ADVERTISEMENT

Hogan already planning to drop a deuce on OSU.

Anybody know what the issue was with his stats last season? Specifically completion percentage, wr's terrible?

Last edited:
Kirk is going to hate this kid. :D

I was thinking the same thing as he’s a bit flamboyant.. flashy and shouldn’t be so “sexy” ... that’s the thing I worry about especially after the comment about the O$U defensive coach “pulling his hairs out” ouch.. but .. let’s hope he can back his words up.. I think he might be able to

So far his attitude reminds me of Drew Tate. That's not a bad thing.

BTW: You would think KF and staff would have known all about this kid's swag long before they offered him. Iowa is known for its deep dive into players' characters, so if all this comes as a surprise to Kirk, Brian, and Ken, that's on them. But I don't believe that's the case. I prefer to believe that KF allowed this commitment despite the swag, which would be a great point of growth for the veteran coach, IMHO. (Remember PSU's McSorley? Exactly.)

I hope he realizes that he will face Ohio State..maybe once in his career, the way the BIG schedule is. I think he is going to be the first Iowa player to have his social media and media availability revoked, before he steps on campus! ;)

He sounds a lot like Tate Martell, so...I'm going to wait until he "actually" wins the starting job and until he" actually" completes his first pass in an "actual" game, before we alert the OSU defensive staff. I give the kid credit though, if you're going to call someone out..you call out the Big Dog on the block, but he should probably worry about Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue and Iowa State first. :D

Yes, give Ohio State bulletin board material. Brilliant. As if OSU didn't have enough incentive to beat Iowa after the 2017 beat down.

Whoa, roasted me on that one. Damn.

I'm sure OSU players are writing down Deuce's words and are anxiously awaiting to play him in five years. Great points.

Yeah, he's fortunate in that respect.

The greater point is he needs to be wiser about what he says to the media.

And I was just trying to lighten the mood. You seem a little cranky.

I like his enthusiasm. But, talk is cheap. I remember Jake Christensen talking about a national championship with the 2005 recruiting class.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Yeah, he's fortunate in that respect.

The greater point is he needs to be wiser about what he says to the media.

And I was just trying to lighten the mood. You seem a little cranky.

Sorry, last week of traditional classes for the year and about ready to lose it.

A statue who completed 44% of his passes is going to make DC's pull their hair out? Lol cmon

Less than impressive stat line for sure in 2018.

108-244 (44%) 1514 yards (137.6 ypg) 18TD and 6INTS

That percentage is scary but I see Tennessee and Georgia offered AFTER that season. So, who knows?

Jack Beneventi anyone?

Last edited:
Less than impressive stat line for sure in 2018.

108-244 (44%) 1514 yards (137.6 ypg) 18TD and 6INTS

That percentage is scary but I see Tennessee and Georgia offered AFTER that season. So, who knows?

Jack Beneventi anyone?
I hardly think so, in comparing him to Beneventi, who had his offer pulled after he quit on his team and transferred I believe. Time will tell on young Mr. Hogan and his future heroes. To this point all I can say is, "I see nothing"! ;)

I hardly think so, in comparing him to Beneventi, who had his offer pulled after he quit on his team and transferred I believe. Time will tell on young Mr. Hogan and his future heroes. To this point all I can say is, "I see nothing"! ;)

I agree it's not a future Beneventi situation. But your revisionist history regarding why the ship was pulled allows you to maintain your status as the village idiot.

I agree it's not a future Beneventi situation. But your revisionist history regarding why the ship was pulled allows you to maintain your status as the village idiot.
Really, do tell. So why exactly was his ship pulled Mr Internet smart guy?

I hope he realizes that he will face Ohio State..maybe once in his career, the way the BIG schedule is. I think he is going to be the first Iowa player to have his social media and media availability revoked, before he steps on campus! ;)

He sounds a lot like Tate Martell, so...I'm going to wait until he "actually" wins the starting job and until he" actually" completes his first pass in an "actual" game, before we alert the OSU defensive staff. I give the kid credit though, if you're going to call someone out..you call out the Big Dog on the block, but he should probably worry about Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue and Iowa State first. :D
I would assume he was asked something about OSU. I doubt he is sitting at home with OSU on the top of his mind.....

So far his attitude reminds me of Drew Tate. That's not a bad thing.

BTW: You would think KF and staff would have known all about this kid's swag long before they offered him. Iowa is known for its deep dive into players' characters, so if all this comes as a surprise to Kirk, Brian, and Ken, that's on them. But I don't believe that's the case. I prefer to believe that KF allowed this commitment despite the swag, which would be a great point of growth for the veteran coach, IMHO. (Remember PSU's McSorley? Exactly.)
I think Brian wants some swagger, but just the right amount he can keep in check.. but everybody wants the qb who says we are scoring on this drive..

By the time this kid sees the field, the coaching staff will have hammered the confidence out of him. He will be short-arming dumps to the tight end and checking to the stretch play just like every Iowa quarterback since Jake Christensen.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT