ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s Why the Science Is Clear That Masks Work

Lol “a respected science org”
LOLWUT?

It's the same "respected science org" that your buddies posted "the science was settled" in about masks not working.

That organization says those statements are blatantly false. And called out the paper's author who made a public statement inconsistent with their position AND the position of his own paper.

323686d1587657441-why-dont-i-trust-government-not-abuse-biden-face-mask.jpg

LOLWUT?

It's the same "respected science org" that your buddies posted "the science was settled" in about masks not working.

That organization says those statements are blatantly false. And called out the paper's author who made a public statement inconsistent with their position AND the position of his own paper.
Joe, honestly, shut the **** up. You’re so ****ing extra and I’m sure you got beat up as a kid. No one likes you.

Joe, honestly, shut the **** up. You’re so ****ing extra and I’m sure you got beat up as a kid. No one likes you.

Really, who in the hell are you? If you want to believe the right wing BS, feel free, and because of your stance on vaccinations and mask wearing, more republicans have died than democrats, and it isn't even close. Thank trump and his suckers and losers for that.

Was Kenneth referring to cloth masks that grandmas made and we were required to wear?
Because that actually happened, and people still pretend that they actually did something. Even after everything we saw and learned.
As you can see @BGHAWK is very passionate about grandmas homemade mask and their effectiveness.

Last edited:
Reactions: LafesterMacintosh
Was Kenneth referring to cloth masks that grandmas made and we were required to wear?
Because that actually happened, and people still pretend that they actually did something. Even after everything we saw and learned.
Who required us to wear cloth masks that grandma made? Also, pic of said grandma???

I have said all along that masks provide some level of protection. Even the cloth ones that grandma makes will reduce your risk.

But certain things have to be done for a mask to work. 1. You actually have to wear the mask when you are around other people. 2. Taking it off while eating next to others will reduce mask effectiveness. 3. You need to use a clean mask daily. 4. You cant touch you mouth and nose unless you wash your hands first. 5. Use good hand hygiene.

One would this these would be implied with wearing a mask, but people are stupid.

Pretty sure you’re the only one that ever reads what you link here. Could you tell us?

Remember the study that pine and all the other anti maskers touted as definitive proof masks don’t work?

Cochrane, says that the way it summarized the review was unclear and imprecise, and that the way some people interpreted it was wrong.
“Many commentators have claimed that a recently updated Cochrane review shows that ‘masks don’t work,’ which is an inaccurate and misleading interpretation,” Karla Soares-Weiser, the editor in chief of the Cochrane Library, said in a statement.
“The review examined whether interventions to promote mask wearing help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses,” Soares-Weiser said, adding, “Given the limitations in the primary evidence, the review is not able to address the question of whether mask wearing itself reduces people’s risk of contracting or spreading respiratory viruses.”

Last edited:
The review examined whether interventions to promote mask wearing help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses,” Soares-Weiser said, adding, “Given the limitations in the primary evidence, the review is not able to address the question of whether mask wearing itself reduces people’s risk of contracting or spreading respiratory viruses.”

ALT Title for their work: "Masks only help prevent transmission of respiratory viruses, if people use them"

“The review examined whether interventions to promote mask wearing help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses,” Soares-Weiser said, adding, “Given the limitations in the primary evidence, the review is not able to address the question of whether mask wearing itself reduces people’s risk of contracting or spreading respiratory viruses.”

Sounds like they’re having a hard time nailing down a truly quantitative impact based on the evidence they reviewed.

I have a feeling this will go on forever. I’m glad I don’t worry about it.

“Work” is relative. Under the guise of something is better than nothing, wearing a mask might be .01% better than nothing. And if you consider that “working” then sure.

Really, who in the hell are you? If you want to believe the right wing BS, feel free, and because of your stance on vaccinations and mask wearing, more republicans have died than democrats, and it isn't even close. Thank trump and his suckers and losers for that.
Get pissed

Reactions: LafesterMacintosh
For the love of Pete, Ken, if you love them so much, then put one on. It's a free country. Heck, shower with it on for all we care.

I'm still seeing this anomaly from time to time...masked up, outdoors essentially on an island of unnecessary.

why-the-mask-.org_.jpg

Of course If you believed in science we wouldn’t have another pandemic, atleast not for another 100 years or so

I'm seriously starting to doubt you have any STEM degree....just because the last one happened 100 years ago in no means that's the interval they happen. Anyone with a BASIC understanding of logic, much less science, would understand this.

So what exactly does this say about you if this is your understanding of such things?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT