ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks-Nebby

Northwestern is really diving. They really got nothing much after Deakin. Boilers go a good shot of whipping them tonight.

Any word on Assad not even being listed as an "or"? Injured, sick, or can't talk about it?
I am hearing a redshirt this year but I guess we will see if they use Brands and Assad at some point during the season. My gut tells me with a very short season that they will just let Nelson eat as he could use as much experience as possible heading into his first BIG and NCAA tournament.

I am hearing a redshirt this year but I guess we will see if they use Brands and Assad at some point during the season. My gut tells me with a very short season that they will just let Nelson eat as he could use as much experience as possible heading into his first BIG and NCAA tournament.
There are no redshirts this year. Assuming they are going to keep Nelson in the lineup, Assad would still benefit by getting in those "extra matches".

If I am understanding this correctly, there are no redshirts this year. So I think Assad could wrestle and not have it "count". Then...perhaps red-shirt next year, or a future year??

There are no redshirts this year. Assuming they are going to keep Nelson in the lineup, Assad would still benefit by getting in those "extra matches".
Yeah that's a good point this really is a free partial year. I think it is anyone's guess when and if we see Assad. I agree he could use the matches and I love the idea of having these JV matches at duals. Why would this not be the plan going forward? A typical dual takes less than 2 hours and that really is not a very long competition when you compare it to other major sports. I am all for these extra matches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT