ADVERTISEMENT

George Kittle is the best. Was Mic'd up for NFC Championship Game

Game was lost in the 3rd Q when Kyle S went into his “I’m gonna do the opposite of what any other coach would do here” and pass 9 straight plays

He spoke before the game about rushing for 30+ attempts. CM had around 19-20 carries

This is the 3rd Super Bowl where his play calling has allowed the other team back into the flow of the game. Chiefs were out of sorts but SF going all Iowa with 4 straight 3 & outs….chiefs figured it out.

Dumb dumb dumb

IMO, special teams is what did SF in.

7 points: SF muffed a punt and KC, with a short field, quickly scored a TD

1 point: SF missed an extra point after scoring a TD

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Feel bad for Buffalo fans, but they will never beat the Chiefs in a playoff game with Mahomes and Andy Reid.

Baltimore blew it this year. Also doubt that Lamar will ever be good enough to defeat this version of the Chiefs.

Best chance would be Cincinnati with Joe Burrow (though they have poor ownership) and perhaps the Chargers if Jim Harbaugh can get it together as Herbert reaches his his prime years.

Lamar Jackson had a good regular season & won NFL MVP. Mahomes, obviously, could care less; he won another Super Bowl MVP.

The Chiefs just know how to win these close games. It's crazy how they keep winning playoff games and Super Bowls by 3 points.

Lamar Jackson had a good regular season & won NFL MVP. Mahomes, obviously, could care less; he won another Super Bowl MVP.

The Chiefs just know how to win these close games. It's crazy how they keep winning playoff games and Super Bowls by 3 points.
Most NFL games, especially good teams, are 1 score games. Purdy played well yesterday, especially for a guy in his 1st Super Bowl. Looked poised and never really flustered. The last 2 times he touched the ball he left his team w/the lead and all the defense had to do was make 1 stop. They couldn't. Purdy wasn't very good on 3rd down, and the decision to give the chiefs the ball last was one of the worst blunders of all time. Giving Mahomes 4 downs to win a game is just ridiculous.

I was blown away to learn that SF didn't understand the new OT rules. Goodness, not choosing to take the ball second was also grievous.

the decision to give the chiefs the ball last was one of the worst blunders of all time. Giving Mahomes 4 downs to win a game is just ridiculous.

Some of the 49'ers players didn't know the OT rules, but Shanahan did.

When it came to OT, Shanahan went with the analytics.

Don't shoot me, the messenger, but as you will read below, Shanahan thought if the score is tied after each team has the ball once in OT, then the game becomes sudden death (the 49'ers get the ball and if they score just a FG, they win the Super Bowl).

The 49'ers owner, GM, Shanahan, etc. will probably have a nice long conversation on this strategy.

The story from ESPN.com:

Prior to the game, Shanahan said he and his analytics staff discussed overtime possibilities and decided that with Patrick Mahomes on the other side, it would be best to take the ball first because that also would mean the Niners got the ball third in the event both teams matched points on their opening possessions and overtime progressed to sudden death.

Shanahan said he felt good about the game he and his staff coached.

"What I can't live with is when I do stuff that I didn't plan on doing or that I didn't do, and second-guess myself," Shanahan said. "I'm proud of what we did today as a coaching staff and as players in terms of we worked and we did everything we planned on doing. We just didn't get it done."

Reactions: LIV4GOD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT