ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Media is Hilarious

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Here's a few headlines or comments:

- Iowa Offensive Coordinator search has become a nightmare. Come-on, a nightmare?

- 79 days without an offensive coordinator. Nope it is actually two weeks.

- What's next after Paul Chryst said no. Was there an offer? What was he wanting? More money, Asst. Head Coach title? No tie-down clause (who wants a one and done OC)? I don't

- This from a Tom Kakert interview, Kirk said three weeks so I'll give him a little more time - but the clock is ticking. You are a magnanimus individual Tom, you'll give Kirk a little more time. C'mon man.

I would be willing to bet none of these guys have ever made this type of hire, let alone, with so much visability.

It is not a nightmare, it has not been 79 days, some of the names dropped were never serious candidates and Kirk isn't looking for anyones permission to have more time. I want him to take his time to get it right. It will happen, sooner than later.

- Iowa Offensive Coordinator search has become a nightmare. Come-on, a nightmare?

- What's next after Paul Chryst said no. Was there an offer? What was he wanting? More money, Asst. Head Coach title? No tie-down clause (who wants a one and done OC)? I don't

- This from a Tom Kakert interview, Kirk said three weeks so I'll give him a little more time - but the clock is ticking. You are a magnanimus individual Tom, you'll give Kirk a little more time. C'mon man.

I would be willing to bet none of these guys have ever made this type of hire, let alone, with so much visability.

It is not a nightmare, it has not been 79 days, some of the names dropped were never serious candidates and Kirk isn't looking for anyones permission to have more time. I want him to take his time to get it right. It will happen, sooner than later.
They gotta sell something to keep eye balls coming back and back. Create the drama, be the drama.

Whether a hire would have happened last week, this week or next week or the week after means nothing. In reality you need one going into spring ball with enough time, so they can have the playbook ready to go. It doesn't even need to be all of the playbook as more can be added in August. In reality this spring practice period is more the new OC evaluating what talent is there.

Reactions: savage84
KF said 2nd or 3rd week of January. It's the 3rd week and people have been freaking out the entire time.

The level of obsession fans have for offense seriously might be unhealthy. And it isn't going anywhere. Whoever the hire is won't be good enough for some fans. And the negativity will continue through the off-season and into next season. After every game the play calling will be questioned. The new OC will never be able to match the Madden playbook

KF said 2nd or 3rd week of January. It's the 3rd week and people have been freaking out the entire time.

The level of obsession fans have for offense seriously might be unhealthy. And it isn't going anywhere. Whoever the hire is won't be good enough for some fans. And the negativity will continue through the off-season and into next season. After every game the play calling will be questioned. The new OC will never be able to match the Madden playbook
State of the world for many people. We need to know and we need to know now! Why does it matter, well it doesn't but we need to have one NOW! Or Dan Lebetard will laugh at us and that hurts my feelings!

Well we know one person who doesn’t have an obsession with offense. Kirk!

You’re damn right it’s unhealthy. This whole entire board and it’s continued bitching about a program that has won a shit ton of games in the last 20 years is grossly, obsessively unhealthy!

I wanted to add, I appreciate much of the news and video provided by our media, especially since I live three state away. I feel confident that we'll hear something sooner than later.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
People just need to give the name change some time. Frian Berentz is going to be the new coordinator and everyone needs to chill out.

I'm mad at the people that are mad at the people that are mad about the new OC.

Why be mad at all….its football. As far as that goes maybe we should be disgusted at people who are constantly pissed off.

They suck the life out of everything. Just sayin’

Reactions: Hendy hawk

Most of them get their information from message boards and IG. It's kind of a circle jerk.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Just think how long this COULD HAVE taken had Beth waited until the end of the season to fire BF?

And most of the Iowa media is a joke.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
I think they are overly stuffy during the season?? Maybe they are being passive aggressive now that there is no Brian for Kirk to defend?

If nothing else, Kirk has done a good job of keeping them guessing. Hell, there are people on this board who might have a better guess as to who it will be than some of these “insiders”.

I will throw one out there. There was a flight from CID to Auburn, AL yesterday afternoon (Auburn University Airport). See flightaware.com. Could Philip Montgomery be in the mix??? He was just fired as Auburn’s OC and QB coach. Tulsa HC before that.

https://apnews.com/article/auburn-o...p-montgomery-f42954c23fb7eef0563753afaf07d822

Here is probably the thing that is most remarkable to me… If you only got information from the message boards and that 15-20% of fandom you would think things are really really bad and it’s a miracle Kirk is even still employed and yet….

Our turnover in an era of volatile turnover is as good as it’s ever been, we kept the entirety of our recruiting class together, and have seemingly done that over the last several years when we have had a number of things blow up in our faces, and for all intents and purposes, the camaraderie, and the unity of the team has never been better, but you’d never know that by reading these boards, or listening to the media.

Where was the Media with this level of alarm at the start of 2021, 22 , 23 when Iowa's Offense , OL , QB play were a National joke and They kept throwing Kirk softball questions and refused to call out Brian and Petras and Hill as the worst performers ever seen at the D1 level at Their positions or the questions why the OL has not improved and screen doors and oak trees like Plumb and DeJong were or are in the 2 deeps and one was accepted back for a 6th Year instead of getting a portal Tackle , Lots of questions that could be asked to the Media as opposed to laughing at Their new found alarm for not having an OC hired who would be committing career suicide taking the Iowa job

Here is probably the thing that is most remarkable to me… If you only got information from the message boards and that 15-20% of fandom you would think things are really really bad and it’s a miracle Kirk is even still employed and yet….

Our turnover in an era of volatile turnover is as good as it’s ever been, we kept the entirety of our recruiting class together, and have seemingly done that over the last several years when we have had a number of things blow up in our faces, and for all intents and purposes, the camaraderie, and the unity of the team has never been better, but you’d never know that by reading these boards, or listening to the media.
How many receivers have left in the past two years?!? Like seven, including a first team All American? No reason to change anything! Brian should still be here.

How many receivers have left in the past two years?!? Like seven, including a first team All American? No reason to change anything! Brian should still be here.

1st, go look how many receivers leave everywhere…doh!! And why would you still want Brian, here? Or mention him at all, odd. Especially in a thread that isn’t about him….weird🤷‍♂️

Xavier Nwampka posts a smiley face emoji, and half the Iowa media responds with excitement as if Kadyn Proctor is about to commit...rumors fly...and X introduces...

Great work by X...hilarious.

And yeah of course we'd love to have proctor too.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
1st, go look how many receivers leave everywhere…doh!! And why would you still want Brian, here? Or mention him at all, odd. Especially in a thread that isn’t about him….weird🤷‍♂️
A thread that talks about the Iowa media which handles the Ferentz family with kid gloves isn’t about them at all?!? Please explain!!!!!

Many of them (potential candidates) were very busy for a lot of those days. Tell me exactly why it matters right now at this moment that we don't have one yet?
I don't believe it is an "at this moment" type of deal, but more that big boy programs that have lost coaches, didn't take 3 months to replace them. The perception is "if they can do it why can't we?"

Right it has been several years without an OC!

I literally ran into two Iowan's (obviously not football fans) on separate occasions that were shocked to learn Iowa had made the big ten championship game. Given that the only thing they ever heard in the community was how bad Iowa's offense was, they had just assumed that Iowa sucked this season. That's just sad

Spot on for all the morons who have no clue.

lol… please tell us what the other 6 did when they left? Oh, and that 1 you mentioned, also praised our staff afterwards…jfc yall have no brains.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Where was the Media with this level of alarm at the start of 2021, 22 , 23 when Iowa's Offense , OL , QB play were a National joke and They kept throwing Kirk softball questions and refused to call out Brian and Petras and Hill as the worst performers ever seen at the D1 level at Their positions or the questions why the OL has not improved and screen doors and oak trees like Plumb and DeJong were or are in the 2 deeps and one was accepted back for a 6th Year instead of getting a portal Tackle , Lots of questions that could be asked to the Media as opposed to laughing at Their new found alarm for not having an OC hired who would be committing career suicide taking the Iowa job

Who cares? I mean really? Hell anybody can be in the media why don’t you go do it?

• Haha
Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT