ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz throws Padilla into the worst possible situation

M3 ME PLEASE

HR Legend
Mar 3, 2009
They go all year with the guy getting zero snaps, they have a bye week and don’t give him first team reps, then they finally decide the time to give him a shot is in the shoe in the worst possible situation. Just effin LoL.

Ferentz knows exactly what he’s doing and is gonna turn around with the I told you so to the fans/media and we will be right back to Petras starting next week. At this point the season is toast and you might as well see what you have with Labas or May for the future. But we know that ain’t happening.

It was worst possible situation in terms of timing in the season and complete lack of preparation by the staff - meaning zero game snaps earlier this season and by all accounts not a QB1 level of practice snaps either. He may not be the answr - in fact there’s a good chance he’s not - but he dam-well deserves a chance to play against a Nevada-esqu team to prepare for the bigger stage. It’s just ridiculous he had not been given any of that beforehand. Even if to just prepare for a possible Petras injury.

I read nothing into his performance today other than failure on the staff to prepare him the right way.

This is the worst coached team of the KF era.

The OL is a mess; KF is supposed to be an expert here.

The QB situation is a mess.

We have someone unqualified as OC and QBs coach.

Our running backs should not be fumbling on basic running plays.

Hell, we can't even make the center/QB exchange.

This team might have 1 more win in it and that's it.

This is the worst coached team of the KF era.

The OL is a mess; KF is supposed to be an expert here.

The QB situation is a mess.

We have someone unqualified as OC and QBs coach.

Our running backs should not be fumbling on basic running plays.

Hell, we can't even make the center/QB exchange.

This team might have 1 more win in it and that's it.
Add: Every QB/center exchange is way too slow, not sure how they haven’t fixed this.

They go all year with the guy getting zero snaps, they have a bye week and don’t give him first team reps, then they finally decide the time to give him a shot is in the shoe in the worst possible situation. Just effin LoL.

Ferentz knows exactly what he’s doing and is gonna turn around with the I told you so to the fans/media and we will be right back to Petras starting next week. At this point the season is toast and you might as well see what you have with Labas or May for the future. But we know that ain’t happening.
You got your wish, fumbled and now moved the goal post. Suck it.

Reactions: Section25

Stupid. If Padilla hadn’t gone in you’d bitch too.

Worst possible situation? Alex took first first snap at the OSU 43 or so…and fumbled it.
So you think getting your first snap of the season on the road against a top 5 team on the road when you haven’t practiced with the one’s all yeah is a GOOD situation???

You're kidding right. Giving your backup QB the reigns against the #2 team in the country in their house after not having a meaningful snap in how many years is near the worst scenario then I don't know what it.
I agree we should have put Padilla in much earlier. But if we hadn’t put Padilla in at half you’d also be complaining. Anytime over the last 5 weeks was the right time. Padilla didn’t proof the coaches wrong. He was horrible.

Shouldn’t he be able to not fumble his first snap?

Reactions: IAGuy and Section25
Coming into the game you’re near the bottom of QB and offensive ratings. And they start you again.
You throw 2 int directly at the other team and fumble like you’re scared. Then the staff waltzes you right back out there. That’s all you need to know.

You can't be begging for Iowa to bench Petras and bring in a more mobile QB and then bitch about it when he does.

He has had zero snaps all year. We are down 2 scores on the road in the toughest environment we will play in all year.
Wait, he hasn’t practiced? He sucked last year when we saw him and he sucked todsay. Unfortunately for us, Iowa just sucks on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT