ADVERTISEMENT

Harris and Walz to sit with CNN for exclusive first joint interview since campaign began

Obligatory CNN interview gif....

nickwstrikeout.gif

Reactions: hexumhawk
Media SHOULD be in multiple forms and as my favorite Government Professor said, it’s the duty of an informed citizen to avail himself of several forces when trying to decide what your own opinion on an issue should be - and the proliferation of social media today is a minefield for the uninformed seeking to get to the bottom of an issue.
Media is the plural of medium.

Exactly what right wing media has fed you, and you believe it, without giving any thought.
Anyone in the country paying attention could see Biden’s mental decline in real time; it wasn’t right wing media feeding it.

Yet it took just one disastrous ‘debate’ for you libs to finally see the light - or were you being fed some left wing propaganda aimed at driving him to quit?

Everyone can see with their own eyes that Trump is a meandering narcissist who makes every speech and interview about himself and that Kamala struggles to convey knowledge and likability in these situations. They can both be cringe inducing.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
For me it's the fact that she has refused to do a sit-down interview since given the candidacy, nothing more, that is it. Shame on her and all those that defend that.
To an extent I don’t disagree…but at the same time, this is an unusual situation. She only became the presumptive nominee a month ago - made official last week; had to rally support to secure that nomination, take control of the campaign apparatus and establish a plan to move forward; been doing multiple rallies per week since, pick a VP, etc…all within the space of a month.

It’s not like she has had a ton of time to spare, and then also, from a strategy standpoint. - Trump was absolutely flailing in the wake of Biden dropping out, has had multiple screwups in that time as well…why be in a rush to inject something new into the conversation and run the risk of some gaffe that would give an opening to Trump?

Also - honestly trying to remember: I legit don’t remember during the primary season how often any of the non-Trump candidates gave interviews/pressers during their campaigns, so I’m not sure how unusual it is for Harris to have delayed doing an interview.

So, while I don’t disagree that under normal circumstances she should have had a interview or presser in the past month…it’s at least somewhat defensible here imo because these WERENT usual circumstances.

To an extent I don’t disagree…but at the same time, this is an unusual situation. She only became the presumptive nominee a month ago - made official last week; had to rally support to secure that nomination, take control of the campaign apparatus and establish a plan to move forward; been doing multiple rallies per week since, pick a VP, etc…all within the space of a month.

It’s not like she has had a ton of time to spare, and then also, from a strategy standpoint. - Trump was absolutely flailing in the wake of Biden dropping out, has had multiple screwups in that time as well…why be in a rush to inject something new into the conversation and run the risk of some gaffe that would give an opening to Trump?

Also - honestly trying to remember: I legit don’t remember during the primary season how often any of the non-Trump candidates gave interviews/pressers during their campaigns, so I’m not sure how unusual it is for Harris to have delayed doing an interview.

So, while I don’t disagree that under normal circumstances she should have had a interview or presser in the past month…it’s at least somewhat defensible here imo because these WERENT usual circumstances.
It's been well over a month, she's at almost 40 days. She's grossly unprepared for the job of president if she can't even post a public policy position to her website, sit for a formal interview or even hold an unscripted press conference. All she's done is yell about trump and read the exact se speech at a handful of weak rallies. She is pathetic, and having tampon Tim sideline her first interview screams weakness.

Because she has not, and because of her past interviews, many think she can't handle it.

She should've stepped up because of how she was given the candidacy.

The definition of simple is voting for man that talks about windmill cancer, sharks & batteries, Hannibal Lector, rigged elections, etc.
No, you don't need to hear her answer questions.

Her policies are clearly written and available to you.

You probably don't even need to watch her debate.

Because she has not, and because of her past interviews, many think she can't handle it.

She should've stepped up because of how she was given the candidacy.
Again tho - considering everything that needed to get done IMMEDIATELY, I truly don’t get when she was supposed to have the time to do so right away.

She’s stepping up now for the interview; is the delay truly that big a deal for you? I’ve not seen her previous interviews so I don’t see that as some sign that she can’t handle it - idk whether you mean interviews or being POTUS. If the latter, some day I really need an objective list of criteria for what qualifies one to be POTUS.

Reactions: nelly02
No, you don't need to hear her answer questions.

Her policies are clearly written and available to you.

You probably don't even need to watch her debate.
You're right I don't need to watch because I would never vote for her opponent. I will watch because I'm confident in her ability.

Reactions: nelly02
Again tho - considering everything that needed to get done IMMEDIATELY, I truly don’t get when she was supposed to have the time to do so right away.

She’s stepping up now for the interview; is the delay truly that big a deal for you? I’ve not seen her previous interviews so I don’t see that as some sign that she can’t handle it - idk whether you mean interviews or being POTUS. If the latter, some day I really need an objective list of criteria for what qualifies one to be POTUS.
Early voting starts soon out East. Don't even know if it she will do an actual live interview by then.

Watch some of her live QA. She might make you feel good about her being the D candidate, and the current VP.

Are you claiming Harris isn't smart? Good lord, you're an idiot.

You may not agree with her opinions but she's intelligent. I may not agree with Vance, but he's intelligent.
She is smart. She can't talk off the cuff so she brought along a friend. Smart

She's not smart. And when you're not smart, you bring along another person to help you out. And you do so on friendly ground, like CNN.

To say she's not smart is a bit disingenuous. She undoubtedly had a decent score on the LSAT, and graduated from law school. She passed the bar after a failed attempt, but still passed. She's smart enough to have figure out a way to get through the politics of making it to the US Senate and VPOTUS. Yes, by whatever means necessary.

The question is not if she can get through a CNN interview. The question is if her policies are good for the US. The question is if she will be able to make good decisions when dealing with world leaders who are much smarter than she is, and have agendas she doesn't understand.

IMO, Harris is just lazy. She will be a willing puppet on many policies. She's clearly economically illiterate, with no clue as to the practical side effects her policies will suffer.

As far as Walz goes, there's little evidence he's very intelligent. He's simply an ass kissing cheerleader. His policies as governor haven't been good. Outside of the twin cities he's very unpopular.

In the case of both, they would be nothing without sheeple following party politics. No thinking person would vote for their policies. Their only saving grace right now is they have "BUT Trump" in their favor.

Finance85 said:
The question is if her policies are good for the US. The question is if she will be able to make good decisions when dealing with world leaders who are much smarter than she is, and have agendas she doesn't understand.

IMO, Harris is just lazy. She will be a willing puppet on many policies. She's clearly economically illiterate, with no clue as to the practical side effects her policies will suffer.
OMG this is comedy gold. Even if this is 100% true... tell me about how smart Trump is and his stellar policies. Holy shit some of you drink the MAGA kool-aid.

OMG this is comedy gold. Even if this is 100% true... tell me about how smart Trump is and his stellar policies. Holy shit some of you drink the MAGA kool-aid.
Many of us have seen and experienced the 2 administrations...and do not like our current state and continued trend.

Generally speaking, Trump's policies were better than Biden's. We have the history and facts that show that.

I don't drink MAGA kool-aid. I also agree with every Trump policy, and certainly think he disrespected the office. It's simply true the economy was better, and the world was more peaceful. IMO, Trump's biggest failure was trusting Fauci.

Many of us have seen and experienced the 2 administrations...and do not like our current state and continued trend.
Outside of inflation, which would have happened regardless of who was in office, I am trying to find something really bad. Covid sucked, but things are getting back to normal. Inflation is coming down without a recession - which is amazing. Stock Market breaking records, employment is solid. We aren't in any wars. Corn prices are going be great this fall. Lots of infrastructure improvements happening all over the nation. NATO has cohesion in Europe. Russia is tied up in Ukraine. China is at a standstill. Really... what's so terrible. I'm going to guess the border is brought up which is fine... but having grown up minutes from the border and seeing that up close... it's been some level of an issue for 40 years and neither party has done anything meaningful to change that. We need the workers so as much as some bitch about it... they don't do anything because they fill a gap in the labor force. Really... tell me what's so bad. This is the greatest country on the planet. I'm tired of hearing people complain its going to hell... leave if you don't like it.

Generally speaking, Trump's policies were better than Biden's. We have the history and facts that show that.

I don't drink MAGA kool-aid. I also agree with every Trump policy, and certainly think he disrespected the office. It's simply true the economy was better, and the world was more peaceful. IMO, Trump's biggest failure was trusting Fauci.
This
Trump isn't perfect by any stretch, but anyone that is being honest with themselves knows we were better off as a country and on the world stage. Trump did very well up until March 2020.

Outside of inflation, which would have happened regardless of who was in office, I am trying to find something really bad. Covid sucked, but things are getting back to normal. Inflation is coming down without a recession - which is amazing. Stock Market breaking records, employment is solid. We aren't in any wars. Corn prices are going be great this fall. Lots of infrastructure improvements happening all over the nation. NATO has cohesion in Europe. Russia is tied up in Ukraine. China is at a standstill. Really... what's so terrible. I'm going to guess the border is brought up which is fine... but having grown up minutes from the border and seeing that up close... it's been some level of an issue for 40 years and neither party has done anything meaningful to change that. We need the workers so as much as some bitch about it... they don't do anything because they fill a gap in the labor force. Really... tell me what's so bad. This is the greatest country on the planet. I'm tired of hearing people complain its going to hell... leave if you don't like it.
You are correct that we were going to have some level of inflation considering the amount of money we pumped into the economy. The issue though is Biden then made it 10x worse through his battle against oil/gas. Everything gets touched by that component and you saw it trickle down to the prices of all goods and services...and here we are.

Reactions: ditchdigger59
This
Trump isn't perfect by any stretch, but anyone that is being honest with themselves knows we were better off as a country and on the world stage. Trump did very well up until March 2020.
I've lived abroad and travel regularly. Never in my life have I ever had people in other countries ask me if our president is crazy and if people worry about having him in command... until Trump was in office. Heard this in a few places in Europe and even Mexico. The president was never ever talked about until him... and haven't had anyone make a comment about Biden.

This
Cheese and rice this is nuts. The Trump administration was great until they weren't, and they then were awful.

World stage? Remember when the world leaders collectively laughed at Trump?

America doesn't want to go back to the Trump days. If you are voting for him in 2024, I am convinced there is something wrong with you.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
To say she's not smart is a bit disingenuous. She undoubtedly had a decent score on the LSAT, and graduated from law school. She passed the bar after a failed attempt, but still passed. She's smart enough to have figure out a way to get through the politics of making it to the US Senate and VPOTUS. Yes, by whatever means necessary.

The question is not if she can get through a CNN interview. The question is if her policies are good for the US. The question is if she will be able to make good decisions when dealing with world leaders who are much smarter than she is, and have agendas she doesn't understand.

As far as Walz goes, there's little evidence he's very intelligent. He's simply an ass kissing cheerleader. His policies as governor haven't been good. Outside of the twin cities he's very unpopular.

In the case of both, they would be nothing without sheeple following party politics. No thinking person would vote for their policies. Their only saving grace right now is they have "BUT Trump" in their favor.
Walz was elected to congress in a deep red district that had elected one democrat in over 100 years or something. But sure he's very unpopular in rural areas 🙄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT