ADVERTISEMENT

Go Woke, Go Broke: THE UPDATE

I think it is all stupid.

I also spend way to much time in bars....and almost all the Bud Light drinkers are drinking something else.

Don't get it...but it is real.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Ehh, I've read other articles in the business rags saying the same thing. Some of them specifically mentioned Ball which does 13% of their business with AB. Their orders are off sharply since this all hit and their is concern there.

Off “sharply.” Lol.

And I could only find references to a single article, sitting behind a $900 paywall, and a group of nut job sites referencing that single article. Let’s see actual numbers.

I'm getting huge Kevin Spacey (his character House of Cards and him in real life) vibes from that. What a hose on that guy.

hocs2e6-3.gif

Reactions: Ree4 and noleclone2
  • Haha
I think it's hard to argue that sales won't be impacted short term. Many people are angry.

But like most things for Americans with short attention spans... they'll forget about it in a month.

Bottom line.... Social Media is the worst. It results in "celebrating" a dbag like Dylan. Also results in idiots blowing up their beer.

Many on her think Musk is going to end up ruining Twitter.... I hope he succeeds in destroying it, then moves on and destroys tik-tok, Instagram, Facebook, etc.

End of rant

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
I had to Google Benny Johnson. In a nutshell he’s a disgraced journalist caught for plagiarizing his articles multiple times. Now the chief creative officer for Turning Point USA. Native Cedar Rapidian and 2009 Iowa graduate (embarrassing!).

Benny, you sure make a lot of demands to a multinational corporation for a guy that nobody’s heard of or cares about. You’re working for Turning Point USA dude, you’re a straight up loser.
Wow. Doubly embarrassing for me. But he’s a CR Prairie grad. Says a lot.

Whelp, the restaurant I go to sometimes didn't have Michelob Ultra on tap last night, which is my usual go to when I'm having several. She must have seen me make an annoyed face when she said they didn't have it, they had Miller High Life instead.

She said it was off the tap now "you know, cause of the controversy." So this thing hasn't totally blown over yet.

It's a pretty upscale place that doesn't go for a redneck vibe at all. But again, if 2% of of your customers are dumbasses and are going to give your bar girls shit about it, it's not worth it....for Budweiser products.

Annoying for me not to get my Ultra, it's pretty stupid that its a thing, and also stupid that Budweiser tried it. It's so laughable that Budweiser thought that they had the brand equity that anyone is going to get up and go some place else, it just ain't that good to expect a restaurant to take a stand over.

Whelp, the restaurant I go to sometimes didn't have Michelob Ultra on tap last night, which is my usual go to when I'm having several. She must have seen me make an annoyed face when she said they didn't have it, they had Miller High Life instead.

She said it was off the tap now "you know, cause of the controversy." So this thing hasn't totally blown over yet.

It's a pretty upscale place that doesn't go for a redneck vibe at all. But again, if 2% of of your customers are dumbasses and are going to give your bar girls shit about it, it's not worth it....for Budweiser products.

Annoying for me not to get my Ultra, it's pretty stupid that its a thing, and also stupid that Budweiser tried it. It's so laughable that Budweiser thought that they had the brand equity that anyone is going to get up and go some place else, it just ain't that good to expect a restaurant to take a stand over.
It's a shame this establishment is kowtowing to the latest grievance of the dumbest humans on the planet.

Skunk LOL. It will be forgotten in a week.

I call B.S. - Homophobic cowboy dude was ready to toss out the Bud Light, so is now making a claim to fit his agenda. If his Bud Light sales truly declined it's probably because he ridiculed anyone for ordering it, or just outright refused to serve it.

People making a big deal out of this is some funny-ass sh*t, that's for sure. Thanks for the entertainment.

You do realize that Coors, Miller, Yuengling, Sam Adams and Heineken have all had advertising campaigns aimed at the LGBTQ community, right? The only difference this time is Kid Rock made a big deal out of Bud's ad and all of the sheep followed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT