on your phone) and scanned at the point of entry

Once the QR code on the phone is scanned, if it is scanned a 2nd time by another person, that person is barred from entry, just like what happens right now at pro sporting events; that could also trigger a warning to the QR code owner that a 2nd individual attempted to enter Kinnick on the same QR code

Lots of issues have to be figured out, of course, based on the B1G's covid 19 protocols

Again, one QR code being issued to each person vaccinated was discussed on NBC Nightly News.

Moving forward, the QR code/proof of vaccination might be required not only for international travel, but for:

* Concert admittance
* Stadium admittance
* State Fair admittance

tenor.gif

Last edited:
No. If you decline a vaccination voluntarily and refuse to wear a mask or take other mitigation efforts then so be it and roll the dice. No one should be forced to do anything after all have the opportunity to get vaccinated. Also, the requirement to be vaccinated will be shot down as well.

Agreed. No one should be forced to get the vaccine.

Similarly, the University of Iowa should not be forced to let you in if you cannot show proof of vaccination.

"Force" works both ways.

Reactions: Cougar63
Antivaxxers will keep the disease alive and mutating. That is not a solution. If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated, that's their business. But don't expect the rest of the world to accomodate your ignorance and risk their lives.

You're absolutely delusional if you think that's the way things are going to go this fall. Prepare to be disappointed. Iowa could absolutely require proof of vaccination as a condition of attendance at their events.

Antivaxxers will keep the disease alive and mutating. That is not a solution. If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated, that's their business. But don't expect the rest of the world to accomodate your ignorance and risk their lives.
So you think Covid is just gonna be gone one of these days?

Simply moronic statement.
This is a virus just like a cold or flu. It will continue to mutate for a very long time.
EXPECT it to be part of our lives for 50 yrs and get the idea out of your head we will ever control it or stop it.
We will be able to have a regularly update shot that will help the general population keep it from running rampant.
Thats all we have ever had as a goal even though many sources have continued to spread the idea we are going to kill it off.
You can stay inside hiding forever if you want but it is not going to change its progression.

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk and BBHawk
To fly internationally, there is talk that you might have to prove you have been vaccinated. One way to do that is to issue a QR code to each person vaccinated. This was discussed recently on NBC Nightly News.

A QR code could be utilized at large gatherings like at Kinnick, too. See end of this post for a reminder of what the QR code looks like.

At the gate, there would be ONE scan of one QR code on your smart phone.

A person would get that QR code once they are vaccinated. That QR code is for that person only. Then an app developer could figure out how to combine that QR code with the bar code for the game day ticket. That way, at the gate, when your QR code is scanned, it shows that NOT ONLY is your ticket valid BUT you are ALSO vaccinated.

I think it would all be like when you go to a pro sporting event, where tickets are digital (on your phone) and scanned at the point of entry

Once the QR code on the phone is scanned, if it is scanned a 2nd time by another person, that person is barred from entry, just like what happens right now at pro sporting events; that could also trigger a warning to the QR code owner that a 2nd individual attempted to enter Kinnick on the same QR code

Lots of issues have to be figured out, of course, based on the B1G's covid 19 protocols

Again, one QR code being issued to each person vaccinated was discussed on NBC Nightly News.

Moving forward, the QR code/proof of vaccination might be required not only for international travel, but for:

* Concert admittance
* Stadium admittance
* State Fair admittance

tenor.gif
You really don't see an issue with this? Straight out of a dystopian teen novel.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
You really don't see an issue with this? Straight out of a dystopian teen novel.
How many people have died as a result of the vaccine as compared to covid itself? It is silly to not see how it has helped. How many people have passed that got the vaccine? Covid has long lasting effects on all walks of life people. People that worry about the effects of the vaccine need to realize the way covid can make you have life long issues. A vaccine is meant to help, has helped numerously over the years with different types of viruses and diseases...... The issue here is politically driven and is dangerous with the push back to take it. Religiously it is a push back of sorts if you include something that happened 50 plus years ago too. A lot of the "research" against it is partial research with a hypothetical basis to arguments.

All in all, get the shot and move on. Much like people did with Polio and chicken pox and every other disease that needed a vaccine.

How many people have died as a result of the vaccine as compared to covid itself? It is silly to not see how it has helped. How many people have passed that got the vaccine? Covid has long lasting effects on all walks of life people. People that worry about the effects of the vaccine need to realize the way covid can make you have life long issues. A vaccine is meant to help, has helped numerously over the years with different types of viruses and diseases...... The issue here is politically driven and is dangerous with the push back to take it. Religiously it is a push back of sorts if you include something that happened 50 plus years ago too. A lot of the "research" against it is partial research with a hypothetical basis to arguments.

All in all, get the shot and move on. Much like people did with Polio and chicken pox and every other disease that needed a vaccine.
You are right, of course, but you are arguing with willfully ignorant people who choose to believe and spread outright lies and misinformation. They can get away with this normally BUT with a virus like this, it can mean life or death. Eventually these idiots will either get vaccinated or they will find their health compromised down the road. Plain and simple. Darwin's theory will bear out, and these people are future winners of the Darwin Award.

If you listen to the news sources, the vaccine has had little impact on our downturn of cases , and in fact, as vaccine distribution ramps up, new cases have remained flat.

Please share some of these lifelong issues. Doctors can't even figure out present day issues, but you have figured out the future...

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Sounds good. I do that every day when I drive to work or if I step on a ladder.
Traffic Deaths in Iowa = 360 with all of 2020 and 2021 data
Covid Deaths in Iowa = 5,500 as of today

Quite a bit of difference there. Not even going to compare the ladder, as that would be more embarrassing.

Reactions: blhawk
You are right, of course, but you are arguing with willfully ignorant people who choose to believe and spread outright lies and misinformation. They can get away with this normally BUT with a virus like this, it can mean life or death. Eventually these idiots will either get vaccinated or they will find their health compromised down the road. Plain and simple. Darwin's theory will bear out, and these people are future winners of the Darwin Award.
Or there's that third option where you'll be one of the few 99.96 who contract it, don't die, and then have an immune response defense for months, potentially years after.

Traffic Deaths in Iowa = 360 with all of 2020 and 2021 data
Covid Deaths in Iowa = 5,500 as of today

Quite a bit of difference there. Not even going to compare the ladder, as that would be more embarrassing.
What are the stats for people in my age group (33) without pre-existing conditions?

TIA

If you listen to the news sources, the vaccine has had little impact on our downturn of cases , and in fact, as vaccine distribution ramps up, new cases have remained flat.

Please share some of these lifelong issues. Doctors can't even figure out present day issues, but you have figured out the future...
You did not answer any of my questions. How many have died since the outset of vaccines have started?

Also, heart issues, lung issues, etc have been linked to covid and have had long lasting effects on some that have recovered from it. What are the effects of the vaccine long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT