ADVERTISEMENT

How many trans people do you know personally?

I read your posts in other threads, man. It's not like you're hiding it.

You literally started a Lia Thomas thread within the last week.
that was a gag thread, but, what was transphobic about it?

I don't hate anybody, trans or whomever. And treat everyone with the same respect.

I just don't think we're understanding or handling the trans phenomenon correctly.

that was a gag thread, but, what was transphobic about it?

I don't hate anybody, trans or whomever. And treat everyone with the same respect.

I just don't think we're understanding or handling the trans phenomenon correctly.
Because you know that she's devisive among the anti-trans movement, and you know that its going to provoke people to bring out transphobic rhetoric. That isn't helping anyone, and it's doing more harm than good.

Even if its a gag thread, the only thing you said is "Not a woman."

You can have whatever views you'd like on if trans should be allowed in sporting events, but you made a thread to disparage her. If you truly treat everyone with the same respect, maybe start with Lia Thomas.

I know two. One was a high school classmate who transitioned some time after high school. Growing up he was Mike. I always knew he was different, mostly assumed he was gay. She now goes by Amy, which is how I've referred to her when we saw each other at our 30th & 40th class reunions.

The other is the youngest child of one of my nephews (the youngest child of my oldest sibling). Grew up as Fred, shortly after high school graduation began the transition to become Chloe. As with my old classmate, it was always pretty clear that he was not a straight male growing up; I wasn't overly surprised when I found out about the transition. I'm not bothered in the least, it does not impact or affect my life in any way. Some of my family, particularly one of my sisters, has had a bad time dealing with it and will not acknowledge the transition or the new name. In conversation with other family members and I, she'll refer to Chloe as "their youngest child" or sometimes still uses the male birth name. She's my sister, and I love her as a sister, but I am disgusted by her anti-gay, anti-trans, religion-driven attitudes.

2. Both family. I'm not going to share their story or how I feel about them because it's not positive and doesn't need to be said. Just to be clear, I have no issue with their life choices or what they chose to do with their bodies.

Casual acquaintance back in business grad school at Iowa. They were a faculty member at the time. Not sure if they are still on staff or not but the person was well known to be transgender at the time. Her family attempted to have her committed when she made it public.

Reactions: BrianNole777
You can be against men in women’s sports and not be transphobic
Unfortunately that level of nuance is too often missing from both sides. Still, if someone feels compelled out of the blue to post content about someone that hasn't competed at that level in over 2 years, I'm thinking they most likely have a problem with Transgender people in general.

As far as fully transitioned, there is a coworker in another office that I work with occasionally. I imagine there are others that I am unaware of.

I know two other acquaintances through common friends who have not undergone surgery (unsure on hormone) who dress and act as women, but not 24/7.

One from church.

Just talked to her this weekend actually.

I admit, I don't understand the transgender situations, but she's free to live her life however she wants.

I used to be one those that refused to use pronouns...I guess I'm just over being intentionally hurtful.

Heck, I would have transitioned just for the name upgrade.

I kid.

That part is actually kinda sad. My brother-in-law (the grandfather of Fred/Chloe) was Fred, Jr. He had one sibling, who had only girls, and he and my sister's first two children were girls. He was from the school of thought that it was important to keep the family name alive, and did so when their third child was born - a son, Fred III. That son repeated the process, having two girls, then finally a boy on the 3rd try, who was named Fred IV. Until...

Multiple. They are all great people. Why do you want to know OP? The obsession with this subject is very disturbing. Why not ask how many gays or blacks or Mexicans or Indians or so on and so forth? Why does it matter?
I don't think it's wrong to ask, and it's actually kind of nice to get a sense of how many people on this board have trans people in their life.

I'm also happy to noone giving away too much info or doxxing trans people. Their privacy is important.

I know two personally.

The most recent (announcement) was an employee on my team. I worked with them and HR to announce the change to the team. It was a few months of planning to ensure name changes and all updates were complete at the same time. Everyone already respected this person in the department, so it was no biggie after the announcement was made.

How does knowing their gender help you have something to talk about?
Well because I talk differently to different genders.
If it’s a male I can get into a conversation about sports or male type topics.
If it’s a female I can turn towards more female topics. But I suppose I’m terrible for doing that because I’m stereotyping

If it’s a female I can turn towards more female topics. But I suppose I’m terrible for doing that because I’m stereotyping
Sounds totally progressive.

Plus, how are you going to know if you can grab them by the pussy.

You meet a stranger in the elevator or checkout line and you base your conversation on their gender? Weather is always safe, the store or business your are in would work for all genders. I'm curious to know what "female" topics you discuss:
Taylor Swift, makeup, the latest rom com?

Reactions: Wendy79
Jesus. I talk to people regardless of gender the same. We all live the in the same world.

Multiple. They are all great people. Why do you want to know OP? The obsession with this subject is very disturbing. Why not ask how many gays or blacks or Mexicans or Indians or so on and so forth? Why does it matter?

Trans is the #1 culture war topic now.

Or close to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
2 in the family

My brother’s daughter, cut off her breasts, takes hormones, has a fuller beard than me now, and lives as a man now. Changed name from Nikki to Brandon. Growing up we assumed he was gay, he has a girlfriend. Nobody cares on my side of the family and is fine with it.

The wife’s brother decided a few years back that he was going to dress as a woman and change his name to Sarah. This guy is mentally ill.

Faked cancer, his ex fiancé told us about that. Then he said he had Body Identity Disorder. He said his legs did not feel like they were his. He bought leg braces and a wheel chair. Even got a doctor to give him a handicap sticker. He looked into flying out of the country to have a doctor amputate his legs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his legs. Especially since now he says he runs 5ks. Around this time his fiancé left him. He then moved to LA, and decided now that he is a woman. Quit his $300,000 a year job, plans on suing them for discrimination. He also has says now that he’s trans human, he’s superior in every way to us mere mortals.

The wife refuses to talk to him, mainly because he’s a crazy psycho and made some inappropriate comments about our daughter. We and every other relative on my wife’s side refuse to have anything to do with him anymore. The wife’s mom is the only one who will interact with him anymore.

2 in the family

My brother’s daughter, cut off her breasts, takes hormones, has a fuller beard than me now, and lives as a man now. Changed name from Nikki to Brandon. Growing up we assumed he was gay, he has a girlfriend. Nobody cares on my side of the family and is fine with it.
So a female with a female. Yep, that is a same-sex relationship, so gay was a correct assumption.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT