ADVERTISEMENT

Florida people, tell me if this anti woke stuff is for real.

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
The Florida Board of Education is releasing new guidelines which include teaching, “Slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound like anti-woke, that sounds more like the classic conservative you're making America look worse than it was position. Cuz America was a good thing, not a bad, and talking about slavery makes it look really bad.

But yeah, if they're mandating the quoted stuff be taught that's crazy. When you're talking about slavery the fact that some slaves developed useful skills doesn't exactly lessen the horror that was slavery.

They're going way past some of the initial anti-woke content they were so up in arms about.

I'm not sure what it'll amount to, but this level of meddling in education is setting a terrible precedence.

Last edited:
The Florida Board of Education is releasing new guidelines which include teaching, “Slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit@.

This is the same stuff DeSantis' former students said he tried to teach them back before he was fired from that high school. They've been quoted saying he taught that the war was really about "competing economic models" that slaves "benefited from." He's a real old-school, southern man pos.

It’s like the evil (correct, evil) people from the past are back and want to bring all the bad parts back.

They've always been there unfortunately. Out of desperation, they now aren't hiding it politically any more.

Eventually, they will lose. The world will see for itself what their true motives are and eliminate them from power.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I know they've also started a program where teachers can earn a one-time, $3000 bonus if they take a state-approved Civics Education course. I've seen & heard various things about the course. Not surprisingly, my conservative-leaning teacher friends have spoken highly of it, my left-leaning teacher friends have ragged on it & did it solely for the cash.
I would love to view it myself, but I don't think it is available for public consumption. From what I have read, it was largely put together (maybe entirely) by professors and administration from Hillsdale College - so it is a pretty safe guess that it leans heavily to the right.

This is the same stuff DeSantis' former students said he tried to teach them back before he was fired from that high school. They've been quoted saying he taught that the war was really about "competing economic models" that slaves "benefited from." He's a real old-school, southern man pos.
You can take the boy out of Duval County, but you can't take the Duval County out of the boy.

HE. IS. A. HUGE. PIECE. OF. SHIT.

Reactions: Dorrman
link?

One wonders what - in Florida - the reaction would be if they also required teaching that the Jews “developed skills” in the death camps that proved personally valuable “in some instances”.

And where are our resident “conservatives” to explain how this isn’t what it is?

Think of all of the people who met the love of their life in the Holocaust, yet people dwell on the million+ innocent children murdered.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Blacksmith jobs await. I wonder why people aren't volunteering to be slaves if it means learning a skill that will could be useful later in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCainer
Whatever happened to, ya know, "actual history"?

But, ain't it wonderful how the nice white folk taught some valuable skills to their slaves? Did the slaves have to PAY for the education they received? NO! I'm sure many of the slaves went on to have fine careers as cotton pickers.

:rolleyes:

The Florida Board of Education is releasing new guidelines which include teaching, “Slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.

Hoe. hoe. hoe. a skill.

Whatever happened to, ya know, "actual history"?

But, ain't it wonderful how the nice white folk taught some valuable skills to their slaves? Did the slaves have to PAY for the education they received? NO! I'm sure many of the slaves went on to have fine careers as cotton pickers.

:rolleyes:
That’s not what is in the standards. What history is not in the standards? You are lying much like the VP. Take a break from
The Huffington Post

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Desanty was a high school instructor? Well, all righty then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT