ADVERTISEMENT

Harris and Walz to sit with CNN for exclusive first joint interview since campaign began

You are correct that we were going to have some level of inflation considering the amount of money we pumped into the economy. The issue though is Biden then made it 10x worse through his battle against oil/gas. Everything gets touched by that component and you saw it trickle down to the prices of all goods and services...and here we are.
You are nuts. We are producing more than we ever have in history. Trump pumping out the COVID $$$ and Biden continuing that is what created this.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I've lived abroad and travel regularly. Never in my life have I ever had people in other countries ask me if our president is crazy and if people worry about having him in command... until Trump was in office. Heard this in a few places in Europe and even Mexico. The president was never ever talked about until him... and haven't had anyone make a comment about Biden.
Not saying you aren't telling the truth BUT the actual truth is what happened during his years. The most peace and progress that we have seen in a LONG time. He obviously had a formula that worked on the world stage.

You are nuts. We are producing more than we ever have in history. Trump pumping out the COVID $$$ and Biden continuing that is what created this.
I mentioned that first. Like I said, we were going to have a degree of inflation regardless. Biden made it astronomically worse than it had to be.

Cheese and rice this is nuts. The Trump administration was great until they weren't, and they then were awful.

World stage? Remember when the world leaders collectively laughed at Trump?

America doesn't want to go back to the Trump days. If you are voting for him in 2024, I am convinced there is something wrong with you.
I remember countries pissing their pants when DT was trying to make them pay their share.

Also remember countries laughing and rolling their eyes at JB.

Not saying you aren't telling the truth BUT the actual truth is what happened during his years. The most peace and progress that we have seen in a LONG time. He obviously had a formula that worked on the world stage.
What peace and progress?

What exactly did Biden do to make inflation worse?

I've lived abroad and travel regularly. Never in my life have I ever had people in other countries ask me if our president is crazy and if people worry about having him in command... until Trump was in office. Heard this in a few places in Europe and even Mexico. The president was never ever talked about until him... and haven't had anyone make a comment about Biden.
If anyone from mexico questions you about the decisions of elected officials, look them square in the face and laugh.

I thought it was funny. They are so used to corruption and such that even some of them thought Trump was nuts.
Mexico is corrupt as ****. I got to see a little behind the scenes when my.BIL played baseball down there.

They pay cash....for everything.....

All the baseball teams are owned by 2 different people so they trade themselves to make an Allstars team on any given year. So if you know who the picked team is that year you can bet youe ass off on them.

This
Trump isn't perfect by any stretch, but anyone that is being honest with themselves knows we were better off as a country and on the world stage. Trump did very well up until March 2020.
Please. Trump inherited a pretty good economy and simply didn’t do anything to screw it up. At no point did we have what could be called a booming economy. Trump was laughed at when he spoke at the UN and was universally disliked by our allies, and weakened NATO to the point that Putin felt he could invade Ukraine without opposition. Domestically, his administration was a dumpster fire and his massive tax cut was the only major piece of legislation he was able to pass.
You are correct that we were going to have some level of inflation considering the amount of money we pumped into the economy. The issue though is Biden then made it 10x worse through his battle against oil/gas. Everything gets touched by that component and you saw it trickle down to the prices of all goods and services...and here we are.
What battle against oil? We’re producing more now than we ever had before. Our inflation is better than any other country in the industrialized world, just under 3% now.

You can debate the impact of his early legislation I suppose on inflation, but imo the global disruption Covid caused to our supply chains, and everything else that happened, played bigger roles than you’re stating here.

Reactions: gohawks50
Abraham Accords
Iran was broke
Talks with North Korea for the first time
Russia made no attempts to invade

Biden through executive orders stifled oil production and purposely depleted our oil reserves.
I’ll give you the Abraham accords…tho it was also a moot point to some extent as none of the countries involved were in conflict with Israel.
Iran is closer than ever to a nuke thanks to Trump pulling out of that deal.
Trump gave legitimacy to Kim….what did we get out that?
Russia didn’t need to invade yet - Trump was doing a marvelous job of weakening our relationships with Western Europe to the point that he thought they’d be unable to effectively oppose him in Ukraine - Biden rallying our allies there is his biggest diplomatic win as POTUS.

Stifled oil production? How did he do that while we’re also producing more than we ever have before

The other thing to consider is how the "world stage" will handle working with a convicted felon. Will he even be able to travel abroad? Run it by his parole officer? How do you think America will look in the eyes of the world under convicted felon Trump?

It makes no sense to vote for Trump.

Abraham Accords
Iran was broke
Talks with North Korea for the first time
Russia made no attempts to invade

Biden through executive orders stifled oil production and purposely depleted our oil reserves.
I won't discount the Abraham Accords... its nice but really doesn't change much. Still, nice to get this in place.
Iran is who they have been since 1980... little has changed.
North Korea doesn't deserve an audience.
Russia likely waited because of some deal with Trump, but we might never now because of his secret conversations. What was the deal? Same can be said about Saudi Arabia.

Oil Production is at a record high. Period. Record High. Reserves are lower due to trying to please numpties by trying to lower gas prices... which had little impact because OPEC controls that. Seems like we as a nation should be 100% onboard with being a world leader in wind, solar and other energies so we can tell OPEC to piss off.

Because according to your personal experience people were asking if our former CIC was crazy. So when the Delaware Dimwit was elected it just confirmed their suspicions and they think we’re circling the drain already.

Reactions: Finance85
Because according to your personal experience people were asking if our former CIC was crazy. So when the Delaware Dimwit was elected it just confirmed their suspicions and they think we’re circling the drain already.
You never disappoint.

Generally speaking, Trump's policies were better than Biden's. We have the history and facts that show that.

I don't drink MAGA kool-aid. I also agree with every Trump policy, and certainly think he disrespected the office. It's simply true the economy was better, and the world was more peaceful. IMO, Trump's biggest failure was trusting Fauci.
Damn, bro, you trying to make an idiot out of yourself? Trump had no policies beyond rich tax cuts and trying to enrich himself.

If only you understood my point.
👍
Oh, I understood it. Back to my original question. What is so bad about the past few years? Yes, Biden is an old feeble man who stammers and has gaffs. But, what about life in the USA has been so terrible that we are going to hell/third world country? I keep hearing this, but I never hear what is so bad.

Oh, I understood it. Back to my original question. What is so bad about the past few years? Yes, Biden is an old feeble man who stammers and has gaffs. But, what about life in the USA has been so terrible that we are going to hell/third world country? I keep hearing this, but I never hear what is so bad.

For 1.

We have law organizations that have stopped.reporting data because the crime has gotten.so.shitty but it's easier to hide it than acknowledge it..

Reactions: goldmom
Apparently you are in a financial position that has allowed you to stay ahead of the game, and good for you.
Others are struggling with food prices, fuel prices, the cost of home and auto insurance, etc.
The auto makers are dealing with a poor rollout of EV products and their stock prices - part of many Americans 401/IRA accounts - have struggled.
That’s just one part of the last three years.

let’s be clear:
1. She’s not stupid and is smart enough. But like any former ag, ambition and force are her defining characteristics.
2. It’s silly to try to deny that when left to ad lib, she lurches into combativeness and word salad. Even her own handlers recognize this. Her absence from scripted scenarios is hardly a coincidence or a function of being “busy”. It’s a choice, because the reality is off script kamala resonates negatively with voters.
3. When you add 2 to stealth policy, it’s not surprising that some people may infer, rightfully or wrongfully, that you’re dumb.
4. Make no mistake, walz is there to hold her hand to prevent 1-3. Just like Rick Perry suddenly wearing glasses in his first debate. If I were her handler I’d have him do that over the next two months until it becomes unsustainable.
I'll bet you are a hit with the lady lawyers constantly offering to hold their hands because law stuff is hard, and they tend to get confused and lurch into word salad territory. :rolleyes:

Obligatory CNN interview gif....

nickwstrikeout.gif
I hope you have this one ready to go when you watch Trump's interview with Dr. Phil tonight.

Apparently you are in a financial position that has allowed you to stay ahead of the game, and good for you.
Others are struggling with food prices, fuel prices, the cost of home and auto insurance, etc.
The auto makers are dealing with a poor rollout of EV products and their stock prices - part of many Americans 401/IRA accounts - have struggled.
What period in American life has not featured struggles for the lower and middle classes? You are old enough to remember double digit mortgage rates.

The formula is nothing more than timing.

And we had troops in Afghanistan during his entire administration.

What period in American life has not featured struggles for the lower and middle classes? You are old enough to remember double digit mortgage rates.
No denying that. I’m old enough to have HAD a double digit mortgage rate. But you seem to think I’m saying it’s never happened before. It has but post Covid it has inflicted a hardship many younger Americans haven’t felt before.

Stock market and 401ks are thriving. Again, outside of inflation which would have happened if Trump was in his second term what is so bad about the last few years?

I'll bet you are a hit with the lady lawyers constantly offering to hold their hands because law stuff is hard, and they tend to get confused and lurch into word salad territory

this really doesn't have much to do with law, and honestly, it's not me. this is her own people that have expressed these concerns per mainstream press reports i've read over the weekend. if there's one thing political operatives care about - actually, there is only one thing political operatives care about - it's winning. Period. And definitely not feelings. So by all means, take offense, deny reality, call the voters stupid (perhaps rightfully so), etc., but this is hardly coincidental, and no more objectively silly than pissing match questions about debate formats. But it is the kind of detail political operatives handle for a living. They've made a call that it's better to suffer the slings and arrows of critiques of press interview formats than it is to run the plausible-based-on-experience risk of ****ing up the big press interview. To be really really clear about it, they're being smart here, having been burned in a serious way already by a 'live' event. Really smart given the already unpredictable dynamics of a two month campaign in which minimizing negative incidents will likely be more important than creating positive ones.

BTW, for the record, word salad is hardly a sex-linked trait, and lady lawyer litigators routinely edit my subject matter nerd material down to one page, as no matter how hard i try i just can't quite get to "Jesus wept" on my own. Bush 1 suffered from some of the same problems, but they applied a different and somewhat ham-handed solution in his case, by (i) making light of it ("make my 24 hour time period") and (ii) emphasizing simple messages that he could execute on ("Read my lips," "a thousand points of light"). And of course, pairing him up in an interview with Dan Quayle wasn't really an option, since come to think of it, Quayle was sort of eerily the precursor of Kamala ( how quickly we forget the "losing one's mind" speech to the United Negro College Fund). See also https://www.bauer.uh.edu/rsusmel/Other/Quayle.htm (laughter omitted).

Last edited:
She's not smart. And when you're not smart, you bring along another person to help you out. And you do so on friendly ground, like CNN.

I don't believe that she's not smart and her opponent is easily the most ignorant POTUS in history along with being completely unfit for the office.

With that said, WTF? She holds no live interviews since becoming the nominee and then she requires a taped interview with a wingman? Seems weak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT