ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t see it…this season is just a rinse and repeat of previous seasons…staring down the barrel of 13+ losses.

I don’t know that I would call Iowa basketball a garbage program, but it does seem like Iowa is always the whitest team on the floor. I don’t know how much it matters these days, but back in the day the whitest team on the floor was almost always going to lose the game. I’m not trying to be stereotypical, but at the same time there’s a reason some stereotypes exist.

Maybe Fran needs to stop recruiting Iowa high school players so hard and venture out to the big cities?
They exist because they're true.

I DGAF where he gets kids, he needs to start preaching defense. What a joke.

They exist because they're true.

I DGAF where he gets kids, he needs to start preaching defense. What a joke.
Fran is to defense what the Ferentzes are to offense.

Hard to fathom how each of them continues to be just dreadful year in and year out at their respective achilles heels.

It’s surpassed the point of being ridiculous.

The whole Big Ten has to be down to MAC level for this team to achieve anything. Embarrassing lack of talent.
Yeah, it would probably be better for your mental health to try and find something else to focus on this winter.

Haha, I’ve been telling you guys this for years. He’s not a good coach. Guard play is always an issue as is defense and rebounding. Way too much PMac.

That said, I will try to enjoy this year because I see promise in some players and I think the B1G is not very good outside of a few teams (Purdue, MSU maybe, Illinois barf) so who knows what might happen?

Same song, 15th verse. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Fran and Hawks are what they are. Why would anyone expect anything different?
I agree thus far and I think the defensive philosophy is if you get beat do not recover and take a foul just let them have a dunk contest or wide open 3 atleast that is how the upper class men play

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
You have seen the rest of the conference this year right? We’re a top 5 team at a minimum. No mulligan needed. If Bowen can continue to play like this we’re going to be a solid team.
Not., we look like the Vienna boys choir. Play defense like it too. Will have 5 losses or more before the new year. 4 letter word for Iowa BB. Yawn.

• Haha
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
The program isn’t trash, it’s just sort of suck in the same spot. Fran no doubt has been better overall than Alford and Lick but Iowa is what it is.
I agree with this. Fran isn't what I would call a good coach. But, I also wouldn't call him a bad coach.

In my view he is an average coach. We will win a few games we probably shouldn't. And lose a few we shouldn't. Then, in the tourny, which we will make more often than not, our lack of talent and Fran's coaching weaknesses will show up.

Like I said, an average coach.

Johnny Orr did pretty well starting 5 white guys but was certainly the exception.
At least at ISU, Orr did actually get one team to the Sweet 16 (1986) but other than that, he only got one team past the NCAA first round. 6 NCAA trips in 14 years. Meh.

He had better success at Michigan, but I'm understating the obvious that recruiting grounds are a little more fertile up there.

Your posts are rinse and repeat. Always focus on the negative. You must have a very miserable life.
But, I’m always right. I was right about this shitty team in November. I see reality and this team has no chance with its lack of talent.

But, I’m always right. I was right about this shitty team in November. I see reality and this team has no chance with its lack of talent.
You aren’t always right. You predicted we’d beat no one this year. It was definitely a down year but we competed and had a shot at the tourney till the very end. I’m disappointed in our last two games but I’m still a fan of Iowa basketball.

With respect to Iowa basketball you lead a very miserable existence. I notice you quit posting while we went on a hot streak and now here you are again after a couple losses. I’m very glad I’m not you. Hopefully you find joy somewhere in your life. Go become a fan of a team that’s never had a down year.

Pathetic.

Why is Fran so damn opposed to ever playing defense? Nothing is ever going to change, ever.
Old saying...."You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" or "...make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t".
It's just really hard to play good on-ball defense if you have trouble keeping the ball in front of you one-on-one. Perkins is ok, Harding so-so, but the rest really struggle w/ this. Too many guys that can't change directions or move as fast as those they're trying to guard while also having a shooter's mentality.

Old saying...."You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" or "...make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t".
It's just really hard to play good on-ball defense if you have trouble keeping the ball in front of you one-on-one. Perkins is ok, Harding so-so, but the rest really struggle w/ this. Too many guys that can't change directions or move as fast as those they're trying to guard while also having a shooter's mentality.
They're athletic enough to do so, it's just not cared about by the staff enough to make players care.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT