ADVERTISEMENT

So Boyz….a moral/ethical Question for you all……..

Iowa State bc it ruffles peoples jimmies more than Illinois.
Truth be told, I typically always root for the in-state teams unless they do something to piss me off.

Why would I root for Baylor to beat Iowa State or Bradley to beat Drake or random OOC team to beat UNI?

I may not like their fanbases at times, but I also give zero f***s about their opponents, and it makes the state of Iowa look better when we have successful programs. (But with Iowa on top of course....... ;) )

Attempting to read between the lines… meaning Fran’s departure?
No, but I do think it’s time for a change, even though overall Fran has done good as job as anyone since Lute. I was thinking more about the perception of the state for recruits, given the sentiment shared by some on this board that Iowa is snow white or at least people think of it that way.

Iowa State bc it ruffles peoples jimmies more than Illinois.
Loop Trump GIF

Don't live in Iowa and know very few Iowa State people. No reason to support them just because that school resides within the same State as my alma mater. I generally root for B1G in the Big Dance, and with as lousy as the conference has done the last several years, I'll be hoping they can get as many wins as possible.

I’m going ISU, basically because it makes the state look good, and hopefully indirectly benefits us down the road.
How does it make "the state" look good? I seriously doubt anyone outside the state of Iowa cares. Ain't nobody sitting in their living room in Tennessee saying "Boy, they sure can play basketball in Iowa."

Also....any success ISU has only hurts the U. of I. That is why no real Hawkeye fan would EVER root for the Clones, as that is tantamount to rooting against your own team.

How does it make "the state" look good? I seriously doubt anyone outside the state of Iowa cares. Ain't nobody sitting in their living room in Tennessee saying "Boy, they sure can play basketball in Iowa."

Also....any success ISU has only hurts the U. of I. That is why no real Hawkeye fan would EVER root for the Clones, as that is tantamount to rooting against your own team.
It is another piece of information to counter the perception that no people other than white people play basketball in the state, and play it well. On cheering for/against ISU, I agree wholeheartedly, in general, and especially with football. However, we don't really compete for men's basketball recruits very often within the state. The two teams just kind of do their own thing.

I really like how hard ISU plays defensively. I’ll pull for them to win every game. I just enjoy college sports in general and will watch as many games as possible.

Life is too short to hate someone because they are a rival. TJ. has done a really good job in Ames. If Iowa can’t win I’d be happy for ISU if they could make it to the FF

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT