ADVERTISEMENT

Gregg Popovich and Steve Kerr

Milton Friedman disciple

HR All-State
Gold Member
Jun 15, 2019
They need to be replaced. It is a damn embarrassment that the United States men basketball team has lost two games in the FIBA World Cup. These two would rather be woke social justice warriors than basketball coaches. The United States still had the most talented roster even without the top players. The 2020 men’s Olympic basketball coaches should be Nick Nurre, Doc Rivers, Tony Bennett and Jay Wright.

Reactions: SIXERS24
Popovich is arguably the greatest basketball coach of all time. You started this thread solely because Kerr and Pop hate Trump.
The greatest basketball coach of all time is Phil Jackson. Kerr rode the coattails of Curry and Durant. Popovich rode the coattails of Duncan, Leonard and Robinson.

Mitchell, Brown, Smart, Walker, and some terrible post player is not that much more talented than France's roster, if at all. Plus, the USA roster was deeply flawed as Lopez, Turner, and freaking Plumlee were their only post players. Everyone knew good players with size would give them fits and that just what Gobert did.

Popovich is arguably the greatest basketball coach of all time. You started this thread solely because Kerr and Pop hate Trump.

giphy.gif

Reactions: pink shizzle
Mitchell, Brown, Smart, Walker, and some terrible post player is not that much more talented than France's roster, if at all. Plus, the USA roster was deeply flawed as Lopez, Turner, and freaking Plumlee were their only post players. Everyone knew good players with size would give them fits and that just what Gobert did.
All OP has proven in this thread is that he knows even less about basketball than he does politics.

They need to be replaced. It is a damn embarrassment that the United States men basketball team has lost two games in the FIBA World Cup. These two would rather be woke social justice warriors than basketball coaches. The United States still had the most talented roster even without the top players. The 2020 men’s Olympic basketball coaches should be Nick Nurre, Doc Rivers, Tony Bennett and Jay Wright.
Guess I'm wayyyy out of touch ... Don't even know what this is and didn't know we were playing in it ... If it's not their best players versus our best players ... then it doesn't really matter ...

Waaaaa waaaaa waaaa look at me guys, I am a twat lips, look at me those guys hate my cult leader, look at me I am a pedophile worthless bitch, look at me. You deserve every name call that you get Milton, Shut the **** up pedophile.

I don't even know who half of these players are on Team USA, this is the C list team. People only care about the Olympics, not FIBA tournaments.

Popovich made strange substitutions throughout the tourney. Against Turkey he took Turner out with 20 seconds left & Turkey ended up getting an O rebound, forcing OT. Just like when he took Duncan out in the 2013 finals, Bosh got the rebound, Allen hit the three.

Didn't help that USA had a lot of injuries. Also didn't expect Ntilkina to hit the two biggest shots of his life while shutting down Walker on the other end of the floor. And of course Gobert is god.

I love it. Let them continues to lose until they learn how to play as a team.
Better basketball over seas anyway.

OP is the kind of guy who thinks that Lil Lickliter was a great basketball player.

Kerr played for Lute at Arizona.

Kerr was born in Beirut, Lebanon to Malcolm H. Kerr, an American academic who specialized in the Middle East, and his wife, Ann (Zwicker).[2] He has three siblings.[3] His grandfather, Stanley Kerr, volunteered with the Near East Relief after the Armenian Genocide and rescued women and orphans in Aleppo and Marash before eventually settling in Beirut.[4] Kerr spent much of his childhood in Lebanon and other Middle Eastern countries. He attended Cairo American College in Egypt, the American Community School in Beirut, Lebanon, and Palisades High School (now Palisades Charter High School) in Los Angeles.

Malcolm Kerr was killed by members of the Shia Lebanese militia called Islamic Jihad on the morning of January 18, 1984 at the age of 52 while he was serving as president of the American University of Beirut.[5][6][7][8] He was shot twice in the back of his head, by gunmen using suppressed handguns, in the hallway outside his office.[3][6][7][8] Kerr was 18 years old at the time, and a college freshman;[5] regarding his father's death, he has said: "Before my father was killed, my life was impenetrable. Bad things happened to other people."[2] The Kerr family sued the Iranian government under the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996.[9] While warming up with the Arizona Wildcats for a game at arch-rival Arizona State in 1988, Kerr had to deal with many ASU Sun Devil fans in the crowd chanting "PLO" and "your father's history."[10][11] Though tearful, Kerr led the Wildcats to victory, scoring 20 points in the first half, making all six of his three-point attempts.[11] The athletic director of Arizona State, Charles Harris, sent a letter of apology to Kerr a few days later.[12]

K

Reactions: ping72
Red Auerbach had players like Bill Russell, Bob Cousy
in Boston

Phil Jackson had players like Michael Jordan, Scotty
Pippen in Chicago

The point is that great teams have great players and in
the NBA, the coach is along for the ride.

Reactions: Fan In Black
My point is that in College, the basketball coach can
make a big difference due to his recruiting ability,
and the ability to motivate the players. Of course he
needs to teach the players how to play offense and
defense for a winning team.

In the NBA, these players are now paid professionals
who make more money than their coach. An NBA
coach has become a babysitter so his players do not
get in trouble off the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts