ADVERTISEMENT

GOP's anti-abortion crisis

You are simply deflecting and changing the subject.

Everyone has an opinion.

I may be deflecting, but that’s because your world view is f’d. I believe in compassion for a living human first and foremost, vs a clump of cells.

The mother’s well-being is always first in my book - whatever that means. And it simply isn’t your - or anyone else’s - call.

I may be deflecting, but that’s because your world view is f’d. I believe in compassion for a living human first and foremost, vs a clump of cells.

The mother’s well-being is always first in my book - whatever that means. And it simply isn’t your - or anyone else’s - call.

I think I'm more compassionate than your view that it's morally acceptable to kill millions of fetuses a year mostly for reasons of convenience...

Not at all. Many, if not most, of the children will be forced into the already overworked foster system. Others will be born to mothers of minimal means. Yet your party actively works to gut the programs these children will need.

Your ilk talks a big game of moral superiority, but you don't actually care about these children.
My nephew and his wife adopted a son that came from a prostitute mother and a Somali father. They tried to sell him to them before the government stepped in. The mother is now dead of an overdose. He’s only 3 and already has behavioral problems because of her drug use.

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
Abortion is killing. That's just a fact.

I can see nuance, though.

Abortion at 5 weeks is less bad than abortion at 20 weeks, for example.

Considering it’s very much up for debate where/when/how a fetus becomes a life that can then be killed, it’s absolutely not a fact.

Saying a fetus at week 5 is alive when it’s in no way shape or form capable of life outside the womb is simply not an argument I’ll ever concede on.

Different circumstances later on of course when that fetus is viable. And statistically, by that point we already know that abortions after that occurs is nearly always due to a medical situation.

Considering it’s very much up for debate where/when/how a fetus becomes a life that can then be killed, it’s absolutely not a fact.

Saying a fetus at week 5 is alive when it’s in no way shape or form capable of life outside the womb is simply not an argument I’ll ever concede on.

Different circumstances later on of course when that fetus is viable. And statistically, by that point we already know that abortions after that occurs is nearly always due to a medical situation.

Life begins at conception.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Life begins at conception.

There is a very wide gap between saying life begins and actually being alive.

Reactions: goldmom
The abortion scenario you gave was different because the pregnant woman was already dying.
Dying because of what reason? There was a cure correct? Edit: If there was a way to help the patient and it wasn't considered wouldn't that be neglect and, therefore, killing?

IIRC you were posting about a woman that would die without an abortion.
What if the woman didn't want to die. I only responded to your assumption that not helping a woman that needed an abortion to save her life couldn't be termed killing.

What if the woman didn't want to die. I only responded to your assumption that not helping a woman that needed an abortion to save her life couldn't be termed killing.

Good question.

If she wants to live, it's alot more complex.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Americans have consistently favored the Roe v. Wade framework by a wide margin for 50 consecutive years.

Every year, the same debate. Every year, 62-67% register preference for pro-choice policies consistent with Roe. Year after year. Decade after decade.

It. Is. Settled.

Roe V. Wade is no longer law...that's the settled part.

Sometimes you have to do what is right no matter the political consequences.
Yep, agree 100% This is a decision that does NOT need a state legislature to get involved one iota. This is a decision for a wom an and her doctor to make. Get the politics out of “reproductive rights”……It ain’t your business, DooBi.

Roe V. Wade is no longer law...that's the settled part.
that's odd...during their confirmation hearings each of Trump's nominees all said Roe WAS settled law. It's almost like they weren't being honest...

And of course, no Republicans are pushing to outright ban abortion, or as close to that as they can possibly come.

I think you know whether you’re MAGA or not! Lol.
I was being a smart ass. I know I'm not a member of that crowd. Yet there are those on this board that label you that if you don't fall in line with their liberal thinking. That's why I said what I said.

i would say the people that say they aren’t MAGA get labelled so because they defend MAGA and their positions while blaming anything and everything on the democrats
I've never been called MAGA buy anyone but the Dems, that's just the facts.

The thing is, too, the pro lifers will NEVER EVER STOP on this issue. Most Republican politicians I would guess really don't care that much - just following a strategy to cater to these people. This is always going to be a thing, because again, the people who believe it's murdering babies to the core, will never let this issue go.
If they believe it’s murdering babies I wouldn’t expect them to…

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT