ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz Loyalists, Let This Sink In...

This has to be Kirk's last year. It's the right time for him to go IMO. He's a dinosaur and the game/culture has passed him by.

Bob Stoops is out there. While the U of I may be broke, athletic dept is not. Let's go get this guy. It couldn't be any worse than another 3-5 years of Kirk, or God forbid, Brian the son.

Chris Klieman.

Reactions: nu2u and David1979
You realize that you would not find a single coach at any respectable D1 school to agree with you.
You are an idiot.

I hope you are more productive in society than you are on this message board (even if you work in fast food), your comments are pathetic and worthless.

Not sure why this one game would cause significant heartburn.
The team had a mediocre performance in the first game in a very weird year with unprecedented circumstances.

Everything was hunky-dory for the other team, though, right? No head coach. No Moore. No top RB. And a few other things swirling around their program. No pandemic in West Lafayette either.

No, only Iowa has had it tough. Poor little Hawkeye boys. LOL

That Purdue team isn’t much better than UNI. Seriously, no head coach, no Moore, no rb, no starting safety, and they still beat us. Even if they had all those players, they still are a bad team.

There have at least 3 guys on Purdue that we played yesterday that will be drafted within the next couple years. They aren’t UNI.

I hope you are more productive in society than you are on this message board (even if you work in fast food), your comments are pathetic and worthless.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

As for my productivity, I rarely post but, when I do, I don't make wild, drunken claims with no basis in reality. Enjoy your Bud.

I’m not a loyalist or a hater. I kind of see him for what he is. A good human being. A great developer of under the radar talent. Stubborn to a fault. Below average game day coach.

I’m not a loyalist or a hater. I kind of see him for what he is. A good human being. A great developer of under the radar talent. Stubborn to a fault. Below average game day coach.
You forgot to add future HOF coach, top 5 in college football wins.

I think the reality is Ferentz fatigue is setting in. Quarterback play and recruiting just haven't been good enough the past ten years to really move the needle.

After all the offseason controversy, which will probably make recruiting even harder, it's time to hit the reset button. Clearly, this is larger than one game.

A lot of stupid takes today. We're coming off the best 5 year run in program history and our recruiting has improved significantly.

A coaching change at this point probably means no Keagan Johnson, Davidkov and Sullivan in this class.

A lot of stupid takes today. We're coming off the best 5 year run in program history and our recruiting has improved significantly.

A coaching change at this point probably means no Keagan Johnson, Davidkov and Sullivan in this class.

In those five years, Iowa has two signature wins. I'm not going to downplay the success Ferentz has had at Iowa, but your take is pretty myopic.

And yes, Iowa's recruiting has improved a little. Given all the controversial this offseason, it's likely any momentum they've gained in recruiting has now been lost.

That Purdue team isn’t much better than UNI. Seriously, no head coach, no Moore, no rb, no starting safety, and they still beat us. Even if they had all those players, they still are a bad team.
LMAO. You're full of shit, just like you were in the other thread. The talent level our team has is much better than you claim. We were depleted with injuries last year. This year we finally have a relatively healthy and experienced team. What you saw is part of a top 25 recruiting class. When was the last time Iowa had a top 25 class? You're a classless fan. Luckily for Iowa a large majority of their fans have class. Stop trying to talk shit about Purdue. You lost the game.

If we don’t fumble with 6 min to go as we are pounding it downfield to score, our defense gets a little more rest and I doubt Purdue comes back and wins the game. Turnovers and penalties killed us. Cut both of those in half and Iowa wins on the road in the Big Ten. Not always an easy thing to do.
Good post ! We go 10-3 last season and finish ranked in the Top 15. I would say the staff is recruiting and coaching very well. We lose the first game of the season on the road and a bunch of whining crybabies crap their pants ! Unbelievable , many of you are piss poor fans!

This is a game Iowa rarely loses. Ran well passing was serviceable. Penalties and turnovers.
We have lost 3 of 4 to purdue and they all felt like a gut punch. FYI we have lost last 2 of 3 to NW. We lose these games pretty regularly, just not last year

Reactions: mlb1399
All you cry babies can go cheer for another team! NOBODY will miss you, and you will be happier, it’s a win win for everyone!

Or your lives are so pathetic that you can never be happy! Sucks to be you!

Reactions: ltsimmer
This has to be Kirk's last year. It's the right time for him to go IMO. He's a dinosaur and the game/culture has passed him by.

Bob Stoops is out there. While the U of I may be broke, athletic dept is not. Let's go get this guy. It couldn't be any worse than another 3-5 years of Kirk, or God forbid, Brian the son.
Stoops is not coming so get over it

All you cry babies can go cheer for another team! NOBODY will miss you, and you will be happier, it’s a win win for everyone!

That's cute, big guy.

This is just one of the interests we all have in our lives. One. When football season rolls around we all hope to see a good performance by the team because we know how much time they have invested in preparations..

..when the team comes out, looks like crap, and loses to a much lesser team that was without their best player (and Head Coach!)...come on.

That's how things work in competition. When things don't go well, everything gets examined. Wins are good, losses are bad.

We lost >>> bad >>> analysis of why.....

I don't know why you would tune into competitive sports...if you're not competitive..

Wow, you sure sound like a great human being yourself.

Awe someone got his feelings hurt cause his team lost. So sad.

Here come the Ferentz apologists: How dare we ever expect a better field product from Iowa football! It’s not about winning! We played hard and it was close!

In those five years, Iowa has two signature wins. I'm not going to downplay the success Ferentz has had at Iowa, but your take is pretty myopic.

And yes, Iowa's recruiting has improved a little. Given all the controversial this offseason, it's likely any momentum they've gained in recruiting has now been lost.

One would hope abusing USC was a pretty damn good win.

I am all in for Kirk leaving, mediocre coach, mediocre scheme, approaches everything as a committee when we need our best players to get touches. The times have passed him by, and frankly why waste an ounce of your stamina on an average coach, there is no reason Iowa shouldn't be at Wisconsin level. BF is a brain fart of a OC. PP knew the one guy we couldnt let be the reason we lose and here we are. What we clutching on to? What? Resign otherwise he is dragging this program into the dirt with him. Selfish.

Here come the Ferentz apologists: How dare we ever expect a better field product from Iowa football! It’s not about winning! We played hard and it was close!

Dude I have relatives dealing with COVID. You wanna whine like a little wuss over 1 game, go for it.

Yep, never fails. The “superfans” come out of the woodwork after every loss. They really don’t care if Iowa wins. And no criticism allowed! Must accept losing with a smile on our face!

Reactions: HawK + i
Dude I have relatives dealing with COVID. You wanna whine like a little wuss over 1 game, go for it.

Ahh ok, calm down boomer, if anything I was complimenting someone with COVID winning a football game, which highlights the incompetence of Iowa coaching staffing.

Some of you must have a pitiful existence. One loss, welp let's just pack it in and quit.

Must be exhausting feeling the obligation to be the morality police on a message board. Get a life. Why are you on here if you’re not going to provide any substantive value/opinion about IOWA FOOTBALL?

You forgot to add future HOF coach, top 5 in college football wins.

"You forgot to add future HOF coach, top 5 in college football wins."

No and No. Needs to get his winning% to 60% and unless you meant active top 5 in college football wins. Otherwise he has a long ways to go to get to top 5.

"You forgot to add future HOF coach, top 5 in college football wins."

No and No. Needs to get his winning% to 60% and unless you meant active top 5 in college football wins. Otherwise he has a long ways to go to get to top 5.

This. Is Ferentz an impressive coach for Iowa, sure, but is he an impressive coach nationally, no (maybe for longevity).

Your boy just got out-coached by a guy with COVID and was not even able to be on the sidelines. (Without their best player too.)

I presume you are suggesting fire him? You, and others, may get your wish this year.

The final straw after losing to Purdue is losing all those Fannie's in the seats for home games.

I've never seen a coach survive when game attendance seriously drops.....I predict that attendance drops this season.

Reactions: HawK + i
I presume you are suggesting fire him? You, and others, may get your wish this year.

The final straw after losing to Purdue is losing all those Fannie's in the seats for home games.

I've never seen a coach survive when game attendance seriously drops.....I predict that attendance drops this season.
Then most every coach in the United States will be looking for a job after this season.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT