ADVERTISEMENT

Gas prices are tanking!

That would be nice. It’s not up to me to pick but I can give an opinion. Biden gets the blame when prices go up and no credit when they go down. You point out the hypocrisy on one side.

My view is that the president doesn’t control the price of gas and that Biden didn’t trigger gas price increases.

Reactions: auntie_fah
That would be nice. It’s not up to me to pick but I can give an opinion. Biden gets the blame when prices go up and no credit when they go down. You point out the hypocrisy on one side.

My view is that the president doesn’t control the price of gas and that Biden didn’t trigger gas price increases.
Where did my post call out any side. Everyone should pick one and stick with it. I also agree that the president doesn't control the price of gas.

Gas is $3.49 for regular 87 octane all over Central Florida today.

The Gas Buddy app probably makes it easy for gas stations to collude on price.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I had an uncle who'd drive 20 miles away to a tiny town to save 10 cents per gallon. By the time he drove round-trip and spent an hour of his time he had to have lost on the endeavor. But... he could tell everyone where he'd go to get gas a little cheaper.

Those of you who really worry about gas prices... does the $3.00 +/- per tank really impact you when prices fluctuate?

I suspect it’s pricing in the conversion process of going from winter blends to summer blends which can affect supply in the short term. Wholesale gasoline prices are exactly the same as they were a month ago at $2.55 a gallon.

Spring break...
America is producing more product than it ever has...
Gas prices go up and gas prices go down....
National average March 2018: $2.61
National average march 2024: $3.40

Spring break is the reason?? I picked the higher of Trump's pre-covid year figures btw. I could make that increase look even worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
Go ahead...now explain why.
Bad energy policy is certainly part of it but the worst of it is that inflation is also represented in that new figure. The devalued dollar thanks to endless spending is also part of the reason that very few want to admit. Trump isnpartially responsiblenfor that too, but nowhere near as much as biden given his fiscal policies.

Bad energy policy is certainly part of it but the worst of it is that inflation is also represented in that new figure. The devalued dollar thanks to endless spending is also part of the reason that very few want to admit. Trump isnpartially responsiblenfor that too, but nowhere near as much as biden given his fiscal policies.
Bad energy policy? What specifically? Bad energy policy...because the US is producing more product than it ever has before...is that bad energy policy? Maybe it’s because Saudis and Arabs have cut their production migh be part of the reason....and there are others, too...

Bad energy policy? What specifically? Bad energy policy...because the US is producing more product than it ever has before...is that bad energy policy? Maybe it’s because Saudis and Arabs have cut their production migh be part of the reason....and there are others, too...
International relations with the Saudis are part of our energy policy. They do not want to work with Joe biden even.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
And why is that?
Why is the WTI at $80/ barrel?
Are you a child? jo's energy policy makes every facet of producing a barrel/gallon of gasoline expensive. That includes everything from exploration to transport of the finished product. The fact that our SPR sits at a 50 year high while we are on the brink of armed conflict also contributes. Demand is picking up as we head into summer driving season and we'll see $4/gal by Memorial Day. I know you're either really dumb or in complete denial--possibly both--but I'm not going to spoon feed you further on these SIMPLE facts!

International relations with the Saudis are part of our energy policy. They do not want to work with Joe biden even.
And you know this, how? Seems both nations have a lot of common interests as well as a few concerns. Honestly, I am comfortable not “working with” the Saudis. But, like bankers, they are necessary evils to be tolerated and accommodated to a point. I would or could never “trust them”...

And you know this, how? Seems both nations have a lot of common interests as well as a few concerns. Honestly, I am comfortable not “working with” the Saudis. But, like bankers, they are necessary evils to be tolerated and accommodated to a point. I would or could never “trust them”...
They'll openly tell you all this. Look at how they even interact with biden. They know you (and joe) feel the way you do btw. It's one of the reasons they don't like working with democrats in general.

Saudi Aramco was my biggest customer for years. We did hundreds of millions of dollars of business with them in that time. I've had more interaction with this sector and the region in general than most.

Gas was cheaper on Obama's last day in office vs Trump's last day. Gas also hit a lower price under Obama.
WTF? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT