ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Women’s BBall Season 2023-2024

Ticket question...Boomer here. I don't have season tickets, but I am thinking of surprising my wife today and taking her to the game. Is it possible to buy tickets in person from scalpers OR is everything handled electronically via resellers like Seatgeek these days?

In other words, even if the ticket is an electronic one, can you score them in person in front of the arena 30 minutes before tip off?

I know I'm answering four days late...

I've found that you can buy from scalpers at sporting events and concerts, but they'll likely be doing an online transfer. You can pay them in cash or venmo or zelle. Its a huge hassle as they try to transfer the tickets to you via ticketmaster or seatgeek or whatever, and then to confirm the tickets arrived. Old school paper tickets were much easier for the scalping transaction. I've sokl concert tickets last minute in front of the venue, and its always painful to do the transfer. Frequently the dude needs to reset his ticketmaster password, etc. So login to all your apps (Seatgeek is official Iowa reseller) before you go.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I should add to my answer. If the seller has the Iowa Hawkeyes ticket user app, he can transfer to you via text messages. You accept by clicking on a link in the text message. Then add to your phone's wallet. Pay him in cash or venmo etc.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
My fears are a lot worse than 6-2 haha
6 of the remaining games are Quad 1 with the other two (Illinois and Michigan) being Quad 2. Lots of opportunities for quality wins.

I have a subscription to HerHoop Stats. You can compare teams and it will give you predicted results based on the teams stats for the year. It gives different results if the game is home/away neutral. They have us favored in every game (Indiana by 1.1 with a 53.1% chance to win), but I agree with you all eight games are likely to be challenging games.

Go Hawks

6 of the remaining games are Quad 1 with the other two (Illinois and Michigan) being Quad 2. Lots of opportunities for quality wins.

I have a subscription to HerHoop Stats. You can compare teams and it will give you predicted results based on the teams stats for the year. It gives different results if the game is home/away neutral. They have us favored in every game (Indiana by 1.1 with a 53.1% chance to win), but I agree with you all eight games are likely to be challenging games.

Go Hawks
I used to subscribe to HHS back when it was $20 annually but gave it up this season when they bumped it up to $50. 🙃

Massey also uses their analytics to predict outcomes. They too have us going 7-1 with the sole loss being to Indiana by 1. So very similar to HHS it sounds like.

UCLA just lost again. Hawkeyes should jump up to #3
I know Lauren Betts has been out of the lineup for awhile, seems like I read something that suggested her absence may not be injury-related. Anybody know anything?

I know Lauren Betts has been out of the lineup for awhile, seems like I read something that suggested her absence may not be injury-related. Anybody know anything?
She is out with an "undisclosed medical reason." She wasn't on the bench

Her coach was very emotional, voice quivering and holding back tears in press conference after this last loss. Unclear if that was related to Betts absence.

She is out with an "undisclosed medical reason." She wasn't on the bench

Her coach was very emotional, voice quivering and holding back tears in press conference after this last loss. Unclear if that was related to Betts absence.
Yeah, that's what I saw too.

Reactions: FrankBurns00
At this point, I think it's important that we discuss a crucial issue around Iowa Hoops, and that is clearly the choice of uniforms.
1: I liked the simple black uni's from last year, I thought they had kind of a street tough, no nonsense look. But I also like the more adorned black uni's of this year, so I'm a little torn,
2: I'm happy to see the abandonment of the yellow uni's. No diss on the color itself, but yellow is a spectacularly bad color for sports uni's. Football, take notice re: your embarrassing bumble-bee uni's.
3: Pink is an even worse color than yellow for sports regalia, but I put up with it for the cause. Haven't seen them all year. I guess that means that the B1G just doesn't care about cancer anymore.

I respect anyone's right to disagree with me, but please understand that you're just wrong!

At this point, I think it's important that we discuss a crucial issue around Iowa Hoops, and that is clearly the choice of uniforms.
1: I liked the simple black uni's from last year, I thought they had kind of a street tough, no nonsense look. But I also like the more adorned black uni's of this year, so I'm a little torn,
2: I'm happy to see the abandonment of the yellow uni's. No diss on the color itself, but yellow is a spectacularly bad color for sports uni's. Football, take notice re: your embarrassing bumble-bee uni's.
3: Pink is an even worse color than yellow for sports regalia, but I put up with it for the cause. Haven't seen them all year. I guess that means that the B1G just doesn't care about cancer anymore.

I respect anyone's right to disagree with me, but please understand that you're just wrong!
i agree with the all black uni's from last year being the best look.

I don't mind the yellows, but better if they are just a once or twice a year thing.

Next up they need to put the IOWA script on the white uni's maybe highlighted in yellow? like the baseball team has, without the underlining
2015115_Snep_Ty-829x1024.jpg

Not that it really matters now, but per Kyle Huesmann's repost of a Ben Schuff tweet, the B10 office has confirmed missed calls in the OSU WBB game:

Reactions: Pawkhawk1

In this interview, the topic of Kate Martin being selected for the “So You Wanna Be a Coach” program by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association comes up.

Bluder then says she will do everything in her power to keep Kate at Iowa. Very bullish public statement to make.

Also curious to think about the implications of Clark’s upcoming decision, since she said previously that she can’t imagine coming back without Kate around.

In this interview, the topic of Kate Martin being selected for the “So You Wanna Be a Coach” program by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association comes up.

Bluder then says she will do everything in her power to keep Kate at Iowa. Very bullish public statement to make.

Also curious to think about the implications of Clark’s upcoming decision, since she said previously that she can’t imagine coming back without Kate around.
🧐🤔

Happy we beat Penn State and awesome to see Hannah have an amazing night--

but is anyone else growing tired of us losing focus once we build a 15-20 point lead? We can get away with it against Penn State. Against Maryland it nearly cost us. Against Ohio State... we know what happened.
You mean you can't enjoy a stomach-churning, teeth-grinding sense of dread?

I'm genuinely surprised that Angel Reese didn't have a 15/15 game?

Edit: I see what the post meant now. The team needs to have all three, but not necessarily in the same game.
Hannah Stuelke: 47 points
Caitlin Clark: 27 points, 15 assists
Kate Martin: 16 points, 16 rebounds

All in the same game.
Last night.
Now you know!

Reactions: ichawk24
Originally I thought the post meant no other team had any one of the three happen. Then I realized all three had to happen, be it in the same game or not.

Reactions: hawkod
After last year's sluggish start, and losing Monika and McKenna; I would never have predicted that the team would go 52-6 over their last 58 games. (If I counted right) Besides S.Car,, who else is in that stratosphere? Esp for a smallish team w/ only one 5-star recruit. One welcome change I've noticed this season is that we often look like the tougher, grittier team. Also: Everyone noticing that suddenly Ediger is getting more minutes, and looking very sharp? Is she now the #3 post ahead of Goodman? Will she pass O'Grady? Will Bluder play two of this group in games where we really need the size?

Everyone noticing that suddenly Ediger is getting more minutes, and looking very sharp? Is she now the #3 post ahead of Goodman? Will she pass O'Grady? Will Bluder play two of this group in games where we really need the size?

Edigar came in before O’Grady last night. Both have their strengths. Edigar is I think the same height as Stuelke. Not as quick as Stuelke but certainly quicker than O’Grady/Goodman. She and Stuelke were actually ranked right around the same place according to ESPN….its bc she has some moves. IIRC she has range as well, but we haven’t seen that.

Edigar came in before O’Grady last night. Both have their strengths. Edigar is I think the same height as Stuelke. Not as quick as Stuelke but certainly quicker than O’Grady/Goodman. She and Stuelke were actually ranked right around the same place according to ESPN….its bc she has some moves. IIRC she has range as well, but we haven’t seen that.
For better or worse, Jan's approach is old-school, back to the basket, efficient scoring. It has clearly worked, but not necessarily for a player like AJ. I've always thought they should have trimmed her down, worked on strength, speed and her perimeter game, and let her be a 4 instead of the 3rd or 4th post. Plus, she has that cool leaf tattoo under her ear.

O’Grady played in the first quarter.

Reactions: undersized_post
The 4th-quarter collapses of this team are now more than a mild concern. Your ideas about reasons?
IMO I think they get too comfortable and think CC will pull the game out. Obviously, she is jsut human and cannot do it every game. This to me is a coaching problem, players have to go 40 minutes every game and that means every player not just CC.

The 4th-quarter collapses of this team are now more than a mild concern. Your ideas about reasons?
In each of the losses, they've stopped pushing the pace quite early and struggled in half court offense. I'd like to know Clark's 4th quarter 3 pt %. Seems like her legs are gone and she's not making as many but I could be imagining that. Would help to give her a 2 minute break per quarter or at least the first three in my opinion. The team should be able to survive that. Asking her to play 38-40 minutes & assume so much of the scoring load seems to take its toll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT