ADVERTISEMENT

I’m swimming in the Kool-aid

Oh god this is not good. LOVED the defensive effort from this team tonight. This might be the best defensive team Fran has ever had.

Perkins is a fantastic 2 way player, Kris is a star, Rebraca is the ultimate role player, Ulis is a reliable Guard that EXCELS on defense, Sandfort will be inconsistent but he will have his gun games, Connor is Connor, Patrick is a good #3 guy, and Fran kept to a short bench!
Rebounding is going to be a concern. We lack beef but make it up with quickness and versatility. This team will get after it and can adjust. That SH team was supposed to be a defensive juggernaut and we put 83 on them. Key will be to keep Filip out of foul trouble since there does not appear to be much behind him with Mulvey and Josh O not playing. Thought Josh especially should have gotten some minutes to add beef underneath but I do like that Fran went with a short bench overall.

I won't mention any names, but our guard court is so much better defensively, and that has been the missing piece the past few years.

Two questions remain: Will we be able to defend traditional big men? Can we hold our own on the boards?

If we find a way to solve those riddles, this team may have a higher ceiling than last year.
I am sure against those bigger front lines, we will see Josh O for at least 6-8 minutes a game. He wasn't needed tonight against SH but will be counted on I am sure against teams like Purdue and Michigan.

Defense travels, and Iowa has Kris and a bunch of other guys who can score. The lack of depth at 4/5 could hurt us at times. We need Kris and Rebraca on the floor at least 50 min between them, preferably more. Hope Mulvey wakes up soon.

Last edited:
People still bagging on Bohannon, even after he's gone.

deadhorse-lol.gif

Combined with all those who are/were furious about his social media shenanigans, he's now living rent free in your headspace.

People still bagging on Bohannon, even after he's gone.

deadhorse-lol.gif

Combined with all those who are/were furious about his social media shenanigans, he's now living rent free in your headspace.
I think everyone is just pointing out an obvious improvement to the team. Jbo was a great hawk but he had his weaknesses which hurt us and this team has improved immensely on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT