ADVERTISEMENT

Garza is a stud

Indeed.
Get him in the weight room and then in yoga/ballet class and he'll be the real deal!

Earlier this season when he pulled up to take a 3 I cringed. He had a couple of nice looks at 3 late in the MI game today that didn’t go down but I had NO problem with him pulling the trigger. Early in the year I thought it was Nunge who would develop and wanted to sit Garza more. Boy was I wrong. Garza exceeded my expectations.

I'd rather lose TC than this kid (infinitely better coached growing up) Best center we have had in a long, long, time.

I love Garza. Plays with toughness and heart. Can also shoot from outside, he's going to be an awesome player for sure!

I like Garza's offense, rebounding, and toughness.

I agree about Nunge---I was high on his potential, but Garza ended
up outplaying him. Nunge is a better athlete, but was not ready this year. I'm a little concerned about Nunge's touch around the basket---he needs to dunk and quit missing bunnies. Nunge needs to play the 4 though---he can't guard man-to-man at the 3.

Kriener had some nice games. Looks like the center position is a Kriener/Garza combo.

up outplaying him. Nunge is a better athlete, but was not ready this year. I'm a little concerned about Nunge's touch around the basket---he needs to dunk and quit missing bunnies. Nunge needs to play the 4 though---he can't guard man-to-man at the 3.

Kriener had some nice games. Looks like the center position is a Kriener/Garza combo.

Nunge way too soft inside needs to be stronger physically and mentally. Pretty much up to him how much he improves this offseason. Find the weight room!

Nunge seems to not like contact. He does not fight hard enough for rebounds and I don't recall ever seeing him fighting for a ball lose on the court.

Garza's rim protection got a lot better at the tail end of the season. If he can continue to develop his rim protection through positioning and verticality and hone his offensive game, he will be a very unique player.

The ability to space the floor from the center position opens up a lot offensively. We can get away with a defense first non shooter at one or two other positions or put 5 shooters on the floor without sacrificing rebounding and rim protection.Just allows for a lot a versatility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT