ADVERTISEMENT

How's Keegan Doing?

Kings @ Celtics tonight @ 6:30 PM on NBA TV. The great teams generally take care of business at home. Celts have lost only three home games this season. A player who would fit nicely with what the Kings need at the shooting guard position, would be Derrick White, who was traded in 2022 by the Spurs. Go Keegan!

Kings lose to the probable NBA Champion Celtics 101-100, Keegan with a 10 Pt, 10 reb double-double. He also had 4 ast, a steal, and a block.

Other Keegan stats:

42 min (of 48 possible)

2-10 (20%) from 3
2-5 (40%) from 2
4-15 (27%) overall shooting

0-0 FTs

10 Points
11 Rebounds (4 offensive)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Kings take down Brooklyn 107-77. Keegan with 19 pts, 6 rebs, 4 blocks, and 4 assists.
one GIF

• Wow
Looking that way.
1 game back of the Suns who finish with Clippers twice, Kings once and T-Wolves once. That is 4 playoff teams.
1 game back of the Pels who finish with Lakers, Warriors, Kings and Blazers. 3 playoff teams though 2 are play-in teams, they've been 2 of the hotter teams recently.

Kings finish with Thunder, Pelicans, Suns and Trailblazers. Pretty tough schedule but I think they may kind of control their destiny since they play both teams immediately ahead of them. Still a chance they could sneak into the 6th spot.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Another disappointing loss as the Kings fall to OKC. Kings had as much as a 20 point lead during the game, demonstrating why they will not be in the playoffs. Keegan with 15 points, 10 rebs, and 2 assists.

Another disappointing loss as the Kings fall to OKC. Kings had as much as a 20 point lead during the game, demonstrating why they will not be in the playoffs. Keegan with 15 points, 10 rebs, and 2 assists.

The Kings led by 19 points at halftime (64-45), too.

The Kings then got outscored by 26 points (67-41) in the 2nd half.

I just don't get this team.

Other Keegan stats:

38 min (of 48 possible)

3-10 (30%) from 3
2-6 (33%) from 2
5-16 (31%) overall shooting

2-2 (100%) FTs

15 Points
10 Rebounds (3 offensive)

0 Turnovers
0 Fouls

The Kings led by 19 points at halftime (64-45), too.

The Kings then got outscored by 26 points (67-41) in the 2nd half.

I just don't get this team.

Other Keegan stats:

38 min (of 48 possible)

3-10 (30%) from 3
2-6 (33%) from 2
5-16 (31%) overall shooting

2-2 (100%) FTs

15 Points
10 Rebounds (3 offensive)

0 Turnovers
0 Fouls
The Kings shot 58 3 pointers and made 20 for 34.5% for the game. They were late on some closeouts, and turned the ball over 17 times. This has been a troubling pattern for them all season. Giving up big leads and inconsistent play on both ends of the floor. When the 3's are dropping, they have a good chance. When they're not, well... live by the 3, die by the 3.

Losing Malik Monk has really hurt them. Keegan trying to pick up the slack but with hefty defensive assignments he’s still learning to balance the workload.

The kings are one player away from a contender and need to add athleticism at the G/SF position or maybe a more athletic C/PF they can pair with Sabonis because he has some limitations on offense and defense.

Losing Malik Monk has really hurt them. Keegan trying to pick up the slack but with hefty defensive assignments he’s still learning to balance the workload.

The kings are one player away from a contender and need to add athleticism at the G/SF position or maybe a more athletic C/PF they can pair with Sabonis because he has some limitations on offense and defense.
100%

Reactions: LUC8
Huge game tonight! Kings have struggled against the Pelicans who are riding a 4 game road win streak. They have no answer for Zion so hopefully he has an off night but they do have a little help in that Brandon Ingram is out and he scored 30 pts last game against them. I expect a bounce back performance from Kings but this might be a toss up and come down to the wire.

Huge game tonight! Kings have struggled against the Pelicans who are riding a 4 game road win streak. They have no answer for Zion so hopefully he has an off night but they do have a little help in that Brandon Ingram is out and he scored 30 pts last game against them. I expect a bounce back performance from Kings but this might be a toss up and come down to the wire.
The most aggravating thing to me is having to put up with Alvarado's chirping.

The most aggravating thing to me is having to put up with Alvarado's chirping.

The Pelicans need this game tonight to help stay at the #6 seed and stay out of the Play in Tournament (Seeds 7-10). Phoenix, at #7, is just a 1/2 game behind New Orleans.

Imagine if the Kings hadn't blown 13 double digit leads this season. Instead of their current #8 seed they'd probably be looking at the #4 or #5 seed.

Instead, if the playoffs started right now, just 2 of these 4 teams would make it:
#7 Phoenix
#8 Sacramento
#9 LA Lakers
#10 Golden State

No worries about that tonight. They're down by 20 late in the first quarter lol.

Is Mike Brown taking much heat from the Sacramento media?

This season has been a huge disappointment.

Last year the Kings were the #3 seed in the Western Conference; this year they will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Last year the Kings were the #3 seed in the Western Conference; this year they will be lucky to make the playoffs.

My brother in law is a huge kings fan and a couple weeks ago he said the kings record was better this year than last year. I was surprised. Now they are on a bit of a skid after Monk went out but…if thry can string a few wins together. Monk and Huerter both out. Ugh.

This year: 45-34
Last year: 48-31 (they lost 3 in a row after)

I would say some of the media, meaning, who asks the hard questions and who doesn't. The opposition has the Kings' offense figured out, so they aren't taking teams by surprise this year. Last year, the Kings' offense was top rated and this year it's fallen off, even though their defense has improved.

My brother in law is a huge kings fan and a couple weeks ago he said the kings record was better this year than last year.
The reason in large part, is that the Western Conference teams aren't taken by surprise this year. And, on top of that, many of the teams made moves either in the off-season or by the Trade Deadline. They improved their rosters, while Monte McNair decided to stand pat with the Kings.

I would say some of the media, meaning, who asks the hard questions and who doesn't. The opposition has the Kings' offense figured out, so they aren't taking teams by surprise this year. Last year, the Kings' offense was top rated and this year it's fallen off, even though their defense has improved.

The reason in large part, is that the Western Conference teams aren't taken by surprise this year. And, on top of that, many of the teams made moves either in the off-season or by the Trade Deadline. They improved their rosters, while Monte McNair decided to stand pat with the Kings.

it will be interesting to see how Minnesota does. KAT has been fully cleared and has returned to practice.

it will be interesting to see how Minnesota does. KAT has been fully cleared and has returned to practice.
Nothing against KAT, but if he goes back into the starting lineup, that may have an effect on the starters. They've been playing well without KAT, and a rusty version of him could hurt them a bit. Could disrupt their chemistry.

Just a comment from earlier where I talked about the lack of making moves in the offseason or by the Trade Deadline by McNair. The West got better and the Kings did not.

Nothing against KAT, but if he goes back into the starting lineup, that may have an effect on the starters. They've been playing well without KAT, and a rusty version of him could hurt them a bit. Could disrupt their chemistry.

Just a comment from earlier where I talked about the lack of making moves in the offseason or by the Trade Deadline by McNair. The West got better and the Kings did not.
Yes, I did not mention that the rest of the west is much better this year. Kings did not make moves or at least big enough ones. Need better depth.

The Kings (45-35) lost at home to New Orleans (48-32), 135-123.

New Orleans won all 5 games this season vs the Kings. Incredible.

De'Aaron Fox led the Kings in scoring with 33 followed by Harrison Barnes with 22, Keegan with 19 and Sabonis with 18.

Keegan's stats:

36 min (of 48 possible)

5-10 (50%) from 3
1-4 (25%) from 2
6-14 (43%) overall shooting

2-2 (100%) FTs

19 Points
5 Rebounds (2 offensive)
1 Assist
2 Steals

0 Blocks

0 Turnovers
3 Fouls

Last edited:
With 2 games to go, this is how the Play in Tournament looks:

#7 seed (47-33) Phoenix
#8 seed (45-35) Sacramento
#9 seed (45-35) Golden State
#10 seed (45-35) LA Lakers

Western Conference as of now:
  • #8 Kings at #7 Suns (winner gets 7 seed)
  • #10 Lakers at #9 Warriors (loser enters Draft Lottery)
  • Winner 9/10 vs loser 7/8 (winner gets 8 seed) (loser enters Draft Lottery)

Last edited:
C'mon Kings...cling to #8 seed so you get 2 bites in play-in round!

I know the drama is orchestrated with play-in concept but it does make the last week of season interesting.
Bulls clinched #9 seed in East last nite so they will host Hawks next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT