ADVERTISEMENT

Fed raises rates 75 bps

You clearly don’t follow the housing market nor do you understand historical market trends. Your statement is uneducated and ridiculous
Don’t follow? Lol I follow religiously and know when to call bs on positive outlook. We’re heading towards a worsening depression, facing high inflation, high interest rates, and steep-yet slightly declining prices. Yet you gobble up the bs that all is well. All is not well.

Again you’re not educated in this as well as I am and your ridiculous statements prove that. I’m not wasting any more time on replying to you because you’re an idiot.
I’m an idiot because I go beyond the headlines? Look at reality. You’re lost old man.

In 2008, we bought Tradition Manor for less than half of what it was sold for in 2006 at the peak of the housing market.

We figured, "This has to be the bottom of the price crash. It's a crazy good deal!"

Well, the prices kept dropping until 2011.

We're way good now, but those first few years were hard to take.

Don’t follow? Lol I follow religiously and know when to call bs on positive outlook. We’re heading towards a worsening depression, facing high inflation, high interest rates, and steep-yet slightly declining prices. Yet you gobble up the bs that all is well. All is not well.
When did I ever say all is well? This whole thread is about should I buy or not. Your head is so deep in research that indicates we’re going through 2008 all over again. The question asked by OP is should my friend buy a house. Purchase market is still strong and people are still buying. Will we see a decline in prices? Yes, but not to the level seen in 2008-2012. Did I say everything was hunky dory? No, but buying a house for most ppl is a long term investment so you’re not going to see any repercussions of a short term decline in home prices. If you’re wanting to buy as a short term investment then don’t get into housing. You want to buy a home you can someday own? That’s a long term investment. They have to live somewhere so would you rather they pay astronomical rent prices and not own anything?

When did I ever say all is well? This whole thread is about should I buy or not. Your head is so deep in research that indicates we’re going through 2008 all over again. The question asked by OP is should my friend buy a house. Purchase market is still strong and people are still buying. Will we see a decline in prices? Yes, but not to the level seen in 2008-2012. Did I say everything was hunky dory? No, but buying a house for most ppl is a long term investment so you’re not going to see any repercussions of a short term decline in home prices. If you’re wanting to buy as a short term investment then don’t get into housing. You want to buy a home you can someday own? That’s a long term investment. They have to live somewhere so would you rather they pay astronomical rent prices and not own anything?
Should he buy a house? And that is not the crap you’ve been replying to. That question requires a hell of a lot more information. Should one specific individual buy a house vs. is the housing market headed towards collapse (which all signs point to that being a definite possibility). Those are two different questions.

I’ll yield to people I work with who know significantly more than me about real estate who are convinced developers/banks are holding piles of shit right now and that interest rates/unemployment will rise substantially into ‘23.

Should he buy a house? And that is not the crap you’ve been replying to. That question requires a hell of a lot more information. Should one specific individual buy a house vs. is the housing market headed towards collapse (which all signs point to that being a definite possibility). Those are two different questions.

I’ll yield to people I work with who know significantly more than me about real estate who are convinced developers/banks are holding piles of shit right now and that interest rates/unemployment will rise substantially into ‘23.
Lol okay but I’d also maybe take a break from all the 2008 financial crisis documentaries you’ve been watching and maybe get out and enjoy the nice weather. You can even throw on your favorite tinfoil hat too!

The point is that he was sitting on $50k of liquidity and now he’s not. Seriously, home equity is about the only realizable asset for 99% of people of working age other than their own ability to work. Losing a whole chunk of it and shrugging your shoulders is exactly why wealth is consolidated. No- exactly the opposite. Equity is the only thing most people have and losing it while giving an oh shucks is pretty boneheaded.
Unless Joe is selling right now who cares? It’ll come back in time.

Lol okay but I’d also maybe take a break from all the 2008 financial crisis documentaries you’ve been watching and maybe get out and enjoy the nice weather. You can even throw on your favorite tinfoil hat too!
I don’t watch documentaries on 2008. I look at reality. 2008 was a disaster guaranteed to repeat itself thanks to the government proving it will save you from poor choices. You’re a fool if you think real estate can’t decline substantially nationwide again, and all indicators point to that being a possibility.

Unless Joe is selling right now who cares? It’ll come back in time.
Oh boy, this again. The ONLY realizable asset in the possession of most working age adults is their home. “Why care? I just lost net worth. Give me wealth equality!” Just can’t make this shit up.

Oh boy, this again. The ONLY realizable asset in the possession of most working age adults is their home. “Why care? I just lost net worth. Give me wealth equality!” Just can’t make this shit up.
How many of those people need to sell right now? Home values go up and down, always have.

How many of those people need to sell right now? Home values go up and down, always have.
How many will be screwed out of $100k plus when something tragic happens? How many will miss out on an opportunity to flip that equity into a desirable investment that lets them retire early, or go into working for themselves with something they actually enjoy? Life’s nothing more than a game- you passively accept deterioration of your wealth, and they’ll keep taking it.

How many will be screwed out of $100k plus when something tragic happens? How many will miss out on an opportunity to flip that equity into a desirable investment that lets them retire early, or go into working for themselves with something they actually enjoy?
Shit happens, that sucks. What, you want investments that only go up?

Shit happens, that sucks. What, you want investments that only go up?
No- I want to care when they go down and not shrug shoulders, praise politicians, and move on. I fight everything. Tax assessments, banks, vendors, customers. It all adds up. I do it fairly and within the law because it’s what is necessary. The vultures don’t stop.

No- I want to care when they go down and not shrug shoulders, praise politicians, and move on. I fight everything. Tax assessments, banks, vendors, customers. It all adds up. I do it fairly and within the law because it’s what is necessary. The vultures don’t stop.
No idea what you’re talking about.
My home has gone way up in value over the past few years. Don’t really care because I have no plans to move anytime soon and don’t know what market conditions will be when I have to sell. Nothing I can control.

No idea what you’re talking about.
My home has gone way up in value over the past few years. Don’t really care because I have no plans to move anytime soon and don’t know what market conditions will be when I have to sell. Nothing I can control.
I’m speaking in a personal/professional manner- but it carries into my personal life- the government, utility companies, and banks are consistently on a mission to f you over. Give it back. Fight them on everything, go extreme. Hell- I just saved like $100 last week arguing about fees. You know what made the difference? I said “ok, write me a check for my balance and I’ll do business elsewhere.” Boy did they cave- that much of an decrease in money they can lend out and screw others doesn’t play well.

These people are criminals and monopolies. Fight them and it adds up. Point is- you shrug your shoulders at 50k going out the door and defend it with an unrealized gain that never happened.

I’m speaking in a personal/professional manner- but it carries into my personal life- the government, utility companies, and banks are consistently on a mission to f you over. Give it back. Fight them on everything, go extreme. Hell- I just saved like $100 last week arguing about fees. You know what made the difference? I said “ok, write me a check for my balance and I’ll do business elsewhere.” Boy did they cave- that much of an decrease in money they can lend out and screw others doesn’t play well.

These people are criminals and monopolies. Fight them and it adds up. Point is- you shrug your shoulders at 50k going out the door and defend it with an unrealized gain that never happened.
Worrying about/counting on home equity is pointless.

I’m more concerned about how any kids these days will be able to afford homes without it breaking their budget.

Worrying about/counting on home equity is pointless.

I’m more concerned about how any kids these days will be able to afford homes without it breaking their budget.
And that’s different to you and also why I’ve always claimed you’re a solid guy. I’m just a businessman at the borderline of kids aren’t acceptable but still an option, but I do have nieces/nephews- don’t worry about them much, my siblings are very successful.

It’s a bit of both. I actually emailed my mortgage person today about ARM, and they advised against it right now- suggested I request sellers offer a buy down if I can.

I know ideally I can refinance a rate, I can’t refinance a purchase price.

just for me it’s a sliding scale- my “buying power” goes down with each rate increase as home prices simultaneously drop.
Your mortgage person probably makes more on a conventional fixed loan. I’d shop around.

Reactions: TennNole17
You pay in the price or you pay in interest. Rarely do you time both. Either is preferable to renting.
If you’re renting a house- you’re building one and/or a degenerate piling in morons to each room.

If you’re renting a house- you’re building one and/or a degenerate piling in morons to each room.
Huh?
An inflated purchase price or an inflated rate are both preferable to renting any housing. No idea what you're talking about.

Huh?
An inflated purchase price or an inflated rate are both preferable to renting any housing. No idea what you're talking about.
Dude- if it’s a 4 bedroom house, and you lack 3 bedrooms of income…. Of course you wouldn’t know because you’ve pissed away value your whole life.

seriously, talking to you fturds is like taking to fing 4 year olds, people who shaped me knew better than most people here- and idk if that’s generational or this dumbass appeared on my steps.

Again, what are you talking about?
Reality for anyone investing in real estate. Again, what are YOU talking about? Some hyped up sense of home ownership? Loser who lacks basic understanding of real estate market recommends purchase of property because “I” will go down in the face of inflation and unemployment. Jackass, take a seat, please. Before anyone is dumb enough to agree.

Reality for anyone investing in real estate. Again, what are YOU talking about? Some hyped up sense of home ownership? Loser who lacks basic understanding of real estate market recommends purchase of property because “I” will go down in the face of inflation and unemployment. Jackass, take a seat, please. Before anyone is dumb enough to agree.
Are you talking about investing in rental properties? Yea, no one else is talking about that. We're discussing buying/owning a single family home as opposed to renting. If you don't comprehend the discussion, don't interject.

Reactions: srams21
Are you talking about investing in rental properties? Yea, no one else is talking about that. We're discussing buying/owning a single family home as opposed to renting. If you don't comprehend the discussion, don't interject.
Rentals are completely in the deal, as they have been for small-time investors that you’ve completely missed the mark on. They’re constantly ignorant of real situations. You talk of homes, as if they’re much different… lol no one gives a shut about multifam/ duplex because they’re overpriced. Have a point yet? In other words: yes, it’s all approaching shit, and there’s no answer

My son and DIL (no pics) have been planning to sell their small condo in Chicago and buy a house in the burbs in 2023 for a couple of years now. Interest rates are going to get in the way of that plan.

Will housing prices drop as fast as rates are increasing? No, but it sure seems like they have to drop, depending on the desperation to sell.

My son and DIL (no pics) have been planning to sell their small condo in Chicago and buy a house in the burbs in 2023 for a couple of years now. Interest rates are going to get in the way of that plan.

Will housing prices drop as fast as rates are increasing? No, but it sure seems like they have to drop, depending on the desperation to sell.
Might be good for them long term. If their credit is excellent they can buy a house on the cheap and refinance a few times as rates go back down.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Rentals are completely in the deal, as they have been for small-time investors that you’ve completely missed the mark on. They’re constantly ignorant of real situations. You talk of homes, as if they’re much different… lol no one gives a shut about multifam/ duplex because they’re overpriced. Have a point yet? In other words: yes, it’s all approaching shit, and there’s no answer
We're you drinking last night? Care to take another stab at what you were attempting to say when this word vomit fell out now that you're sober?

Reactions: srams21
Here in Tampa Bay in the last 4 months the housing prices have already began to fall. I've seen tons of homes on the market over 90 days with multiple price decreases. Some as much as 10% or more. It's definitely beginning to correct itself in my opinion. We were ready to buy this fall but decided to wait another year. I expect we'll actually get a house we plan to stay in for quite a while vs. settling.

Reactions: kkhawk and srams21
Here in Tampa Bay in the last 4 months the housing prices have already began to fall. I've seen tons of homes on the market over 90 days with multiple price decreases. Some as much as 10% or more. It's definitely beginning to correct itself in my opinion. We were ready to buy this fall but decided to wait another year. I expect we'll actually get a house we plan to stay in for quite a while vs. settling.
I think this winter and into next spring, we will see it become more of a buyers market. Like you are already seeing, buyers can now offer below asking price and have some more power. There will be some good deals out there in the next 6 months or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT