ADVERTISEMENT

Harding

Yeah, getting high level tournament experience is overrated :rolleyes:
Brock has probably played in a thousand games in his life. I'd like him to get more minutes too if it helps them win, but if he had gotten 20 minutes instead of 3 against KSU he'd still be the same guy.

Reactions: ROHawk 44
Brock has probably played in a thousand games in his life. I'd like him to get more minutes too if it helps them win, but if he had gotten 20 minutes instead of 3 against KSU he'd still be the same guy.
Interesting thought process.

Fran should hand the keys of the offense over to Harding if it’s possible Harding is the #1 guy next season.

The only thing Iowa is playing for right now is experience. 3 minutes is not accomplishing that.

Tyler Perry is/was KSU's best player and the key to their offense. The only player Iowa has that can remotely check a guy like that is Perk. Perry played 35 minutes so Perk had to play atleast that many to balance that. Fran can't really play Perk and Harding at the same time because that means either Sandfort or Dix sits and when that happens we lose size and shooting. Harding didn't play a lot only due to the matchup. I think he gets a few more minutes at Utah because they are not PG dominant and so Fran has a little more wiggle room. Plus, it is going to be asking a lot of Perk to play 35+ minutes on the road at that elevation.

For next year, Harding just needs to work on his shot. Him and Freeman could cause the B1G a lot of problems in pick-and-roll situations if Harding could shoot in the high 30's. I know that is not Fran's offense, however, it could be a wrinkle that could be used sparingly and effectively.
No, if perkins and harding played together, patrick's time would have to be cut. you can play dix and sanfort 4 and 5. He chooses his son's minutes over all other things.
I love how defense is an issue if harding is playing but for other individuals it's just fine. Fran panics when he sees someone stick their butt into harding and start backing them down. Rather than adjusting defensively, he benches his best passer/play maker.

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks10
Didn't KSU make a run when he was in too, likely as a result of those turnovers? If he didn't have it that night, I'm ok with him not getting as much playing time. Especially if others are playing much better. If Harding wants to get more minutes, don't enter the game and immediately give up two turnovers, especially if you are one of the ball handlers.
he played a bit over 2 minutes had 1 turnover. Not turnovers. There were many runs in the game and I'm guessing 2 minutes is a bit small of a sample size to tell. Because it certainly doesn't work in reverse.

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks10
There's also another place Fran could go to get help to bolster Iowa's guard play, the Junior college ranks. The portal isn't the end all.
If Fran can get a guard that will help Iowa get to the sweet 16, I'm in, but NIL will be a problem. As good as I know Brock is and will be, he can't play every minute, Proclaiming Brock and Riley will start next year, was a little premature on my part, instead both will play at least extended minutes next year.
Iowa will contend for the Big title and play in next years NCAA tournament and be a low seed. I love Iowa's returning players and losing Bowen is just a hiccup that can be overcome.
Nimmers perhaps?

• Love
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Can anyone give me a reason why Harding only got 3 minutes last? I thought in the Illinois game he was sensational. 13 minutes, 6 points, 6 assists. Really provided energy when Fran sat Perkins. I just don’t understand his limited minutes last night, especially the way Dix was struggling.
Perkins played 38 minutes. Harding is too small to play anything but the one, so there weren't any minutes to be had.

Interesting thought process.

Fran should hand the keys of the offense over to Harding if it’s possible Harding is the #1 guy next season.

The only thing Iowa is playing for right now is experience. 3 minutes is not accomplishing that.
Yeah, I have a tendency to be the devil's advocate at times.

I hope they are also playing for W's. More games means more minutes for everyone.

I really wanted to beat KSU, although I'm not sure why I cared that much. If Fran thought Harding was a defensive liability and didn't play him much, I guess I'm ok with that.

I do hope he plays more against Utah.

Didn't KSU make a run when he was in too, likely as a result of those turnovers? If he didn't have it that night, I'm ok with him not getting as much playing time. Especially if others are playing much better. If Harding wants to get more minutes, don't enter the game and immediately give up two turnovers, especially if you are one of the ball handlers.
as mentioned, 2 assist and 1 TO. There weren't multiple turnovers.

Krikke led the team with 4 TOs.

Reactions: BioHawk
I hope he ends up being as good as everyone thinks he will be. Don't think he will but I really hope.

Perkins doesn’t have to play at the 1.

In fact I'm pretty sure Harding played his time in that game with Perkins on the floor.

Harding should be getting minutes instead of Patrick.

Harding and Perkins did play together, with Patrick on the floor too. Weird how that was accomplished.

Harding and Pry Sandfort subbed in for Dix and Perkins. So the five were: Dembele, Payton, Pryce, Patrick, Harding.

Shortly after, Perkins came back in for Payton. (Dembele, Pryce, Patrick, Perkins, Harding).

Harding played 3:28. They were up 8 when he entered. Iowa was up 6 (Dembele missed the first of two FTs) when he exited. Dembele made the 2nd FT. So really Iowa was -1 after Harding played.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
As far as Nimmers is concerned if you watched the 10 and a half minute video that was put on this site on Mar 20th, Fran was right there on the sidelines during 85% of the video. Who was running the camera and did the editing?
I'm sure Amarion didn't have an outside agency do it, so it had to be one of the Iowa managerial staff, don't you think and was the video done with permission or without, that's another question that would be nice to know and does Iowa make a highlight video of every player on the roster? Like to see if they made one for Desonte Bowen so it could be compared with Nimmers video.
Now I can't find it, but I thought there was an official Iowa picture of Nimmers saying something like the journey is just beginning! Can't verify it though.
Whether he comes back to Iowa with a season's worth of playing time that he wasn't going to get at Iowa, who knows, maybe he'll stay another year at Indian Hills....

Last edited:
As far as Nimmers is concerned if you watched the 10 and a half video that was put on this site on Mar 20th, Fran was right there on the sidelines during 85% of the video. Who was running the camera and did the editing?
I'm sure Amarion didn't have an outside agency do it, so it had to be one of the Iowa managerial staff, don't you think and was the video done with permission or without, that's another question that would be nice to know and does Iowa make a highlight video of every player on the roster? Like to see if they made one for Desonte Bowen so it could be compared with Nimmers video.
Now I can't find it, but I thought there was an official Iowa picture of Nimmers saying something like the journey is just beginning! Can't verify it though.
Whether he comes back to Iowa with a season's worth of playing time that he wasn't going to get at Iowa, who knows, maybe he'll stay another year at Indian Hills....

You’ve no doubt seen him on the Iowa sideline during games. Lucas Pauley, Iowa’s Video Coordinator.

https://hawkeyesports.com/coach/lucas-pauley/
https://hawkeyesports.com/coach/lucas-pauley/

Reactions: LukaDuka
As far as Nimmers is concerned if you watched the 10 and a half video that was put on this site on Mar 20th, Fran was right there on the sidelines during 85% of the video. Who was running the camera and did the editing?
If he wants to come back to Iowa, & if IF Iowa wants him back, he knows it is him and Brock battling for the pg playing time. I think most here would like to see that competition.

Didn't they play against each other in HS at some point? Or AAU ball?

If he wants to come back to Iowa, & if IF Iowa wants him back, he knows it is him and Brock battling for the pg playing time. I think most here would like to see that competition.

Didn't they play against each other in HS at some point? Or AAU ball?
Yea, they played against each other for 3 years. I'm not sure Nimmers played point guard, he's more of a combo guard, but I suppose he could handle it.
We're posting like he's coming back to Iowa but it's all just hypothetical. It may be farther from the truth then I think, then again it does make sense for a coach that may or may not have the money to bring an athletic player to Iowa that has already practiced with the players on Iowa's roster and Fran has obviously seen him play many times

Last edited:
Reactions: LukaDuka
I mean where else is Patrick going to transfer and play? He wouldn’t start or even play at MVC schools like Drake or Indiana State. He’d have to go low division one to even get minutes.
Patrick won’t be back at Iowa next year. He’s not going to play hoops another year.

Perkins doesn’t have to play at the 1.

In fact I'm pretty sure Harding played his time in that game with Perkins on the floor.

Harding should be getting minutes instead of Patrick.
He did but it’s not very common.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT