ADVERTISEMENT

I guess now is a good time to tell my Mark Perry story...

Great Story! I remember my days in Bettendorf Iowa at Champions Gym! I just gotta add that "the land of Miletich and Lawler" really undersells the historic fight factory that was Miletich Fighting Systems. I think it should be "the land of Pat Miletich, Robbie Lawler, Jens Pulver, Matt Hughes, Jeremy Horn, Tim Sylvia, Barb Honchak, Nate Schroeder, Sam Hoger, Bart Palaszewski, Ben Rothwell, Brad Imes, Spencer Fisher, Josh Neer, Rory Markham, Mike Whitehead, Mike Ciesnolevicz, Drew McFedries, Corey Hill, Jason Black, Jesse Lennox, Laverne Clark, Sherman Pendergarst, Justin Eilers, LC Davis, Joe Pearson, and MANY more phenomenal athletes and fighters!

You're absolutely right. And I don't mean to undersell anything. In fact I know or have met many of those guys. Particularly McFedries whom I played ball with at B-dorf and for a year at Ambrose as well. McFredries was a stud. Love that guy. He was my tailback. I remember I was at the Palms one time, standing out of my cab talking to another cabbie when I heard somebody yelling my last name off in the distance. I turned around and looked everywhere and didn't see anything. It was very weird because no one around here calls me by my last time. I heard it again, and third time. I was freakin out kinda. And then freakin Drew rolled up on my six. It was great to see him. He had a fight there that weekend. If memory serves he just trucked somebody. Good times.

Reactions: Gobblin
LVCabChronicles: You know, IAChief32, I met Mark Perry once.
IAChief32: You lyin'. You ain't never met Mark Perry .
LVCabChronicles: Yeah, I met Mark Perry in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee. I walkin' down the street minding my own business, just walking on. Feelin' good. I walk around the corner, a man walk up, hit me in my chest, right. I fall on the ground, right. And I look up and it's Mark Perry . I said 'Mr. Perry?' and he said 'Ooops, I thought you were some body else.'
IAChief32: Oh man, you lyin'. You ain't never met Mark Perry.
LVCabChronicles: Knocked the wind out of me, yes he did.
IAChief32: No, he didn't.
LVCabChronicles: Yes, he did.
IAChief32: No, he did not!
Coming to America....classic

good call :)

Mind absolutely mind blown right now... A mutual friend here in the QC hooked me up with you a few years back when I came out with a bachelor party... You picked me up at the Flamingo and gave me ride our first night in town... I called you for a few more rides that weekend. Our friend graduated from Assumption in the early 90s.

Such a tiny world man... Hope you are well and we can hook up again next time I'm in town!

Last edited:
Mind absolutely mind blown right now... A mutual friend here in the QC hooked me up with you a few years back when I came out with a bachelor party... You picked me up at the Flamingo and gave me ride our first night in town... I called you for a few more rides that weekend. Our friend graduated from Assumption in the early 90s.

Such a tiny world man... Hope you are well and we can hook up again next time I'm in town!

Gabe, right? That is wild man. I was trying to figure out how you could've possibly known my name. It's a small world indeed, when you're a wrestling fan. Good on you for putting that together. I went digging in my phone and actually have your number saved lol

Hey LV...I'm heading Vegas on Sunday. I MUST find you.

Yeah man let's do it. I'd be glad to meet ya. I'll be working on Sunday and all week too, from 4pm daily. All you have to do is get at me about 15min before you need a lift and I'll come and grab ya. If it's good enough for Mark Perry it's good enough for you too, I suspect.

I'm trying to figure out how to send you a private message here and I'll give you my number but I'll be damned if I can figure that out for some reason...

Reactions: Jaybird319
Gabe, right? That is wild man. I was trying to figure out how you could've possibly known my name. It's a small world indeed, when you're a wrestling fan. Good on you for putting that together. I went digging in my phone and actually have your number saved lol

OK now we need some more stories...please elaborate on the establishments you picked up and dropped off Mr Gobblin!

Haha! Indeed... I called RJ last night and asked if he knew of your twitter. He, of course, did. Oh the conversations we missed out on that weekend... I, too, still have your number in my phone... Hope to make it back out soon and I'll be certain to get ahold of ya. Take good care pal.

OK now we need some more stories...please elaborate on the establishments you picked up and dropped off Mr Gobblin!

What happens in LVs cab, stays in LVs cab... Ill say this, it was unequivocally, thee wildest weekend of my life... And that's really saying something when you spend weekends like I do. ; )

...We talked wrestling the entire way there and when his wife said she would go into the store and he and I could hang out in the cab. Usually these rides are fleeting. The crap ones last too long and the great ones never last long enough. But this was very different. For the next hour, I kid you not, Mark Perry and I sat in my cab and talked about wrestling and MMA. I won't go into every detail but we went through it all. We even got into the Lee and Mejia situation. One thing I was dying to ask him was a thought I had the night Robbie Lawler defeated Johnny Hendrix for the World Championship. I recall that night thinking, 'you know who must have enjoyed that? Mark Perry'. That thought literally crossed my mind and here I was with the opportunity to ask the man himself. He said he was very happy for Lawler but he made a point of saying that he carried no ill will of Hendrix. I thought that was very classy. If there was ever a time to be frank about it, that woulda been it. But he was very cordial. One thing is for sure, however, he IS a talker. I would ask one question and he would carry on for a long time. But what am I going to do? Interrupt Mark Perry? Hell no. I don't even know what I'm talking about. It was all my pleasure.

His wife finally returned and I had them back to Mandalay in no time. I mentioned we could do it again tomorrow for the main event and sure enough they contacted me the following night for a ride to and from the fight. After that fight let out there must been 1k people standing in the cab line at Monte Carlo and not a cab in sight. I pulled up with my doors locked and the doorman and security guards were furious at me for just driving by and not picking any one up. I parked and stood out of my cab for a moment while I pulled my phone out to call him. A minute latter they emerged from the crowd and climbed into my backseat. Surely every person in line who witnessed said, "who the F are these people we've been waiting here forever?!" That's Mark Perry. 2 Time National Champ. And he won't be waiting in any cab lines as long as I'm around. - The End

That is frik'n awesome dude, but you never finished the story....what did his wife buy at WalMart that was so important to make a late night trip for?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT