ADVERTISEMENT

Frost On The Verge Of Tears After The Loss Today

I might be wrong but he could instill discipline tomorrow. It doesn't take three years, or three months or even weeks.

Reactions: win4jj
Hey, Scott? Do you now realize that you would have lost to Michigan had you played them after the ‘97 season?

I knew the answer was yes then, and since watching Nebraska in the B1G, I’m certain of it. But of course, at the time, you arrogantly popped off about it. I’ve disrespected you ever since.

And the begging of the coaches in the coaches poll after the bowl game. So undignified.

My question is why has it taken 3 years. Shouldn’t he have turned the discipline over sooner. That’s all on the coaches for creating the culture. I mean 2 years at UCF no issue with discipline that we’ve heard of. Thing is next year minus red shirt seniors they’ll be all his guys.

You hit the nail on the head. Discipline was job 1 that should have been installed if it was a problem. The fan base and administration were behind him 100%, they would have given him room to lose games but develop his culture. He has no earthly idea how to create a disciplined football team if he's in his 3rd year and saying the things he says.

Nebraska is the epitome of an undisciplined, entitled program. Get blown out by a bad Illinois team (why they thought they could just mail it in against Illinois, I have no idea). They don't want to get embarrassed against Iowa so they give effort and play hard. But get ahead 20-13 and then Iowa outscores them 13-0 the rest of the way and Nebraska turns it over twice.

Guy has heart and love for his program can’t fault him for that
It was nice of Frosty to come out of the closet after that beat down and talk to the reporters!!!

When a girl (or his team) gets beaten up, he should be emotional & he should come out of the closet & do something about it! But Frosty is what he is. A pathetic coward.

Frost may have cried again at his post game presser, but he's laughing all the way to the bank with a contract that pays him until 2026.

He's got one of the best agents in college sports, by the looks of things.
correct me if i am wrong, but Scott had all the leverage when he was at UCF & Debbie was after him; he talked about how UCF was a great place & he had a newborn coming. Debbie was all in on Frosty. Frosty therefore could demand such a crazy ass contract

Reactions: MitchLL
You hit the nail on the head. Discipline was job 1 that should have been installed if it was a problem.
It’s rich that he’s offering up one of the Peters brothers as a model of discipline.

Basically, that press conference snippet was the same sorry excuse he’s been throwing out there for the past two-plus years: “Well it wasn’t like this when I was here before! I mean, Grant, and Jason, and Ahman, and a whole bunch of other badass All-Americans were in the locker room and on the field back then—what do you expect me to do without them now?!”

Dude........as a casual visitor to this website, do you have an obsession with Nebraska????

I thought this was an Iowa football forum. If one were to track you posts, you'd probably see over 1,000 in a year, all about the Huskers.

So, admit it, you're a husker fan in disguise, right?

Unbelievable.
He's a closet husker, a lot like frost I guess!

This..and there was a clear upward trajectory. Anyone watching the program could see that. Not so much in Lincoln these days.
7-5 and could've been even better that year. Completely blew the isu game that year for instance. But like you said even with that it was an obvious upward trajectory that year which culminated in a big ten title the next year. I'll poop my pants willingly in front of a crowd if Nebraska does that next year.

• Haha
Reactions: Jonnymungo
To be honest I never understood why they got rid of Pelini. I really hated that guy but he was a pretty damn good coach. It felt like his teams just had more upside. Anyway, whatever, the goal is and always has been beating and competing with Wisky in my opinion.

seems like ferentz’ teams were solid teams pretty quick
I thought the same thing about Coach Fry’s start at Iowa. He had disciplined teams pretty quickly. In his 3rd year he beat a #7 ranked Tom Osborne team, #6 UCLA, #5 Michigan and took his team to the Rose Bowl as BIG co-champs.

Fry didn’t inherit near the talent and resources that Frost did. But he did instill discipline in year 1. Frost is just a whiner.

I thought the same thing about Coach Fry’s start at Iowa. He had disciplined teams pretty quickly. In his 3rd year he beat a #7 ranked Tom Osborne team, #6 UCLA, #5 Michigan and took his team to the Rose Bowl as BIG co-champs.

Fry didn’t inherit near the talent and resources that Frost did. But he did instill discipline in year 1. Frost is just a whiner.

agreed

All of the 1990s success by Osborne and Nebraska was mostly due to playing incredibly weak schedules and then weak bowl opponents... (that and PEDs and a long list of thugs that should have been in jail let alone allowed to play college football). In today's playoff system that demands team play the best to win it all...Osborne would never won single championship. Yes in 1997 (i.e, Frost's closet years) Michigan was the best team.....they didn't need a phony kick ball in air trapped ball on the ground catch to win a game over a weak Missouri team to stay alive...before there was replays).
This is true, I also would have liked to see the 94 team go up against the collins/carter/brady led Penn St team that went 12-0. That being said Kirk may very well have 0 big ten titles if the big ten championship game started a decade earlier. It's amazing how bad of a system college football was 25 years ago, split national and conference titles were so lame

Watch him gut his chew spit during his press conference.

They won't be replaying any games on the 19th, I believe they already said there would be no rematches......
What they said is that they may try to avoid rematches. What that means is wisconsin will play a weaker team and iowa will play a tougher team.

“Iowa does the little things right” Frost said. They are a mature program.

yet we have the fifth youngest team in the NCAA.

it is culture, instilled by the coach, and careful evaluation and selection of recruits. None of which Frost does well.

He's not going to find what he's looking for with the arrogant attitude. Those kids walk in there & immediately think those trophies belong to them. Nebraska finds themselves in this predicament because they submerse themselves in the past. That is the bigger picture and if you want a microcosm, look no further than Penn State week. They win a game by barely holding on, then promptly distribute "blackshirts" the following Monday. Another one is in this very press conference. "we never missed class or a workout and it never got to Osborne because JP and Grant would take care of it". Ok, that's great Scott, but this is a new generation & you're ultimately responsible for that. In year three.

I don't believe golden boy is the one to lead them. It's going to take a bull; an outsider who doesn't give a rip about the 90's, but how to win in the B1G, today.

Last edited:
it sort of has come out a bit but someday I really hope that the dirt that Osborne has comes to the surface . Not the almighty saint they worship him as . The Sports Illustrated article from years ago had some of it but he for sure had a couple of blind eyes

Agree with him about if you do the little things right, the big things will be right.

Get on a plane. Food tray a bit dirty. Maybe not a big thing, except makes you wonder if that is how they maintain the engines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT