ADVERTISEMENT

Gas prices are tanking!

They'll openly tell you all this. Look at how they even interact with biden. They know you (and joe) feel the way you do btw. It's one of the reasons they don't like working with democrats in general.

Saudi Aramco was my biggest customer for years. We did hundreds of millions of dollars of business with them in that time. I've had more interaction with this sector and the region in general than most.
So what are you saying here? Your daddy was a Saudi? I still don’t like the Saudis and I sure as hell would never trust them any further than I can throw them. But, we have to work with them..and they, us. The Saudis were about 100% responsible for 9/11...need I say more?

So what are you saying here? Your daddy was a Saudi? I still don’t like the Saudis and I sure as hell would never trust them any further than I can throw them. But, we have to work with them..and they, us. The Saudis were about 100% responsible for 9/11...need I say more?
100%? You really think?

Remember that Trump had the gas prices during COVID which were REALLY low.

I’m not team Trump at all. Just pointing that out.

Yeah looks like prices got down to to around $1.93 under Trump although they weren't there long. Most of the time prices were in the $2-$3 range under Trump. Prices got down to $1.87 under Obama.

Reactions: IANDFAN
Yeah looks like prices got down to to around $1.93 under Trump although they weren't there long. Most of the time prices were in the $2-$3 range under Trump. Prices got down to $1.87 under Obama.
Everybody was pumping oil back then too...we were buying “Russian oil” and the Saudis were watching prices buy oil was plentiful...
The fact of the matter is that Arabs/Saudis control the direction of oil prices...right now they (Saudis) are still on restriction of production to drive the price upwards..

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Yep…but that oruce2 difference was explained here a couple of weeks ago…”special blends” of fuel because of smog/pollution in The Valley is the official reason. South Phx area gas was $3.59 when we were there but lots of places in the north Valley gas was $3.39..
I know, I explained it.

That'd be nice. Pick one or the other and stick with it.

I wouldn't hold your breath though. Lol
It certainly seems to be the case when prices rise and Dems are in power……..It has much more to do with demand than anything….the supply is there when needed…or profits are easily available….…..and I believe it is fair that barring natural disasters or calamity, it has little to do with Washington politics…..

• Haha
$3.19 this morning.
Where do you live?
This AM I had a chance to do a lot of driving here in DSM…..from downtown, to Jester Park….passed a whole bunch of gas stations/convenience stores…..the one thing they all had in common that I saw was 10% ethanol blend gas was $2.99/gallon without a noted exception (including Grimes)…..its been that price since I returned from vacation a week a go. When I left (2/1/24) gas here was $2.55…..enroute thru Ks. And OK, very few oil derricks were “pumping”…….returning home at the end of Feb., with gas at $3/gallon or so…..most the rigs were pumping….

• Haha
both times the price of gas cratered was because of awful economic circumstances that had nothing to do with the presidents...the great recession for obama and covid for trump

looking at it the other way...remember when the price of gas exploded under bush? it got up to $4.11 (average) in 2008...that's $5.76 in 2024 dollars.

do people think gas was super high (higher than the peak under biden) in 2008 because GEORGE W BUSH didn't have energy friendly policies?

Reactions: Flie
both times the price of gas cratered was because of awful economic circumstances that had nothing to do with the presidents...the great recession for obama and covid for trump

looking at it the other way...remember when the price of gas exploded under bush? it got up to $4.11 (average) in 2008...that's $5.76 in 2024 dollars.

do people think gas was super high (higher than the peak under biden) in 2008 because GEORGE W BUSH didn't have energy friendly policies?
BUT that was different!

Yep I clearly remember paying over $4/gallon while Bush was president.

Where do you live?
This AM I had a chance to do a lot of driving here in DSM…..from downtown, to Jester Park….passed a whole bunch of gas stations/convenience stores…..the one thing they all had in common that I saw was 10% ethanol blend gas was $2.99/gallon without a noted exception (including Grimes)…..its been that price since I returned from vacation a week a go. When I left (2/1/24) gas here was $2.55…..enroute thru Ks. And OK, very few oil derricks were “pumping”…….returning home at the end of Feb., with gas at $3/gallon or so…..most the rigs were pumping….
Nebraska

Fun piece of historic journalism for you

You didn't prove me wrong, if that was your intention. Facts are challenging for you guys. Extend the graph back a bit to show the full range of gas prices under Bush while you are at it. In fact, here you go.

Note the price of gas under Reagan, then Clinton, then the steady rise under Bush up to the highest peak until it plunged when the Bush recession started.

Gas-Price-History.png

Reactions: HawkMD
at this rate, it may get as expensive as it was under george w bush, that famous enemy of the oil and gas industry!

because we all know, presidents definitely control the price of gas

at this rate, it may get as expensive as it was under george w bush, that famous enemy of the oil and gas industry!

because we all know, presidents definitely control the price of gas
Cost, hon, it’s about those pesky costs your jo hero has burdened the petroleum industry with in hope of forcing us all to drive electric go carts!

Cost, hon, it’s about those pesky costs your jo hero has burdened the petroleum industry with in hope of forcing us all to drive electric go carts!
ah yes the unspecified "costs"

nevermind that opec is on record saying they are cutting production with the goal of keeping prices high

it's those "costs" that no one can ever actually reference

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
look, it's obvious you aren't a serious person. so, i'm not writing this in repsonse to you. that's like expecting my dog to understand calculus. i'm writing this in the hope that someone with a little less brain rot than you reads it and might be able to think about things beyond simply posting an article

this is an article, written by oil/gas lobbyists, who's first 8 references are to things theoretically affecting domestic production. among those are something the biden admin were hoping to change and the endangered species act. if anyone thinks regulations not yet enacted - or the endangered species act - is really responsible for gas prices...well, frankly you're an idiot

the reality is that domestic production is at a literal all time high, and still prices remain high. so its clear that how much oil (and gas) the us produces domestically has little to no impact on the price of gas. certainly not more than an extended cut in production from opec (that's being done specifically to keep the prices high).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT