ADVERTISEMENT

FLO IS A POORLY RUN COMPANY

WildTurk

HR Heisman
Jul 25, 2011
I go to login this morning and it won't let me.. Says i have an invalid email. I try what i can to make it work but nothing doing. So i find the contact information on FLO's site and see a #. A girl answers the phone and tells me they tried 4 times to take my 20$ from my debit card and it didn't work.(Nothing wrong with my card or account btw) The only thing that happened was my bank sent me a new debit card with a chip. Same card number and all.

The girl then tells me since my card didn't go through i have to subscribe again for 150$ for the year or 29$/month. No other option. I have no problem paying the $150 for the year, it's just the principle behind the matter where they forced me into it like that. How about a phone call letting me know of the situation? They didn't even try to reason or compromise with me after they found out the reasoning. Since i have to subscribe for the year I told her I have two months of flo coming to me for the Penn State debacle last year(i have emails to prove it) she laughed it off like it never happened.

All i can say now is **** you Flo you sleazy, greedy bastards! Take my 150$ and eat a dick! Pathetic

If you actually expected a phone call from a person you're very naive. With how many subscribers they have that would literally be impossible to do every time there was a billing issue with someone's card. There are still a lot of kinks they need to work out, but the only other real option is Track and their website is absolute garbage.

I'm still waiting for a PPV service to come to market - now that is something I would be interested in..

Reactions: D3wrestler
I go to login this morning and it won't let me.. Says i have an invalid email. I try what i can to make it work but nothing doing. So i find the contact information on FLO's site and see a #. A girl answers the phone and tells me they tried 4 times to take my 20$ from my debit card and it didn't work.(Nothing wrong with my card or account btw) The only thing that happened was my bank sent me a new debit card with a chip. Same card number and all.

The girl then tells me since my card didn't go through i have to subscribe again for 150$ for the year or 29$/month. No other option. I have no problem paying the $150 for the year, it's just the principle behind the matter where they forced me into it like that. How about a phone call letting me know of the situation? They didn't even try to reason or compromise with me after they found out the reasoning. Since i have to subscribe for the year I told her I have two months of flo coming to me for the Penn State debacle last year(i have emails to prove it) she laughed it off like it never happened.

All i can say now is **** you Flo you sleazy, greedy bastards! Take my 150$ and eat a dick! Pathetic
Well, a subscription company is going to try to charge your card a few times and move on. They are not going to try to call you and let you know. If you were that worried about losing your grandfathered pricing you probably should have updated your card.

If you actually expected a phone call from a person you're very naive. With how many subscribers they have that would literally be impossible to do every time there was a billing issue with someone's card. There are still a lot of kinks they need to work out, but the only other real option is Track and their website is absolute garbage.

I'm still waiting for a PPV service to come to market - now that is something I would be interested in..
phone call, email, text.. something letting me know they were divorcing me. That's all.

Well, a subscription company is going to try to charge your card a few times and move on. They are not going to try to call you and let you know. If you were that worried about losing your ograndfathered pricing you probably should have updated your card.
The card info was the same. The exp date got me

This is one of the fastest growing companies in the sports tech/media space. Highly unlikely you would get a courtesy call about your card being declined. Stuff happens. Flo does a tremendous job and they are great for wrestling.

Reactions: D3wrestler
This is one of the fastest growing companies in the sports tech/media space. Highly unlikely you would get a courtesy call about your card being declined. Stuff happens. Flo does a tremendous job and they are great for wrestling.
Far from "tremendous" my friend. Forget phone. Text, email, telegram, fax, mail, instagram, gmail, facebook, morse code, pony express..

I'm confused. If your card didn't go through and you were not charged what other option did you want other than the monthly or annual option? Or did I miss something?

If Iowa's first three Duals of the Season didn't start this morning at 10 a.m. I guess i wouldn't be that upset. Just a little bummed out. Oh well. Life goes on

Well, a subscription company is going to try to charge your card a few times and move on. They are not going to try to call you and let you know. If you were that worried about losing your grandfathered pricing you probably should have updated your card.

Are you really claiming that a subscription service, that when a payment goes through, it has no ability to notify the account holder? Is this serious? That isn't even complicated. As he posted thereafter, it obviously didn't need to be a phone call. These things should be automated.

I work in a line a business that makes thousands of monthly recurring credit card transactions to our clients, and I can tell you that there is no easy or good way to notify nonpay clients (even if it’s just an oversight on a new card being issued). It’s more labor intensive and costly than you can imagine.

I feel your frustration and am sure you were upset to find out as you were tuning in to a meet- but maybe a private suggestion or complaint to them would have been a more productive way to address it.

Reactions: DonHawkeye
If Iowa's first three Duals of the Season didn't start this morning at 10 a.m. I guess i wouldn't be that upset. Just a little bummed out. Oh well. Life goes on

With all due respect, once the exp date changed on the card, it was a new one. (That’s on you.)

But failing to honor the original price due to an honest mistake on your part reeks of piss-poor customer service, imo.

Reactions: honkey69
They changed their format and (also to note) have a link on the main page. it says you must now log on with your email and not just username.

Reactions: Huck
Where in the hell did you find a phone number....I had problems with them today and would have killed to be able to actually call them... all I could find for contacts was a email message format and 7 hours later still haven’t received a response

Reactions: el dub
With all due respect, once the exp date changed on the card, it was a new one. (That’s on you.)

But failing to honor the original price due to an honest mistake on your part reeks of piss-poor customer service, imo.
This sums up exactly how i feel. Your words are my words. I should have known better. Learning experience indeed.

Reactions: el dub

This sums up exactly how i feel. Your words are my words. I should have known better. Learning experience indeed.
You’re preaching to the choir brother

I will admit, I have had issues logging in today/tonight to see the "biggest weekend of wrestling ever on Flo". Interesting time to decide to roll out a new site that conveniently doesn't let their paid users access content.

Reactions: WildTurk and Huck
I work in a line a business that makes thousands of monthly recurring credit card transactions to our clients, and I can tell you that there is no easy or good way to notify nonpay clients (even if it’s just an oversight on a new card being issued). It’s more labor intensive and costly than you can imagine.

I feel your frustration and am sure you were upset to find out as you were tuning in to a meet- but maybe a private suggestion or complaint to them would have been a more productive way to address it.
I tried the private suggestion/complaint method first i assure you. I got shut down. Almost felt like i was talking to a robot that was reading response answers off a screen. Very unprofessional.

I love Flo because they provide us videos/coverage of the most current wrestling content available. But what other choice do we have? Track? College fist to back streams?! Flo Wrestling is well aware of that i a$$ure you. :oops:

Reactions: honkey69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT