ADVERTISEMENT

*****-fficial I-wa vs Nevada Game Thread*****

It sure as hell can't hurt ... don't you think we should try something by now? Or just keep trotting SP out? Yes, the OL is bad, I acknowledge that, but it's time to see if someone else can spark the offense.
read what I’ve posted. I agree with a QB change to try something new. But people act like it’s an on/off switch. This offense is broken and it’s much deeper than a QB change.

Does a QB block? does a QB hit holes? does a QB get open downfield?!

No. The only thing Labas and Padilla bring is better scrambling away from our trash offensive line. Maybe 3-4 better throws.
That's good enough for me. I love reading the board where people bag on Padilla - we only beat the golden PJ's last year because of a scramble and throw that he made that SP could never make. Wake up .. it's time to get someone else in and see what happens. This is pure stubbornness by KF.

You most definitely give experience to your other qbs with lesser competition
Agreed. Most rational coaches plan on the backup getting a series or two in games like this. Maybe script a series in the first half and call the plays in the second.

We need to incarnate a word to describe this mess.
tumblr_n1ztzrxrMa1tucer6o1_250.gif

This^. Our Qb and receivers suck. Literally no threat to do anything so the entire defense is within 5 yards of the line.
Which makes the job of a struggling offensive line that much harder. The bottom line is the offense is shit. And because it’s so bad, it’s difficult to determine what level of talent is on the field for Iowa. I feel pretty safe in saying, though, that there is more talent than to only have one touchdown on the board in almost nine quarters of football.

Kirk needs a new offensive system entirely.

EDIT: Make that two touchdowns on the season. What a run by the freshman.

Reactions: hwk23
I want a mobile QB but the way you guys shit on Spencer and ignore our trash run game is mind bottling. The o line and rush game is atrocious. I get the hate on QB1 is fun but the whole offense sucks. In the past it was just qb1.
No one is disagreeing w you. NO ONE.
They are moving linemen around to find some one who can block.
Two issue here, zone blocking is no longer effective. This QB dies not move well, he cannot extend plays or make plays w his feet.
Some ppl shine in practice, some are gamers.
Who do you think has more "up side" at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT