ADVERTISEMENT

Fight Night

Yeah his delivery is horrible or he is an a##hole. I think he tried to be funny, but I am not sure. My gut tells me he tried to be funny and also tried to be serious at times and it was hard to tell which was which.
He has guts though and we all knew that.
Yes it will get used against the Hawks in recruiting.
Also, didn't Mike Zadick win a title? I would say he has pretty good resume.
Dresser is definitely the more polished speaker.

Mike Zadick did not win a title.

Reactions: Huck
Ok, finally watched the video. This is what everyone lost their minds over? LOL. This was nothing! He got awkward trying to be funny, and likely has a really personal dislike for Dresser. That's the only time it felt like there was ever any real animus behind his words.

Ok, finally watched the video. This is what everyone lost their minds over? LOL. This was nothing! He got awkward trying to be funny, and likely has a really personal dislike for Dresser. That's the only time it felt like there was ever any real animus behind his words.
Where did you see the video?

It has to do with the fact that Gilman has zero titles but is talking trash to great past Hawks who brought actual titles to the university.

team and individual titles as Hawkeyes:
Schwab: 5 titles
Dresser: 6 titles
Metcalf: 5 titles
Zadick: 1 title
Gilman: 0 titles

Like I've said, I'm fine with the smack talk, but it should come from someone like Tom or Terry and not from someone who choked all the time

Using your criteria of TEAM and individual titles do you know how long the list of people with 4 titles is? Count their redshirt as well because they contributed to title and how many have 5. Good work once again. That climb to average is on for you, next step up is mediocre, keep practicing, you can do it!

Reactions: WDuck5217
He said a lot of fans come up and say I hate Iowa and didn't like you in college but now ur on team USA and I love you... Gilman responded by saying "You know what I say to that? F*** You!" Basically says if you weren't with him before don't start now.

Thank goodness I have hated him ever since he chose Iowa.

The FlipFlop Report and the trend continues....same ones who all trashed PD3 in 11 pages worth of posts and now say it's so nice to see him doing well....if you are on a TEAM and you don't agree with something that happened you don't turn your back...you hold your ground for the good and the bad. I'm not saying you have to support the actions, but you most definitely get on a forum and pontificate all of this BS which fuels division within our own team and gives our competition an even bigger lead....

The great Winston S. Churchill once said "When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you."

Just facts buddy. Every one of those guys he called out - Doug, Dresser, Metcalf and Zadick all did more than him as Hawkeye wrestlers.
Maybe you should check your facts before you quote them. Zadick never won a title, Dresser one, Schwab one and Metcalf two. None of them were more than 3-time AAs. His plcingswere very similar to Schwab's, and you could argue his overall career was as good as any but Metcalf's.All of these guys were among my favorites when they were at Iowa, but don't act like Gilman's career was a flop. He could very easily have been a 3-time Champ but for a mistake or two and some nerves once.

Supposedly Metcalf and Gilman were "nose to nose" after the event..
Metcalf would beat Gilman to an inch of his life lol

A lot of trash talk from Gilman for never winning an individual or team title..

Gilman accomplished in one trip to Worlds what Metcalf couldn't accomplish in 3-4 trips? Don't get me wrong I love Metcalf, but there are bigger things than NCAA titles. I'm sure Metcalf would agree with that too.

Reactions: Dagboi
My memory must be shot. I could have sworn he beat one of the Hughes from PSU in a title bout one year. Now I guess I will have to look it up and then I still won't believe it. I prefer to believe my faulty and unreliable memory.

My memory must be shot. I could have sworn he beat one of the Hughes from PSU in a title bout one year. Now I guess I will have to look it up and then I still won't believe it. I prefer to believe my faulty and unreliable memory.

I believe that was Bill

Supposedly Metcalf and Gilman were "nose to nose" after the event..
Metcalf would beat Gilman to an inch of his life lol

A lot of trash talk from Gilman for never winning an individual or team title..
He has just as much right to talk as Metcalf does. World silver medal on his first go around. How did Metcalf do? Metcalf may have 30 or so pounds on Thomas but I still would not bet about him getting beat “to an inch of his life”....think you meant, “within” and inch of his life. Thing about Gilman is he is right there and never backs down. He may get beat if outweighed but i would not want to be the one to try.

I could be wrong because the memory isn't what it used to be, but I think Mike came into the NCAAs one year as the number 1 seed and lost to a kid from Cleveland State in the first round?

If you think Gilman is a great representative of HWC this would be a great time to donate to give him more funding.

If you think we need to bring in more Spencer Lee, Michael Kemerer, Nathan Burak types then this would be a great time to donate to bring in more athletes like them.

Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $20.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Filled : Thu, 02 Nov 17 19:19:35 -0500

If you think Gilman is a great representative of HWC this would be a great time to donate to give him more funding.

If you think we need to bring in more Spencer Lee, Michael Kemerer, Nathan Burak types then this would be a great time to donate to bring in more athletes like them.

Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $20.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Filled : Thu, 02 Nov 17 19:19:35 -0500
If you think Gilman is a good representative of HWC, you probably don't have enough money to donate more than $20 to anything. He embarrassed Iowa wrestling last night based on every word from anyone who was there.

Reactions: Yellow Snow
Anyone catch Gilman talking about some of the guys on the team? It's at the 1:34 mark. Mentions a few different guys (Sorensen, Marinelli, Kemerer) and someone else he "won't mention right now." Any ideas on who he's talking about? Can't help but wonder if it's related to the 125 TBA wrestle off finals. Is it Lee? Maybe he's talking about Downey? Other ideas?

Anyone catch Gilman talking about some of the guys on the team? It's at the 1:34 mark. Mentions a few different guys (Sorensen, Marinelli, Kemerer) and someone else he "won't mention right now." Any ideas on who he's talking about? Can't help but wonder if it's related to the 125 TBA wrestle off finals. Is it Lee? Maybe he's talking about Downey? Other ideas?
That was my thought, either trying to build the hype around TBA 125 with Lee, either that or Downey and he didn't want to mention him until he's officially part of the team or something like that.

Downey imo but maybe lee

Gilman sucks . . . . as a comedian. His timing is terrible and he had me cringing and a bit uncomfortable.

That said, he is an awesome wrestler, a good person and entertaining to watch. I love Thomas, but the comedian thing is not going to work out for him. Tough crowd for a guy without great timing or great material. Hopefully this doesn’t get put out there out of context and be used against us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT