ADVERTISEMENT

Ghost Stories

Saw an old man in a hospital gown at a closed hospice facility. Scared the hell out of me. I have trouble believing it was a ghost though, our minds can trick us and we just accept it.

Reactions: GOHOX69
What about you @GOHOX69? How are ghosts portrayed in Indian culture? Any differences?
Culturally, there's a rich history about them near charnel or cremation grounds. When my parents were getting married, they had a poltergeist issue in a bungalow they rented. Metal utensils were being chucked at night. They left Haha. The ones I've seen have been in the US. In Savannah Georgia and my old house where I used to hear footsteps. Once I caught a face in the mirror. Pretty messed up.

Reactions: NCHawk5
My fellow HROT posters, tonight, stare at yourself in a mirror for 10 minutes under dim lighting. Report back tomorrow. It’s called the troxler effect and is probably the basis of Bloody Mary. You have been warned.

I’ve had quite a few experiences throughout my life. But one stands alone.

I was at my cousins house after my grandpas funeral. Completely sober. I left everyone and went back to a room by myself. My grandpas death was hard as hell on me and I just wanted to be alone. While I was in the room, I heard a noise. All the sudden an old, very large school book that was on a table raised up off the table. Probably 12-16 inches, and then moved a couple feet over and went down. I walked over, grabbed it, and there was nothing attached to it. I mentioned it to my Aunt, and she essentially told me not to pay any attention to that stuff when it happens.

Totally get why people don’t believe in ghosts and what not. But I have yet for anyone to give me a logical explanation for how that can happen.

My mother ran a hospice house since hospice was hospice and said she was visited often. The one that sticks out was one night one of her patients was at the foot of her bed at like 4:30am and all the “ghost” said was “thank you” and faded away.

She went to work the next day and was told that the patient died at that time. She witnessed hundreds of deaths and people describing what they were seeing while dying from happiness to hell. She’s went deep and read every book ever written about it. She has some stories. If you say you’re not afraid of dying she said you will be. She said toughest people have had that attitude until the very end. Not once in her time working did she see a patient that wasn’t scared shitless at the end.

I no this sounds crazy and like BS, but my mother had a patient who was going to die and years earlier my mother took care of her mother. After her mother past she would call our house almost EVERY night for years for support. Drove my mother crazy. The lady’s name was Vivian. Now Vivian had passed from cancer with my mother by her side. Shortly after my mother went to psychic medium in Waverly, I know, I know, but right when they first started the medium asked if she knew a Vivian. My mother said not even in death could she get a break from this woman. Csb.

My mother ran a hospice house since hospice was hospice and said she was visited often. The one that sticks out was one night one of her patients was at the foot of her bed at like 4:30am and all the “ghost” said was “thank you” and faded away.

She went to work the next day and was told that the patient died at that time. She witnessed hundreds of deaths and people describing what they were seeing while dying from happiness to hell. She’s went deep and read every book ever written about it. She has some stories. If you say you’re not afraid of dying she said you will be. She said toughest people have had that attitude until the very end. Not once in her time working did she see a patient that wasn’t scared shitless at the end.

I no this sounds crazy and like BS, but my mother had a patient who was going to die and years earlier my mother took care of her mother. After her mother past she would call our house almost EVERY night for years for support. Drove my mother crazy. The lady’s name was Vivian. Now Vivian had passed from cancer with my mother by her side. Shortly after my mother went to psychic medium in Waverly, I know, I know, but right when they first started the medium asked if she knew a Vivian. My mother said not even in death could she get a break from this woman. Csb.
I don’t know how anyone could make a career of working Hospice. Bless your mothers heart, that has to be one of the most difficult jobs out there. I don’t think about death much, but I’m still fairly young. Best we can all hope for is to go in our sleep, just like the gambler.

I don’t know how anyone could make a career of working Hospice. Bless your mothers heart, that has to be one of the most difficult jobs out there. I don’t think about death much, but I’m still fairly young. Best we can all hope for is to go in our sleep, just like the gambler.

Agreed. They called her the angel of death. The psychology part of her job was amazing for the patients and the families. The kids dying were the hardest on her of course. Half the people in the city sadly probably know her. I always have people come up to me and tell me how amazing she is. I at times hoped I’d die first so she could guide me on.

I worked at a hospital and a a large extended care campus before and it was too much for me. I stopped reading the obituaries.

Reactions: GOHOX69 and Kakaw83
No, but I have both close friends and relatives who have experienced unexplainable things that were witnessed by multiple people.

A relative witnessed an event in her house just 3 weeks ago. Her husband was present and has witnessed other events but had his back turned for this one. It involved levitation of a kitchen food container and the majority of their events have happened in the kitchen. Other events have included sounds, shadows, objects moving, and pokes.

Last edited:
No, but I have both close friends and relatives who have experiences unexplainable things that were witnessed by multiple people.

A relative witnessed an event in her house just 3 weeks ago. Her husband was present and has witnessed other events but had his back turned for this one. It involved levitation of a kitchen food container and the majority of their events have happened in the kitchen. Other events have included sounds, shadows, objects moving, and pokes.
Like I said in my post, I totally understand the folks that don’t believe in the paranormal. But once you experience something crazy/unexplainable, it opens your mind.

I used to work in a hospital basement in the storeroom. Back in time, the basement used to be a morgue.

There were occasions when I would be in the storeroom that I would just feel like there was something behind me. Out of the corner of my eyes, I would see a black floating mist...but that could easily be my eyes playing tricks on me.

There was one night, me and my coworker were sitting in the office across the hall. The storeroom door was open. She turned her chair around and let out a yell. She said she turned around and saw a figure walking up and down one of the aisles and then into the wall. Some of the first shifters also said they would see figures.

cab

Last edited:
I haven't personally but apparently I live with one. My wife's best friend has had several experiences and she came to our house the first time and said there was an old man in our bedroom. Our niece comes over and she won't go in our bedroom because there is an old man in there. They both described him exactly the same. My wife and I have had zero experiences with him

I haven't personally but apparently I live with one. My wife's best friend has had several experiences and she came to our house the first time and said there was an old man in our bedroom. Our niece comes over and she won't go in our bedroom because there is an old man in there. They both described him exactly the same. My wife and I have had zero experiences with him
I always enjoy hearing stories like this. Because I mean, what are the odds of your wife’s best friend and your niece coming to an agreement on a fictional character in your house? I’m guessing not great.

I always enjoy hearing stories like this. Because I mean, what are the odds of your wife’s best friend and your niece coming to an agreement on a fictional character in your house? I’m guessing not great.

That's why while I personally haven't had a paranormal experience I definitely believe they are possible and likely real. This and several other rational people I know who have seen things makes me believe it is real.

That's why while I personally haven't had a paranormal experience I definitely believe they are possible and likely real. This and several other rational people I know who have seen things makes me believe it is real.
Just like my story. When I told my aunt about it, she was well aware. Just didn’t wanna talk about it. The paranormal is a real thing, but I feel like it also depends on the people around.

Reactions: GOHOX69 and nelly02
About 15 years ago I was driving with a friend around midnight in a rinky-dink town called Kranzburg SD. I was driving behind what sort of looked like an Amish-style carriage and followed it for about a half mile or so. As I passed it, the wagon vanished. Biggest “WTF” moment ever.

I believe in ghosts but only in Edinburgh and Bonnyrigg Scotland as I was creeped the eff out. Logically I don’t believe in ghosts and still don’t but let me tell you the true facts of my stay in those two cities.

Ghost Story 1: In Edinburgh, my wife and I took a walking ghost tour and it was excellent. In the middle of the tour after we as a group at night walked over a hill that is filled with skeletons everywhere in unmarked graves and where after heavy rains they pop up as it’s an area Edinburgh used for centuries to dump bodies of criminals and the poor. The tour guide showed us some recently exposed human bones that she knew had not been reburied yet and essentially said “Congrats you walked over hundreds of bodies but there’s no other way to get here even the road is paved over skeletons.”

And then she took us to the spot where for centuries all Edinburgh criminals were executed and in early years tortured and quartered alive. She said all of the centuries worth of rapists and murderers were buried on this hill and in separated pieces. The reason that they were chopped up and buried in separate spots is that the Scots believed that without an intact body your ghost could not either ascend to heaven or hell and the executioners and judges did not want spirits seeking revenge against them in hell or telling heaven that they were wrongfully executed if that’s the case. So the Scots believed that the souls would be forced to wander the area forever trying to piece their body back together but unable to do it as they did not have physical form. And they buried these body parts within sight of the execution spot so they would be emotionally tortured for their crimes by seeing the spot of their death every day for centuries and unable to ascend or descend.

Creepy enough story by itself. But then she said there was a 100% chance we would photograph spirit orbs. She turned off all of our flashlights lights and then checked with everyone to make sure their camera and phone flashes were off. Then we all as a group took pictures with cameras and phones under the full moon. Lo and behold, everyone in the group regardless of camera or phone type had spirit orbs in their photos. And not just one or two...not just a dozen but hundreds all of different sizes and colors all over the hillside most with perfectly circular orbs and some with hints of human form.

Now it’s important to point out that in 99% of orb photos there’s some type of natural explanation. Usually it’s multiple cameras taking flashes at the same time, flashes ricocheting off of bugs, flashes bouncing off of rain or rising mist in the air, flashes bouncing off of dust etc... But none of those explanations applied. There was zero moisture in the air as it had rained in a heavy downpour three days ago but there was no humidity remaining; it was quite cold (probably in the 30s) so no bugs were out and no mist rising into hot air; No dust in the air though as the rain had knocked it down AND probably most importantly there were no flashes.

Picture something like this but over a whole hillside.

e258c82517492fafe32e1dc609fda31a-orbs-in-photos-evil-spirits.jpg

Second Ghost Story: Two days later, my wife and I are staying in Dalhousie Castle in nearby Bonnyrigg Scotland. It’s an old Scottish castle that’s been completely renovated into a large B&B style resort where not only do you have real servants taking care of your food and drink plus any requests but you get amazing full breakfasts in a an all glassed in greenhouse add on to the castle plus Michelin star quality dinners served in what was the dungeon and armour and a quaint little full bar hidden behind a bookshelf door in the library. You also can do hunting, fishing, golf, tennis and classes in archery and falconry during the day (we did some fishing and falconry classes plus a horseback falconry Hunt after we were sufficiently trained.

But during the first day of our stay we’re just roaming the castle halls taking pictures waiting on our first falconry class and we come across a throne. There’s no sign saying “don’t sit on the throne” or anything if it’s ilk, so I sit down on it while my wife takes pictures with the digital camera and my iPhone. After my wife takes a couple of pics I can tell she has this concerned look on her face. I ask her what’s wrong and she just says “get off the throne we’re leaving”.

So after we leave the hall and go up the flight of stairs I ask her what’s wrong. And she shows me the four pictures she had taken two on each piece of tech. And they all show the exact same thing, me sitting on the throne....and a large glowing, “slimer”/nuclear green orb behind my back. It wasn’t a weird reflection because we couldn’t replicate it on either camera or phone and rather than being in front of me, it’s clear that my body is blocking part of the orb.

My pics look similar to this but the orb is smaller maybe three feet max and more of a brighter glowing green.

81-pZt3xkTL._SX342_.jpg

Third Ghost Story: Later that night at Dalhousie Castle after a truly wonderous day playing with raptor birds, hunting with them and having one of the best meals of my life, my wife and I go back to our room to sleep. We’re staying in the third floor tower bedroom which is an enormous bedroom in a tower. In fact this is thin side of Dalhousie Castle and you can see our round “tower” portion on the left with the entire third floor ours to do what we felt like.

Dalhousie_Castle_350.jpg

From this angle you can see the glassed in dining hall used for breakfast and lunch in the lower left

9fd44397-e4d4-4372-83fb-029a4eebe4ef.jpeg

Here’s the exterior of our round “tower” again for size comparison

maxresdefault.jpg

here’s the library

images

And here’s the secret bar

the-secret-bar-in-the.jpg

So anyways here’s part of the bedroom in the tower which doesn’t show the enormous bathroom and large sitting area both of which are as large as the sleeping room itself.

90451_13103019480017261791.jpg

So as I’m sleeping in that four poster king size bed I start to wake up and I am having trouble breathing and I just feel like I’m being watched. I’m still in that transition period between fully asleep and fully awake but I don’t have my eyes open. I just “feel” an angry presence and I’m struggling to breath like a weight is on my lungs. I partially open my eyes still groggy and half asleep and I “see” what looks like an angry floating middle aged woman dressed in a flowing old white night dress. Picture something like this

add48810-97fe-4d77-a1ab-a48e1b469126.jpeg

That image whether real or in my halfasleep mind immediately jolts me fully awake. I can not go back to sleep the rest of the night even though this was around 4:30 or so.

Fortunately the rest of the day went well and when we went to bed on the second and last night I took a megadose of otc knockout drugs and slept through the night.

So do I believe in ghosts...no. Have I seen some freaky unexplained %*%*, yes.

Like I said in my post, I totally understand the folks that don’t believe in the paranormal. But once you experience something crazy/unexplainable, it opens your mind.

I compartmentalize it. I saw some weird stuff. But I refuse to accept it.

I’ve had quite a few experiences throughout my life. But one stands alone.

I was at my cousins house after my grandpas funeral. Completely sober. I left everyone and went back to a room by myself. My grandpas death was hard as hell on me and I just wanted to be alone. While I was in the room, I heard a noise. All the sudden an old, very large school book that was on a table raised up off the table. Probably 12-16 inches, and then moved a couple feet over and went down. I walked over, grabbed it, and there was nothing attached to it. I mentioned it to my Aunt, and she essentially told me not to pay any attention to that stuff when it happens.

Totally get why people don’t believe in ghosts and what not. But I have yet for anyone to give me a logical explanation for how that can happen.
lol, many moons ago when I was in HS I was in the darkroom developing some film. Buddy was in there with me hanging out. Suddenly the small radio we weren’t supposed to have on campus turned on at max volume. I asked him to turn it off. He did, then asked WTF, I said no big deal, stuff like that happens from time to time. He never went back in there again. I’d just talk to it “cut it out, you’re freaking me out” and usually it would stop.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

Pretty sure @joesplace can give you logical & scientific reason for the book moving due to climate change and you not being woke enough. He will provide charts & graphs.

So in the absence of an explanation, is the default answer “ghosts?”

I’ve never experienced anything personally but have heard stories from friends and associates over the years. One of my best friends lived in a mobile home for a number of years that his fiancée owned in Tiffin and they had several strange experiences while living there but nothing visual. Their cats never went into the third bedroom that they used for mostly storage. I helped them move out when they bought their house in Iowa City and after I had gone home they made one last trip to the mobile home to grab a few odds and ends, lock up and drop the keys off with the park owner. My buddy was about to close the front door to leave when he heard from inside one of the doors slam shut loudly. He didn’t bother to investigate, pulling the front door quickly locking it and GTFO. I absolutely believe him because he’s not the type to embellish or exaggerate or prone to believing in the paranormal. I’m open to the idea that many things people experience like this are beyond scientific explanation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT