ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever seen a person die right in front of you?

Like all the medical professionals on this board, I can even put a number to the amount of people that have died in front of me. Completely numb to death now, COVID really made sure of that.
Yes and no.

I'm numb to most of it except when the family is present and is taking it very hard. You can block it out at the time but will later catch up to you.

For me the worst is when you think you have saved someone and then lose them.....that's hard...especially if the family is there riding the rollercoaster.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I used to bounce at a big bar in town. The town rich guy had it out for me a bit. He had one of his goons come after me one night down by the lake. We ended up karate fighting for a bit. Dude said he used to bang people like me in prison. I didn't like that. I punched his throat out, just as my hot doctor girlfriend pulled up and she got mad. But she never really got me. After that I left town and moved to the Catskills to teach Jews how to dance.

I used to bounce at a big bar in town. The town rich guy had it out for me a bit. He had one of his goons come after me one night down by the lake. We ended up karate fighting for a bit. Dude said he used to bang people like me in prison. I didn't like that. I punched his throat out, just as my hot doctor girlfriend pulled up and she got mad. But she never really got me. After that I left town and moved to the Catskills to teach Jews how to dance.
Patrick Swayze GIF

You should try pottery. Helps you get girlz yo.

I guess it depends on how close is "right in front of you."

I was in the room when my grandma took her last breath, so I guess that counts.

I've been on the scene of a couple fatal accidents and fires where I saw the victims brought out before they could be covered --- never fun.

The most jarring experience I had as a reporter wasn't a fatality, it was a methed up lady in a standoff with police who didn't want to go to jail. She came out of her house with a handgun and shot herself in the stomach on the front porch, then stumbled down her driveway where she collapsed bleeding. I saw it unfold from across the street. That was pretty disturbing.

You forgot to mention laying pipe on your doctor friend in pig shit infested water 👍🏿

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Yes two separate motorcycle accidents about 30 years apart.
Both on curves with no other vehicles involved. One was a crotch rocket that flew by us just north of waverly when I was about 10 on old 218. Now I didn’t see it but we were maybe 10 seconds behind him. Cut in half by a telephone pole. I just remember my dad grabbing two blankets out of the trunk to cover him up.
I do know a guy that made out with three different girls a week before they died. They called him the kiss of death.
Just to tie this story up:
I never understood how my dad was so calm when dealing with the body. I did not find out until some years ago, because he would never discuss it, that is was part of his job in Viet Nam.
He would go on PT boats to pick up bodies and/or bag them up and bring to ships. He saw a lot of gruesome things. All he really said was that he never had to fire a gun from one of those boats but the sights and smells never left him.

MIL. She was in home hospice with cancer. Hospice nurse stopped by around noon, told us if there was any family that wanted to visit before she passed to have them up in 24 as she wouldn't last long. Called her son and his wife and told them they needed to be up that evening. The entire family had visited, except for a grandson and his wife. They showed up about an hour later, and MIL passed 15 minutes after they arrived.

She was in rough shape, but we figured she held on until she saw/heard from the last of the grandkids.

I've seen quite a few people drop right in front of me from overindulging at music festivals but I don't believe any of them died.

My older sister took me to the town library to take my written driving test. As we were leaving, there was an older man lying in the grass with his adult son crying. The doctor arrived and it was like in the movies, he looked up at the son and shook his head no.
Turns out the gentleman had taken his driving test and failed earlier in another town and had come to our town to try again.

• Wow
My older sister took me to the town library to take my written driving test. As we were leaving, there was an older man lying in the grass with his adult son crying. The doctor arrived and it was like in the movies, he looked up at the son and shook his head no.
Turns out the gentleman had taken his driving test and failed earlier in another town and had come to our town to try again.
God might have been protecting us from him passing the driving test at your library.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT