ADVERTISEMENT

I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!

BULLSHIT, The republican party died and was buried a decade ago, and replaced with a religious Conservative party. Their problem is they keep moving further right, without the support of the voters.

Agreed to disagree. I do think there are PLENTY of true conservatives who have just been shouted down by the MAGA / Trump extremists (and the TeaParty before). And it does't mean they won't try to rebrand back to more center to keep the GOP name and clout (see my original comment). There are many who are still involved and those kicked out (Liz, Romney, etc) may try to bring back an older version. It will be interesting where the party goes Post Trump. We won't know until Nov 7 at best. There is no way the election winner is agreed to on the Nov 6 evening.

Last edited:
I’m not convinced the fundamentalists just go away. They’re the poison of the party and a significant portion of the MAGA movement.
Think we’ll need to buckle up for the foreseeable future.
As an amateur prognosticator, I don’t see it going well.
I think there's a decent chance that post trump the party fractures. The christian nationalists and the old school conservatives. Who knows which side will prevail.

There is such a structural advantage to the Republican and Democratic parties, it is much more difficult for a 3rd party to rise up. You would need a dynamic leader, who could pull in several candidates from each side of the aisle and either get over 33% or close to it. You would have divided government like we have never seen, ultimately 1 of the parties would be dissolved into the other 2.

How I envision Trump posting that message:

93og8n.jpg

BULLSHIT, The republican party died and was buried a decade ago, and replaced with a religious Conservative party. Their problem is they keep moving further right, without the support of the voters.

The religious conservatives took over the GOP way back in the 1970s and 1980s, especially in the South after the Civil Rights movement.

I don't think so. I think the republicans will split but not flee to a 3rd party.
They won't. They control so many states, and the Congress is basically 50/50. They are a whisker away from the WH again. Why change course?
This is who they are.

My question would be why would YOU vote Republican in the next twenty years? The party is a f'n shit show of obsequious, craven, Trump ass-kissers who will suffer any humiliation to keep a hold on power.
My OP called for a hard reset. Which means new leadership, new direction. But I don’t see that happening. It’s quite possible I won’t vote R for the next 20 years either. I haven’t for the last decade plus.

What’s a pro-choice, supporter of smaller govt, weed smoking, America first, smaller defense spending, antiwar, lower spending and taxes, pro strong border and tighter immigration voter supposed to do?

I sure as hell am not in on the direction of the Democrat party. The Republicans are a fvcking embarrassing disaster. The point of my original reply was, until the R party eradicates MAGA, I won’t even consider going back. I’ll continue to vote D.

Anyone else think the blast on Swift, and the nutty Springfield, OH, stuff was generated to get the attention away from Trump's disastrous performance against Kamala Harris last Tuesday? It isn't a better story for him, well, racism in Ohio works for him, but it seems like he went out of his way to generate stories in order to turn the talk away from his feeble, confused performance?

Reactions: BelemNole
I probably won't

They've gone full-potato.
They literally vote against any legislation that's good for Americans, simply because Democrats support it.
Then, they turn around and try to take credit for the positive outcomes from said legislation.

They only want "power" - they have zero interest in governance. The ones that do want to do the heavy lifting to govern on behalf of average Americans are a very small minority. They also have zero interest in holding their own accountable for grifting and criming - quite literally how they've ended up where they now are.
We rarely agree Joe, but on this we most certainly do.

Taylor was okay as a country singer, but now that she’s gone 100% pop, autotune, crap, her music is as vacuous and boring as the people who listen to it.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Taylor was okay as a country singer, but now that she’s gone 100% pop, autotune, crap, her music is as vacuous and boring as the people who listen to it.
One thing about staying at the top is evolving your music over time. She's done a really good job staying ahead of the trends. I wouldn't necessarily say she's auto-tuned, but heavily pop produced.

She wouldn't be nearly as influential as she is if she stayed country.

I like her collabs. She makes good music with The National, Bon Iver, Florence and the Machine, etc.

Isn't country music as a whole "vacuous and boring"?
I'm glad she's kind of moved on from Ed Sheeran toward Haim and The National. I tend to gravitate more toward her indie/folk singer/songwriter stuff. Evermore and Folklore were right in my wheelhouse.

Reactions: shiphappens
I like her collabs. She makes good music with The National, Bon Iver, Florence and the Machine, etc.

Isn't country music as a whole "vacuous and boring"?
Music is a matter of taste. However:

Country music is made for simplistic, common audiences.

Contemporary music is made for the more sophisticated culture which can morph into levels of genre. Hence - contemporary.

Music is a matter of taste. However:

Country music is made for simplistic, common audiences.

Contemporary music is made for the more sophisticated culture which can morph into levels of genre. Hence - contemporary.
An opinion is a personal belief, view, or judgment about something that is not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. It reflects an individual's perspective or interpretation of a subject, and it can vary widely from one person to another. Unlike facts, which are objective and verifiable, opinions are subjective and shaped by personal experiences, values, or emotions.

Last edited:
Reactions: funksouljon
First thing my wife said, “Now she will need even MORE security.” Trump knows exactly what he did by posting that. F all of you that would vote for him.
You 2 sound perfect for each other. And 2 grown adults having a TSwift convo makes me giggle. Get some Nugenix and enjoy that Hotel Room Chair later. I’m embarrassed for you Comrade and you support Ana defend the below lololololololololol lululululululululz

An opinion is a personal belief, view, or judgment about something that is not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. It reflects an individual's perspective or interpretation of a subject, and it can vary widely from one person to another. Unlike facts, which are objective and verifiable, opinions are subjective and shaped by personal experiences, values, or emotions.

Fine. I expressed mine.

• Love
Reactions: alaskanseminole
You 2 sound perfect for each other. And 2 grown adults having a TSwift convo makes me giggle. Get some Nugenix and enjoy that Hotel Room Chair later. I’m embarrassed for you Comrade and you support Ana defend the below lololololololololol lululululululululz

What's the difference in what you're being fed by FoxNews?

I’m 100% positive you will never forgive or forget. Your not very subtle expressing how you really feel.
I, personally, can forgive but no one is really sorry. They just keep going deeper down the rabbit hole. Hell, Trump personally attacks many of these people's spouses(Cruz and Haley) and they still support and endorse him.

The Republican base literally worships the man. They aren't moving on from him anytime soon.

The Republican base literally worships the man. They aren't moving on from him anytime soon.
I've said this on here before. He owns the party until he decides not to. If he loses this election, he'll be in the news for at least the next 2-3 years claiming he won it and throwing a temper tantrum like a bitch child. Rinse and repeat until he's dead.

And the Republican party deserves every single goddamn second of it.

I've said this on here before. He owns the party until he decides not to. If he loses this election, he'll be in the news for at least the next 2-3 years claiming he won it and throwing a temper tantrum like a bitch child. Rinse and repeat until he's dead.

If he loses this election and if (probably more like when) he runs for election in 2028, Rs will nominate him again in a landslide. His base among Republicans is way too strong.

I think he fades fast after the election. There’s no way he will run again. He’ll be a fart in the wind soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT