ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Brands

yeah....he is not wrong.....I've seen posters here say the samething....first time I can remember a former wrestler coming out and saying it.

BUT, did Borschel and Brands leave on good terms? That is also something that I've kinda seen...wrestlers leave and turn around and burn the program...I don't think I need to list the guys...but there's enough (off the top of my head).

Ramos
Gillman
Borschel (now)
Metcalf
St.John

yeah....he is not wrong.....I've seen posters here say the samething....first time I can remember a former wrestler coming out and saying it.

BUT, did Borschel and Brands leave on good terms? That is also something that I've kinda seen...wrestlers leave and turn around and burn the program...I don't think I need to list the guys...but there's enough (off the top of my head).

Ramos
Gillman
Borschel (now)
Metcalf
St.John
Meh. Ask Tony what he thinks of the program today

Reactions: Aleric1 and Gobblin

Ramos
Gillman
Borschel (now)
Metcalf
St.John
You can leave the last two names off your list, regarding guys throwing shade on the program, for obvious reasons. Both wanted to be on this staff and would kill for the opportunity. They have selfish reasons to trash TnT.

You're a Bozo.

Spencer is clearly a shell of himself....not yet recovered. Tony is not in the same league as Paris. Apart from that Session 4 was great.
He is not a shell of himself. He made a bad decision, which was based on the situation.

Tony is not as good as Parris, it happens. Woods is in the finals, which he didn’t do at Stanford, so I guess he got better?

Wrestling season is who got hot in March. Do you think Fareleigh Dickinson is a better basketball team than Purdue?

He is not a shell of himself. He made a bad decision, which was based on the situation.

Tony is not as good as Parris, it happens. Woods is in the finals, which he didn’t do at Stanford, so I guess he got better?

Wrestling season is who got hot in March. Do you think Fareleigh Dickinson is a better basketball team than Purdue?
Outstanding point. Fairleigh Dickinson insn't better. But who are we trying to say who's the 2nd-better wrestling team? N.C. State, Cornell, Nebraska, or Iowa?

So you posted this after Spencer lost. This feels like a post of an angry frustrated adolescent based solely on emotion.
Personally it hurts that Spencer lost as he is such a good man. Always humble and positive. We could all learn a lot from Spencer.
It’s so easy to live in what we perceive as a problem, instead of the solution. Borschel should give us his well thought out descriptive business plan for new success.

Last edited:
You can leave the last two names off your list, regarding guys throwing shade on the program, for obvious reasons. Both wanted to be on this staff and would kill for the opportunity. They have selfish reasons to trash TnT.
Name one reason we have M* or Telford over Brent. Neither can carry his jock strap.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin and KYHWKY
I really don’t think its crazy to say this! Spencer was as complete of a recruit skill wise as you can find out there. And Yall can’t say it hasn’t been as big of a mismanagement of a talent that you can do. And If it were me, if my kid were a top recruit I’d steer them away from Iowa. This program has shown no reason why you should place your trust in them as a top end talent !
Lol... you are a mental midget. Thanks for the effort troll...I take comfort knowing this is some ass hat who doesn't care that his team currently sits in 8th place

I really don’t think its crazy to say this! Spencer was as complete of a recruit skill wise as you can find out there. And Yall can’t say it hasn’t been as big of a mismanagement of a talent that you can do. And If it were me, if my kid were a top recruit I’d steer them away from Iowa. This program has shown no reason why you should place your trust in them as a top end talent !
Gotta disagree. Spencer came in injured and has battled injuries ever since. And not overtraining or practice related ones. Documented in-match injuries. For whatever reason he seems to be snakebit with the injury bug. Add to that a torn labrum in high school. Despite all that, he won three titles, two Hodges, and a Sullivan award. Another perspective is that Brands managed his precarious situation quite well, notwithstanding tonight's tough loss. TnT may warrant criticism in some areas, but this isn't one of them imo.

What a coward…. The very definition of a bitch.

I don't think you know the definition of that word. How many times are we going to see this same thing happen at NCAAs? I can tell you. As many times as Brands is the coach.

How long have you been holding out to start this thread?

4 years. Seems like not much has changed. We have 1 title since then. and that was in an Covid-shortened half season.

I don't think you know the definition of that word. How many times are we going to see this same thing happen at NCAAs? I can tell you. As many times as Brands is the coach.

4 years. Seems like not much has changed. We have 1 title since then. and that was in an Covid-shortened half season.
You’re hiding behind a screen name you bitch. Have some balls and pen a letter, or send an email to Tom. I guarantee he will read it…. And likely respond. Instead you come here behind an anonymous name and start a thread like a child would. The very definition of a coward. No context, no ideas, just a childish post. You’re a puke and have done a real shitty job of trying to hide it.

So if Tom isn’t the coach next year we win NCAAs??? It’s mind numbing how stupid you are. Or a wonderful troll. Pitiful either way.

You’re hiding behind a screen name you bitch. Have some balls and pen a letter, or send an email to Tom. I guarantee he will read it…. And likely respond. Instead you come here behind an anonymous name and start a thread like a child would. No context, no ideas, just a childish post. You’re a puke and have done a real shitty job of trying to hide it.

i've actually done that. And had he listened to me then, we wouldn't be in this situation. He didn't believe me. Everything that was in Larry Lee's notebook - had already been said to him.

So try again.

And dude. This is a sports message board. It's entire function is to "come here behind an anonymous name and start a thread." So when you say things like, this has no context and i have no ideas, well. I do. And i've posted them on numerous occasions. And all the name calling in the world won't change the facts. With Tom Brands at the helm, we will always be second fiddle to Carl. Something that's been said MANY times on this board from MANY Hawk fans. I'm just not coward enough to sit down, say nothing, and act like we can't do anything about that.

So if Tom isn’t the coach next year we win NCAAs??? It’s mind numbing how stupid you are. Or a wonderful troll. Pitiful either way.

You're doing a terrible job at this. We need new leadership. This isn't working. The facts bear out exactly what I'm saying. It would seem that we either have the desire to win championships, be the dominate program - or we don't.

So I'd ask you - who's the one really trolling?

Reactions: BBptg5
You're doing a terrible job at this. We need new leadership. This isn't working. The facts bear out exactly what I'm saying. It would seem that we either have the desire to win championships, be the dominate program - or we don't.

So I'd ask you - who's the one really trolling?
That’s literally what you just said. Man are you touched above the shoulders or suffered a horrible brain injury or something?? If so I apologize. If not, you are truly delusional and or ignorant.

ADVERTISEMENT