ADVERTISEMENT

Harris promises on Day 1 to lower grocery prices.

Large communities certainly do. Not so much in small towns but all of those are owned by larger conglomerates who work together to rig prices. Or at least it seems that way.
No. When Publix wants a dollar more per box of cheerios than Krogers or Target or Food Lion I'm done with them. They must not have been invited to the meeting.

That’s not what I said.
So is Trump lying when he said he would end it in one day? The exact quote from Trump: "If I’m president, I will have that war settled in one day, 24 hours," Trump said in May on CNN. If you don't think he said that, I have links below to help.

So do you believe Trump will end the war in 24 hours, or do you think he is lying?

LINK I
LINK II
LINK III

If a company reports increased profits while their prices for their products also increased, seems like that could be a tell…

Some of which can have perfectly reasonable explanations and isn’t nefarious at all, sure. But that’s not true across the board.
Let me guess, you've never run a business.

Forms Pride if the finished Not dismissing your story, I’ve seen warehouses completely full of cotton stacked to the ceiling in Brazil waiting for the right market pricing, but got to believe cost of shipping depends on the products, cotton vs building materials.
I’m not saying cost of transportation is not a factor in pricing… but I think it’s costs are over-factored into the price of tge finished product. These uniforms sold by my S-I-L are sold on a cost-competitive basis and are commonly used by school clubs and amateur softball teams, where “cost” is a primary factor in purchasing. Sometimes I honestly believe the “transportation” argument is introduced as a buzzword for worker salaries and cost of fuel arguments in a political sense. I just believe the “transportation” costs are overplayed too often.

So is Trump lying when he said he would end it in one day? The exact quote from Trump: "If I’m president, I will have that war settled in one day, 24 hours," Trump said in May on CNN. If you don't think he said that, I have links below to help.

So do you believe Trump will end the war in 24 hours, or do you think he is lying?

LINK I
LINK II
LINK III
I know what he says, I watch him speak regularly and have been to his rallies. I believe he can make a substantial shift in how the war is trending, yes. Do I think he's lying, no. Will we see actual change in 24 hours, maybe.

I’m not saying cost of transportation is not a factor in pricing… but I think it’s costs are over-factored into the price of tge finished product. These uniforms sold by my S-I-L are sold on a cost-competitive basis and are commonly used by school clubs and amateur softball teams, where “cost” is a primary factor in purchasing. Sometimes I honestly believe the “transportation” argument is introduced as a buzzword for worker salaries and cost of fuel arguments in a political sense. I just believe the “transportation” costs are overplayed too often.
My company has published numbers for cost of material transport and has made adjustments along the way.

Fantastic. Why doesn’t she do it now with Biden though? What’s stopping her now that won’t on Day 1?
Still more believable than Mexico paying for a wall and half the other dumb shit Trump promised.

Since you kinda misrepresented what Kamala actually said, I think it’s fitting to bring Trump into the conversation on “dumb shit politicians say that they'll never deliver on.”

I know what he says, I watch him speak regularly and have been to his rallies. I believe he can make a substantial shift in how the war is trending, yes. Do I think he's lying, no. Will we see actual change in 24 hours, maybe.
Comedy Central Lol GIF

Reactions: RileyHawk
Still more believable than Mexico paying for a wall and half the other dumb shit Trump promised.

Since you kinda misrepresented what Kamala actually said, I think it’s fitting to bring Trump into the conversation on “dumb shit politicians say that they'll never deliver on.”
I see you missed the point completely. Was Trump in office when he was claiming he would do these things? Harris IS in office now. She seems to be claiming that her and Biden don't give a shit about the issue at this time and will only try to fix it if she wins...and NOT NOW while she actually is in office?

I see you missed the point completely. Was Trump in office when he was claiming he would do these things? Harris IS in office now. She seems to be claiming that her and Biden don't give a shit about the issue at this time and will only try to fix it if she wins...and NOT NOW while she actually is in office?
I did get the point.

She is campaigning.

You are right about the irony of what she is saying. It’s dishonest and it’s pandering to get votes.

I just don’t see it as being unique. She isn’t the first VP to be campaigning while still under the current president. The truth is we should be putting all these pols’ feet to the fire on the empty, bullshit promises they toss around with impunity. The problem is too many Americans think in terms of Team Blue vs. Team Red, so we’re stuck with the grossly corrupt and inept two-party system because we are a nation of idiots.

Is that better?

To your first question - yes, absolutely Trump was in office when he said he would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.

LINK I
LINK II
LINK III
I believe that is something that could see major impacts "day 1" yes.

Reactions: Ferentz_Fan
The only way to do it is to break up the mega-corporations that own the grocery industry. PepsiCo, Coke, P&G, Kraft-Heinz and a few others own EVERYTHING. And they’re all happy with keeping prices right where they are. They loved inflation.

Reactions: sober_teacher
There absolutely is such a thing as prices gouging. Pharm does it all the time.

This will all boil down to “if someone is willing to pay the price, there is no price gouging” and him bonering up about the free market.

Pharma is the prime example of when it goes beyond the pale. It’s not like jacking up prices on your favorite cheese. It can very easily be the difference between life and death. The drivers for that are very well said in the NY AG’s comments on pharma bro:

“Envy, greed, lust, and hate, don’t just separate, but they obviously motivated Mr. Shkreli and his partner to illegally jack up the price of a life-saving drug as Americans’ lives hung in the balance,” said New York Attorney General Letitia James, whose office sued with several other attorneys general and the Federal Trade Commission.

So while you can argue the difference of gouging vs. manipulation - but it’s a thin line and in many cases not one I’d want to support or argue on behalf of.

My company has published numbers for cost of material transport and has made adjustments along the way.
The function of any company is to contain its costs of doing business…if it wants to remain competitive and in business. Right?
I personally believe that sometimes “transportation costs” are a scapegoat, as are gasoline prices and salaries are often “political statements” more than they are business statements. There is a cost to do any business…

The function of any company is to contain its costs of doing business…if it wants to remain competitive and in business. Right?
I personally believe that sometimes “transportation costs” are a scapegoat, as are gasoline prices and salaries are often “political statements” more than they are business statements. There is a cost to do any business…
The cost of doing business is relayed to the consumer, and or the company can close down facilities get rid of workers and open those facilities in other countries.

Didn’t say I did.

Are you truly telling me zero price gouging has gone on?
I have run a couple of businesses. Like your home budget, sometimes times are good and you are able to save for a rainy day. Sometimes the rain comes and you need to spend more than you take in. At times one can charge more for your product and other times you have to charge less than you might have in it. Sometimes one of your products makes a bigger profit than your other products based on market conditions.

Long story short, Harris claiming she knows what price gouging is and who is practicing it, is complete BS.

LINK I
LINK II
LINK III
He's probably lying too, but at least the President has a significant amount of control over foreign policy. The President does not have the same control over retail pricing. And since Trump is not President now, he does not have that control. Biden and Harris are in the White House right now and if they do have the power to lower prices on "Day 1" then they have that power now and are choosing not to utilize it.
To sum up: they are both lying but Harris's lie makes less sense.

Reactions: WSC72
I have run a couple of businesses. Like your home budget, sometimes times are good and you are able to save for a rainy day. Sometimes the rain comes and you need to spend more than you take in. At times one can charge more for your product and other times you have to charge less than you might have in it. Sometimes one of your products makes a bigger profit than your other products based on market conditions.

Long story short, Harris claiming she knows what price gouging is and who is practicing it, is complete BS.
You didn’t answer my question.

Does zero price gouging take place?

I totally get that much of what takes place regarding price increases have legit businesses reasons for doing so, and I said as much. There sure seem to be times when that’s not always the case tho, or at least raise eyebrows imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT