ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

Going out on a limb here, but I am thinking that the two Strong bastards do not have the same story arc as Jon Snow. Neither seems to have "it".

Also, one-eyed Aemond has seemed to outgrown his older brother in every way. Definitely a badass.

FeHCnRVVEAAWGRb

Going out on a limb here, but I am thinking that the two Strong bastards do not have the same story arc as Jon Snow. Neither seems to have "it".

Also, one-eyed Aemond has seemed to outgrown his older brother in every way. Definitely a badass.

FeHCnRVVEAAWGRb
The three Strong bastards don't matter at the end of the dance. None of them reach 17 years old in the books.

Last edited:
In the books we don't know that Rhaegar married Lyanna or that she loved him. I think the fanbase generally assumes that to be true though. This stuff wasn't shown in the show until after it started going off the rails though. That's why I put kidnapped in quotes. GRRM may decide to make changes if he ever finishes the book series, which he won't.
Ok...but there is overwhelming evidence - even from George himself, who apparently will shoot down any wrong theories - that they were married and that she was in love with him. We'll see what he does with the books if he ever finishes but the people who know his writing and have worked with him on creating the history of Westeros seem to have a pretty solid grasp and understanding that this is indeed the case.

The Prince that was promised is a prophecy about a future warrior that will end defeat the white walkers. He is supposed to be a child born of fire and ice. Rhaegar believed at first that he was that prince. Then later he changed his mind and believed that he would father that prince. He was married to a Martell, from the south of the continent, and had a few kids with her. But later "kidnapped" Lyanna Stark to have babies with her. Because he kidnapped her it led to Robert's rebellion and the eventual events of the GoT show/books ~15 years later. Jon Snow is the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar. The Targaryan blood representing fire and the Stark blood representing ice.

The prophecy talks about the prince that was promised being born among salt and smoke and beneath a bleeding star. The books reference a comet overhead when Rhaegar's first son was born. Jon Snow was born shortly after, likely meaning that the comet was still overhead and fulfilling the bleeding star part of the prophecy. Here's a whole wiki article that talks about the background of it from the book perspective.

The story was cool and provided much intrigue over the seasons in GoT. Jon and the Night King had some back and forth, and then Winterfell was stormed by the army of the dead. While Jon was sidelined, in a most disappointing finish, Arya defeated the white walkers. csb

Fun fact, this is how team black looks in the books. Rheanys had dark hair, Valeryons are light skinned.

900px-The_Blacks_by_naomimakesart.jpg

FeHCnRVVEAAWGRb
I’m confused that Alicent’s Aegon is the second born, but he seems to have outpaced the jerking off brother. Has he been officially supplanted by Alicent and Viserys? He’s comically stupid. Alicent’s Aegon has that brooding evil thing going on.

I’m confused that Alicent’s Aegon is the second born, but he seems to have outpaced the jerking off brother. Has he been officially supplanted by Alicent and Viserys? He’s comically stupid. Alicent’s Aegon has that brooding evil thing going on.
Aegon is the window jacker and the older heir. He's aloof and honestly doesn't gaf, he just wants to get drunk and bang servant girls. He is now married to his sister, who was the weird one speaking premonitions while playing with bugs in earlier episodes.

The one eyed kid, that claimed the biggest dragon before his girl cousins could claim it after their mother died, is Aemond. He is a second son, like his uncle. He's doesn't take no shit and it's looking like there's gonna be a showdown between the two in the future. (And no spoilers from you spoiling, book reading sonsabitches)

Aegon is the window jacker and the older heir. He's aloof and honestly doesn't gaf, he just wants to get drunk and bang servant girls. He is now married to his sister, who was the weird one speaking premonitions while playing with bugs in earlier episodes.

The one eyed kid, that claimed the biggest dragon before his girl cousins could claim it after their mother died, is Aemond. He is a second son, like his uncle. He's doesn't take no shit and it's looking like there's gonna be a showdown between the two in the future. (And no spoilers from you spoiling, book reading sonsabitches)
Geez. I totally missed that Aegon is married to his sister. I just assumed it was some cousin.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Great episode. There are still things on either side to pull for as they both want power and want to protect their kids. However, I am more on Rhaenyra's (sp?) side since her father clearly wants her and her kids to take over when he dies and Alicent wormed her way into the mix at her father's request. However, you totally see how she now thinks her son is the PTWP and will likely do anything to see that out while Rhaenyra thinks her son is the one. I also want to see Daemon vs Aemond in the weeks ahead. It's clearly coming to that.

Great episode. There are still things on either side to pull for as they both want power and want to protect their kids. However, I am more on Rhaenyra's (sp?) side since her father clearly wants her and her kids to take over when he dies and Alicent wormed her way into the mix at her father's request. However, you totally see how she now thinks her son is the PTWP and will likely do anything to see that out while Rhaenyra thinks her son is the one. I also want to see Daemon vs Aemond in the weeks ahead. It's clearly coming to that.
Joke's on both of them. Not only are they the wrong Aegons (I think by 3 Aegons in the family tree), but the correct Aegon doesn't even kill the Night King, as that was done by Arya.

After this episode I am more on Team Black. That said, Alicent has taken a lot of crap for this being all her fault and she is the usurper and a lot of fans are against her. Kind of disagree with that. Her son, depraved POS that he is, is the first-born son of the King. He should be heir to the throne. The only reason he's getting passed over is because the King is bucking tradition. If his first wife had born a son successfully Rhaenyra would have been passed over by her little brother. This is no different. Add in that if Rhaenyra does get the throne it will then pass to a bastard Strong. Unacceptable to many in the Realm.

The King set this all in motion by being soft. He should have not had such a soft spot for Rhaenyra and replaced her as heir with Aegon, the first-born son.

The conflict makes for great TV though.

After this episode I am more on Team Black. That said, Alicent has taken a lot of crap for this being all her fault and she is the usurper and a lot of fans are against her. Kind of disagree with that. Her son, depraved POS that he is, is the first-born son of the King. He should be heir to the throne. The only reason he's getting passed over is because the King is bucking tradition. If his first wife had born a son successfully Rhaenyra would have been passed over by her little brother. This is no different. Add in that if Rhaenyra does get the throne it will then pass to a bastard Strong. Unacceptable to many in the Realm.

The King set this all in motion by being soft. He should have not had such a soft spot for Rhaenyra and replaced her as heir with Aegon, the first-born son.

Yes, great tv. The scene of the King making his entrance was awesome. Certainly about to be a nasty war and if what we've seen so far is just the start it will be brutally entertaining.

Joke's on both of them. Not only are they the wrong Aegons (I think by 3 Aegons in the family tree), but the correct Aegon doesn't even kill the Night King, as that was done by Arya.
There are 4 Aegon Targaryens in the family tree since the conquest. King Viserys has a brother named Aegon. The name keeps coming back every generation.

Last edited:
The Prince that was promised is a prophecy about a future warrior that will end defeat the white walkers. He is supposed to be a child born of fire and ice. Rhaegar believed at first that he was that prince. Then later he changed his mind and believed that he would father that prince. He was married to a Martell, from the south of the continent, and had a few kids with her. But later "kidnapped" Lyanna Stark to have babies with her. Because he kidnapped her it led to Robert's rebellion and the eventual events of the GoT show/books ~15 years later. Jon Snow is the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar. The Targaryan blood representing fire and the Stark blood representing ice.

The prophecy talks about the prince that was promised being born among salt and smoke and beneath a bleeding star. The books reference a comet overhead when Rhaegar's first son was born. Jon Snow was born shortly after, likely meaning that the comet was still overhead and fulfilling the bleeding star part of the prophecy. Here's a whole wiki article that talks about the background of it from the book perspective.

So who in HotD are Rhaegar's ancestors?

• Haha
Reactions: JupiterHawk
Aemond could easily take how the whole generation at this point and call it a day, including his bro. I felt scared for the boys when they were practicing. Like seeing some mismatches in peewee football.

Next week is episode 9 so we should be seeing some shit hitting the fan.

FeHCnRVVEAAWGRb
I am renaming my penis "One-Eyed Aimin''"

Last edited:

All in all, Viserys seemed like a pretty good king, considering he was slowly dying from leprosy.

So who in HotD are Rhaegar's ancestors?
There aren't any winners of the Dance. It eventually just ends when most of the adult players die and a peace is negotiated. To your question, King Viserys is a direct ancestor. So is his daughter (with his first wife) Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra and Daemon's son Aegon (This is the child that Rhaenyra was pregnant with in the latest episode) eventually becomes King Aegon III. Viserys and Alicent's son Aegon(the guy jerking off in the window earlier this season) becomes King Aegon II first and has several kids with his sister wife(the girl that talks to the bugs). One of those daughters marries King Aegon III while they are both children as part of the peace negotiations ending the civil war. However that daughter kills herself and Aegon III remarries and has kids that eventually become Kings. Then they all die with no ancestors and Aegon III's brother becomes king and he has kids that eventually lead to the subsequent Targaryans like the Mad King, Rhaegar, Daenerys, etc.

Here's a good picture of it all. This includes the book characters. The TV show pulled out Jaehaerys II for some reason.
tmp_pXucCT_b4aa8406d2aeb6bb_POPSUGAR_House_of_Targaryen_Family_Tree.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad there will be 4 seasons, but this is absolutely hilarious.

"Yes, you shall require exactly 40 episodes to flesh out and tell the story that I've been too lazy to write for the past 15 years!" decrees the non-writing "author"

Give me a break, lol.
Different story than A Song of Ice and Fire…which yes, he hasn’t freaking finished yet!!

I forgot to mention the foot thing with Alicent and Larys.
Where did that come from? It seems new, but Alicent teased him up a bit as she took off the stockings, and when she turned away she knew he was going to town. Who even thinks that stuff up, and, how did Larys ever broach that subject with Alicent? Hey, your worship, I'm going to help you out by killing off my dad, brother, and anyone else you want, but I need to whack off to your feet.

Last edited:
Why the hell didn't she dragonbreath the entire hightower clan then and there? Obviously the only person that knows is GRRM but, wtf? With the post-episode previews/review, it's even more dumbfounding.

(feet are gross and if you whack off to feet, you're gross, too, just like Larys)

Reactions: pink shizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT