ADVERTISEMENT

*****GA Senate runoff Elections thread*****

Kamala is going to be very busy the next 2 years.

Probably not. There were gonna be no massive shifts because there are still enough conservative democrats like Manchin where the balance could easily tip. But now with the majority they can probably get the moderate republcians to move on a few things and get some changes done.

Probably not. There were gonna be no massive shifts because there are still enough conservative democrats like Manchin where the balance could easily tip. But now with the majority they can probably get the moderate republcians to move on a few things and get some changes done.
What's big about this is controlling the agenda (House passed bills will make it to the floor and at least get floor votes) and getting Senate confirmations of judges and cabinet/administrative posts.

If the dems win both it will at least give Biden the chance to appoint judges.

And it might hurt the cult of Trump.

Just getting actual popular bills on the Senate floor feels like a miracle

Yes. Maybe just enough to get some modest proposals through. More importantly it would allowBiden to choose his appointees/judges without McConnell holding them up. I also have no doubt McConnell would not hold a vote on a SC justice for years, if necessary.

What's big about this is controlling the agenda (House passed bills will make it to the floor and at least get floor votes) and getting Senate confirmations of judges and cabinet/administrative posts.

Oh I get all that. I'm just talking about the point about VP casting a lot of tie breaking votes cause of a 50/50 split. The split is still too close to get "crazy ideas" things like Universal income through. But, on things like the ACA they can get a republican or two to vote for it, which means the tie break won't be needed.

I am not going to get too excited til they start calling the races.

Of course you know there will likely be recounts and court cases.

Yes. Maybe just enough to get some modest proposals through. More importantly it would allowBiden to choose his appointees/judges without McConnell holding them up. I also have no doubt McConnell would not hold a vote on a SC justice for years, if necessary.

Guys look at the post I responded to. It was not talking about the value of having control. It's only about how many times she will be needed to break a tie. It ain't gonna be much because there are still too many, on both sides of the aisle, that could vote for the other platform

I just flipped to it when MSNBC was on commercial and they were covering the vaccine rollout. Not even talking about the Election.

See, the media is not biased. The vaccine rollout is Trump's crowning achievement, says he. Forget the 400k people who died due to negligence.

Guys look at the post I responded to. It was not talking about the value of having control. It's only about how many times she will be needed to break a tie. It ain't gonna be much because there are still too many, on both sides of the aisle, that could vote for the other platform

I could see Manchin, Collins, Murkowski, and Romney potentially being the power brokers.

Dave Wasserman calling it for Ossoff. He was the one that called it for Warnock about an hour or so before everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT