ADVERTISEMENT

Game Notes & Two Deeps for Iowa vs. Michigan

I didn’t realize he is just a junior. I think DeJean is best at safety or cash, and also could get the most INTs at one of those positions versus CB. Will be interesting to see how it is pieced together.
Yeah, he is a JR and won't be losing that spot unless his play slips. I think they see DeJean as literally being able to play anywhere in the secondary, so I imagine he will play wherever there is the weak link.

Reactions: ichawk24
I’ll admit I was skeptical mostly because I didn’t want it to come at the expense of CDJ snaps. He’s been very good back there though. Arguably the worst player in the secondary has been Moss this year.

Safeties XN and Schulte
CBs Harris and Dejean
Cash Castro
I don't know Quinn very well - I met him once - but I am friendly with his uncle, who lives in my neighborhood and whose son was a walk-on for 1 season as a DB a number of years back (so he knows PP decently well and knows what he looks for). He told me going into the season that his son said Quinn is his perfect FS - Very smart, very detail-oriented, always makes the right calls and always is in the right spot. Those are the things he values at FS even more than being an elite athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT