ADVERTISEMENT

HBO host says Democrats 'have to answer for' how they 'completely lost control' over schools

Please explain.

You want me to explain that it's bigoted to hold the opinion that employees that affiliate with a particular political party are responsible for your nebulous and broad disapproval of the state of education across the state? No other professionals have to put up with that crap, and rightfully so.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Disabled students aren't just the ones in wheel chairs you know. Students with ADD, ADHD, and other learning problems qualify under IDEA. The school is still responsible to provide alternate education for any student they expel, disabled or not.
He refuses to learn. As long as his private school gets money, eff the rest of those kids.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
What percentage of Iowa educators (leadership and teachers) do you think are Republican?
In government in Iowa? Most. Again, anytime they would like to make laws to fix school behaviors I would be all for it. Instead, like with everything else, Republicans have no plan to fix, only grift and help the haves. Never the have nots.

In government in Iowa? Most. Again, anytime they would like to make laws to fix school behaviors I would be all for it. Instead, like with everything else, Republicans have no plan to fix, only grift and help the haves. Never the have nots.
Or, instead of waiting for a law to address poor school behavior…maybe the school itself could step up and make it a priority. Easier to complain about Des Moines though, instead of working on the problem locally.

Bill Maher says Biden administration 'all in' on pushing trans indoctrination with kids

HBO host says Democrats 'have to answer for' how they 'completely lost control' over schools

"I thought a great subject to talk about would be schools, because they're in the news a lot," Maher began the panel discussion on Friday. "We live in a prison yard in this country, which is everything is tribal. And like anything that has to do with schools or education is something really the Democrats have to answer for because they control it. I mean, when you look at the Democratic Convention, it's like three-quarters of them are teachers. My sister's a teacher. I'm a big defender of teachers, but what's going on in schools is outrageous, and somebody needs to answer for it."

Maher highlighted a recent incident in Virginia where a six-year-old brought his mother's gun to school and shot his teacher and how the school librarian told the press how "routine" teachers, students and other staff are assaulted.

"How did we completely lose control?" Maher asked. "How could any kid learn in this atmosphere when you can't even survive? And these are all schools. This is not just inner-city schools. I hear this anecdotally from people. We've completely lost control of our schools."

"Why does a four-year-old come in, instead of teaching them the colors, you're telling them, ‘Pick your pronoun’? Where on earth did that come from? And who told us it was going to be imposed on children?" Sullivan asked. "More and more, when you look at this curriculum, it's all about that stuff. It's all about identity, it's all about being queer or trans. Children can't understand that stuff, not in kindergarten."

Full article:

As he said he has anecdotal evidence only.

Or, instead of waiting for a law to address poor school behavior…maybe the school itself could step up and make it a priority. Easier to complain about Des Moines though, instead of working on the problem locally.
Tell me, AGAIN, you don't know how any of this works without telling me you don't know how any of this works.

This seems all so simple to you. It's not. You think districts aren't TRYING things constantly? Lawsuits stop this. The state wanting to know why so many kids in poverty - mostly black males - are being suspended. Man, there's just SO much about all of this that you don't understand and within all of this, teachers and districts are helping create some amazing young adults who go on and do awesome things. Again, despite all the bullshit that we have to deal with. Again, things that private schools don't have to...because they are able to choose not to accept any problems that public schools have forced upon them.

This isn't hard to understand. You just refuse or dismiss this out of hand.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Tell me, AGAIN, you don't know how any of this works without telling me you don't know how any of this works.

This seems all so simple to you. It's not. You think districts aren't TRYING things constantly? Lawsuits stop this. The state wanting to know why so many kids in poverty - mostly black males - are being suspended. Man, there's just SO much about all of this that you don't understand and within all of this, teachers and districts are helping create some amazing young adults who go on and do awesome things. Again, despite all the bullshit that we have to deal with. Again, things that private schools don't have to...because they are able to choose not to accept any problems that public schools have forced upon them.

This isn't hard to understand. You just refuse or dismiss this out of hand.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. Stick to gym class.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
No everyone has that choice bc they have limits financially. It’s sad people would want to limit options for the less fortunate.
The private schools will absolutely not take many of the poor kids. There are no such things as bad schools. There are schools that have poor kids. Poor kids perform poorly academically. School “performance” is simply a proxy for socioeconomic makeup. Amazing how people don’t get this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT