ADVERTISEMENT

Go Woke, Go Broke: THE UPDATE

"Sales of Bud Light are way down after a controversial ad campaign and could send shockwaves up and down the beer company’s supply line.

A recent report from Beer Business Daily showed the brand owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev experienced significant drops in sales volume in some markets over the Easter weekend, implying a negative customer response to Bud Light’s new marketing campaign featuring transgender activist and social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bud-light-backlash-could-hit-154101199.html

Hard to say there have been no negative effects. Something is happening. Who knows how much this will effect InBev long term.

Aren't you the dude that admitted to drinking 15 beers on a weeknight? Was it Bud Light?

I've drank 15 on a weeknight before, you hit the number. Not a regular thing though.. Last time was the MBB championship game on a Monday.

It seems like if I drink more than 2 beers, I'm a bloated mess. That's impressive.

What's the timeframe? Like 5-11? Do you eat? Had a buddy who would never eat once he started drinking. Beer after food isn't great. It's like a bloody mary after breakfast/brunch/lunch. The bloody is really the appetizer to the entree.

Breakfast, lunch, after work hit the gym, beer for dinner. I don't normally eat in the evening. Timeframe would be 7-midnight. Don't stay up past 12 on weeknights. So 3 beers an hour over 5 hours. It's not that much if you think about it, a beer every 20 minutes or so.

I've drank 15 on a weeknight before, you hit the number. Not a regular thing though.. Last time was the MBB championship game on a Monday.
Miller Lite was my brand from the Notre Dame West Virginia game I attended in 2001 (ML is all they sell in ND’s campus) until 2016 when I drank…. I don’t know, let’s call it 15…. Coors Lites at a Colorado Rockies game in 2016 and woke up the next morning not hungover in the least and attended my buddy’s wedding.

• Haha
Reactions: Ehhhdolph
Miller Lite was my brand from the Notre Dame West Virginia game I attended in 2001 (ML is all they sell in ND’s campus) until 2016 when I drank…. I don’t know, let’s call it 15…. Coors Lites at a Colorado Rockies game in 2016 and woke up the next morning not hungover in the least and attended my buddy’s wedding.
Coors Light used to be my beer years ago. I can barely drink one now. Just don't like it. No idea why. Love Coors Banquet beer.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Fred Miller was the bag man for ND football for years.

See, this here is a post to be appreciated. All you poors worry about wokeness and OP and myself can sit back and drink bourbon and laugh our asses off at you.

Enjoy your piss water.

While I agree with your sentiment, I will one up your snobbery and declare it blasphemous to use bourbon in a Manhattan - which should be made with Rye.

Jesus, how do people listen to that tripe?
I had to Google Benny Johnson. In a nutshell he’s a disgraced journalist caught for plagiarizing his articles multiple times. Now the chief creative officer for Turning Point USA. Native Cedar Rapidian and 2009 Iowa graduate (embarrassing!).

Benny, you sure make a lot of demands to a multinational corporation for a guy that nobody’s heard of or cares about. You’re working for Turning Point USA dude, you’re a straight up loser.

Anheuser-Busch Stock Charges to New Highs. Here's the Trade.​

Anheuser-Busch stock recently hit new 52-week highs despite controversy surrounding its Bud Light brand.
With all the controversy surrounding Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) - Get Free Report, the parent of Bud Light, you wouldn’t know it by looking at the stock price.

Through April 7 Anheuser-Busch shares had fallen in four straight sessions -- but by a grand total of 0.63%.

The stock ticked down on Monday as well, lower by 3% at last glance. But the slip came after a 10-day win streak, which vaulted Anheuser-Busch stock to 52-week highs.

The brewer on March 2 reported solid earnings, rallied initially, then struggled for upside traction. But more impressive has been the recent rally, which came amid controversy about the company’s latest LGBTQ initiatives.
All this said, Anheuser-Busch stock continues to outperform the shares of its peers, like Molson Coors (TAP) - Get Free Report and Boston Beer (SAM)
A completely different take. Of course, it’s FN.

I had to Google Benny Johnson. In a nutshell he’s a disgraced journalist caught for plagiarizing his articles multiple times. Now the chief creative officer for Turning Point USA. Native Cedar Rapidian and 2009 Iowa graduate (embarrassing!).

Benny, you sure make a lot of demands to a multinational corporation for a guy that nobody’s heard of or cares about. You’re working for Turning Point USA dude, you’re a straight up loser.
I couldn’t get past about 15 seconds…

• Love
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
A completely different take. Of course, it’s FN.

Even for FOX that is terrible journalism. According to the article, sales are down in specific markets, but it doesn’t say how much. It just says unnamed distributors are “worried.”

Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
Even for FOX that is terrible journalism. According to the article, sales are down in specific markets, but it doesn’t say how much. It just says unnamed distributors are “worried.”
This type of journalism was the gold standard four years ago.

Reactions: Ehhhdolph
Ehh, I've read other articles in the business rags saying the same thing. Some of them specifically mentioned Ball which does 13% of their business with AB. Their orders are off sharply since this all hit and their is concern there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT