ADVERTISEMENT

How much time do you spend in meetings on a weekly basis?

How much time are you in meetings every week?

• > 2 hrs

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • 2-5 hrs

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 5-10 hrs

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • 10-15 hrs

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 15-20 hrs

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • > 20 hrs

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

swagsurfer02

HR King
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
Some people have a shit ton of unread emails in their inbox. I don’t get it, but you do you boo boo.

My emails stack up when I’m either traveling or in meetings (usually face to face). How much time would you wager you spend in meetings every week.

I took a leadership role about 18 months ago. It was f'ing miserable as most days were from 7:30 - 4:30.

The worst part they were all 30 or 60 mins meetings. I finally put a "Daily Refresh" hour from noon - 1PM as a reoccurring meeting so people would stop scheduling over my lunch hour.

We had some executives leave the organization. New execs have really done a good job of curtailing those all day meetings, thankfully. It was a nightmare

Probably 3ish hours on average. 1-2 hours of internal meetings, and an hour or two with a random client.

I could work 60 hours a week doing meetings, email, and DMs. I used to to be an engineer. Now..I am more like a help desk where I started. It's 100 on company outsourcing work and eliminating experience. I spend 50 percent of my day helping the people hired to fill in for the people they eliminated.

The company saves a shit ton of money. But they ignore the effect it has. They still expect us to focus on development and process improvement even tho the work load has shifted to support of our support.

I used to fight it but if you're going to pay me to meet, whatever

I've always thought that Outlook should have a button that takes the midrange salary for the people invited to the meeting and asks you Is this meeting worth $3,000? or whatever a half hour with the invited parties would be before you click to send the invite.

Reactions: TennNole17
Holy crap. We have meetings to discuss what we heard at the previous meeting.

Trying to actually DO all the stuff we talk about doing at the meetings is the hard part. Because we're never done with the meetings!

• Love
Reactions: seminoleed
Meetings with potential clients= 30-40 hrs a wk.
Meeting within the company= an hr every other Thursday morning.

Might meet with a new client once per week, might have an annual training. Average an hour or less per week.

I worked for a company 15 years ago where we would have meetings just in order to determine how many more meetings we would have in a week.

What a zoo. We never got anything accomplished.

Some people have a shit ton of unread emails in their inbox. I don’t get it, but you do you boo boo.

My emails stack up when I’m either traveling or in meetings (usually face to face). How much time would you wager you spend in meetings every week.
Towards the end of my military career I had around 3 hrs of meetings a day. Had a squadron maintenance meeting to get ready for the group meeting to get ready for the wing meeting. :(

I have been struggling with this a lot lately. It's not uncommon to have 6-8 meetings per day. It's suffocating. I finally declared a hiatus from all non-essential meetings so that I can get some work done.

Depending on the week, I would say I have 2 full days of meetings each week ( call that 15 hours) minimum.

Last edited:
10-15 hours, mix of client facing and internal. I'd say of that, half I 'participate' in or lead, half I'm listening (doing other things)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT