ADVERTISEMENT

How do you like your coffee?

They are. Cold brew is brewed with cold water. Iced coffee is brewed hot and poured over ice.
I've had coffee left in the pot I brewed that I just pour into a container and stick it in the fridge. Later in the afternoon drink it cold with ice and a splash of cream. Not sure if that is cold brew or iced coffee but it tastes fine to me.

If I want to cold brew something it's tea. Love iced tea too.

Reactions: Moral
If I heat cold brew in the microwave the next morning, does it lose the cold brew purpose/benefits?

The idea of drinking a cold cup of coffee at 4:15 every morning isn’t appealing to me.

Generally just black. Always locally roasted, usually out of convenience as opposed to some coffee snobbery. I maintain a batch of cold brew at all times and is what I usually have in the morning. It also mixes well with Fernet Menta for a much more refined version of a RBV.

If it's not cold brew, I do pour overs with a V60.

Thinking about getting into home espresso with a lever/manual machine, but haven't committed yet.

Usually black to not break fast but on the weekends sometimes I’ll throw in a tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk.

condensed-milk-coffee.jpg

I need some recommendations on how to prepare cold brew. I read online, and tried it once, that you just dump the grinds in the water and stick it in the fridge. When done you strain it into another container. Tried it, the straining part was too much work. Just as easy to brew a pot and stick it in the fridge. Adding a touch of cream to the iced coffee covers any bitterness anyways, which is the purpose of cold brew, to take away any bitterness.

Suggestions on a different cold brew technique?

I need some recommendations on how to prepare cold brew. I read online, and tried it once, that you just dump the grinds in the water and stick it in the fridge. When done you strain it into another container. Tried it, the straining part was too much work. Just as easy to brew a pot and stick it in the fridge. Adding a touch of cream to the iced coffee covers any bitterness anyways, which is the purpose of cold brew, to take away any bitterness.

Do you have a french press? That makes the straining easier. Also, several roaster make cold brew bags - like tea bags. One tip, the beans should be ground on course setting.

Do you have a french press? That makes the straining easier. Also, several roaster make cold brew bags - like tea bags. One tip, the beans should be ground on course setting.
I did grind on the coarsest setting. Do not have a french press. Will have to look into cold brew bags.

At home norm: medium roast drip with a splash of chocolate milk

From a stand/shop: Usually an Americano with a splash of cream

Nice Restaurant: Espresso/macchiato with creme brulee

I've been using this for a couple of years now: https://bluebottlecoffee.com/store/hario-cold-brew-bottle

Put the coarse grounds in the little mesh container, fill the bottle full of water, put in fridge, wait 14-24 hours. Pull the grounds out. Serve out of the same container. I sometimes dilute with water a little bit. I get 3/4 servings per bottle.

red7qn8e93h71ftu6wrh.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT