ADVERTISEMENT

If Moore is the new Head Coach at Michigan

NW and Indiana didn't want him. Badger site states he doesn't like to recruit. He's also a practical joker in an odd way. I think they will pass like everyone else has.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
@doughuddl2 you're either not following this search at all or are seriously twisting this to make Iowa look good. Chryst withdrew his name from consideration. This' not a secret. What you're implying is the classic miss on a recruit and people say "we withdrew our offer' or "we passed on him for another recruit" scenario. Which is not what happened at all and is a delusional lie

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
@doughuddl2 you're either not following this search at all or are seriously twisting this to make Iowa look good. Chryst withdrew his name from consideration. This' not a secret. What you're implying is the classic miss on a recruit and people say "we withdrew our offer' or "we passed on him for another recruit" scenario. Which is not what happened at all and is a delusional lie
There are rumors out there that his wife didn't want to move knowing that he is going for a head coaching job and would have to turn around and move again in possibly 1 or 2 years. Is that KF's fault if true?

There are rumors out there that his wife didn't want to move knowing that he is going for a head coaching job and would have to turn around and move again in possibly 1 or 2 years. Is that KF's fault if true?
Yep just rumors. Nothing from either KF or PC that any of this is true. Just some rumor posted by an unnamed source and then reposted and reposted etc.

And then the BS starts from all the ones with an agenda that want to push out their negativity about Iowa.

I thought I read Harbaugh was taking his whole staff with him the the Bolts
I whole heartedly believe Moore is our next coach. According to state hiring rules in Michigan, we have to keep the job opening up for 7 days until the position can be filled. I expect on the 8th day Moore will be the next head coach at UM. With that said it'll be interesting to see what coaches stay and which ones follow Jim. If it's Moore hopefully it lessen the blow of the mass transfer exodus that will inevitably happen soon.

KF alluded
I whole heartedly believe Moore is our next coach. According to state hiring rules in Michigan, we have to keep the job opening up for 7 days until the position can be filled. I expect on the 8th day Moore will be the next head coach at UM. With that said it'll be interesting to see what coaches stay and which ones follow Jim. If it's Moore hopefully it lessen the blow of the mass transfer exodus that will inevitably happen soon.
With what is coming down from the NCAA, Michigan might be wise to not keep anyone from that staff.

Reactions: Underscore2
Again, I ask....Did Iowa pass on him?

Are you then assuming Iowa offered?

Again, I ask....Did Iowa pass on him?
I heard one version that indicated that Chryst kept asking Iowa for more time, and eventually Iowa (or both sides) decided it was best to move on. Obviously, that doesn't exactly align with the "Chryst turned Iowa down" narrative which has also been reported. You can decide for yourself what version is most credible. No way to be 100% certain of anything.

Reactions: doughuddl2
I heard one version that indicated that Chryst kept asking Iowa for more time, and eventually Iowa (or both sides) decided it was best to move on. Obviously, that doesn't exactly align with the "Chryst turned Iowa down" narrative which has also been reported. You can decide for yourself what version is most credible. No way to be 100% certain of anything.
Chryst wanted more time but Iowa was impatient and wanted to move on.

That’s funny.

Reactions: dadster
Can they not name an interim? Even for 7 days?

Withdrawing your name from CONSIDERATION is not assuming anyone offered. It just means he WAS a candidate and now he is not by HIS own removal.
Exactly. Which means there is no reason to feel Iowa would have picked him anyway.

Withdrawing your name from CONSIDERATION is not assuming anyone offered. It just means he WAS a candidate and now he is not by HIS own removal.
Did KF or PC say he was in consideration for the OC job and/or that he withdrew his name? genuinely asking. I will say that unless it came directly from one of those two guys, we all literally have zero idea of what is rumor vs potentially true.

I'm hearing a lot about Kevin Johns coming to Iowa now. Like, they are really close to a deal. I would think that is about as good of a hire as could possibly happen if it is true.
Would be a great hire imo. At least one that Id be optimistic about. For some reason a Paul Chryst would have sort felt like a Greg Davis situation. A bit of a retread with an already known ceiling. Don’t get me wrong, PC would have been a huge upgrade and probably done very well based on his offensive style/history. But I tend to lean toward someone with potential upside - even if it’s unknown - that might inject a little energy into the program. And I really like that John’s has shown consistency within multiple programs with increasing responsibilities/promos within. Meaning he’s “owned” the results vs guys that bounce around.

Moore is no Jim Harbaugh. They are going to take a major step back.
He will be gone in 4 years.
Wait and see.
We get a good OC and maintain the D we will be beating them again in a year or two provided we play them.
Jmo
Love him or hate him, Harbaugh is the real deal.

Moore is no Jim Harbaugh. They are going to take a major step back.
He will be gone in 4 years.
Wait and see.
We get a good OC and maintain the D we will be beating them again in a year or two provided we play them.
Jmo
Love him or hate him, Harbaugh is the real deal.
I agree. Moore is the obvious choice for a few reasons. First he’s the sentimental favorite. Second he’s demonstrated the ability when Harbaugh was suspended. Third he keeps continuity in the program to stem the portal losses. And fourth…if he doesn’t sustain success he’s very easy to get rid of in a year or two. On the flip side, he could follow the same success route as Day has done after Urban, but I have my doubts as well.

Reactions: Sett1997
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT