ADVERTISEMENT

If Trump loses....

Are you trying in your usual adorably clumsy way to be clever and set me up? 🤔
Honestly, no. Was just interested in your thoughts behind your statement.

I can see people thinking Jews should support the GOP given the perception the party is more steadfast in their support of Israel. But that treats Jews as a monolithic group whose main voting concern is Israel.

Many obviously view the Democratic Party as more aligned with their concerns and interests, even if a small segment is highly critical of Israel.

My thoughts, anyway.

Better than your poll from a company battling the greatest presidential debate scandal in us history lol
Jfc. Open the link and scroll down you imbecile. It doesn’t have anything to do with ABC. You clown. Again it is an average of about 15-20 polls. See if you can use that Harvard educated brain and figure it out. Numbskull.

Honestly, no. Was just interested in your thoughts behind your statement.

I can see people thinking Jews should support the GOP given the perception the party is more steadfast in their support of Israel. But that treats Jews as a monolithic group whose main voting concern is Israel.

Many obviously view the Democratic Party as more aligned with their concerns and interests, even if a small segment is highly critical of Israel.

My thoughts, anyway.
When we lived in Dallas about a third of our neighbors were Jewish. Very successful and actually a pretty conservative demographic.
NEVER any discussion about politics but that was the norm for everyone regardless of your faith or background.
Our rep for the State Legislature was a conservative female Republican - who was Jewish.
She won because Texas and the Legislature was conservative and if you wanted to get things done and deliver for your District you needed to be in the Majority. Practical, correct?
If you look at areas where there are lots of voters who happen to be Jewish - like Manhattan - they keep voting Dem - and you end up with illegals living for free in about 25% of the city’s hotels, your taxes funding their healthcare, your streets and subways being even less safe, your taxes funding corrupt city officials, etc. all because of what? Loyalty? Guilt?
At the very least you should remember that you have the right and responsibility to demand that you have a livable city and the folks you voted for to perform capably in their jobs.

This is NOT limited to “Jewish voters” - or any other bloc of voters either.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
He mangled this - as he often does - but the many American Jews who continue to vote Democratic is a legitimate observation. He is not the only person who finds it puzzling.
Just my opinion.
It just proves there are many intelligent Jewish voters. If the Republican's fascist base didn't march around chanting "The Jews will not replace us." they could con more of them just like they have you.

When we lived in Dallas about a third of our neighbors were Jewish. Very successful and actually a pretty conservative demographic.
NEVER any discussion about politics but that was the norm for everyone regardless of your faith or background.
Our rep for the State Legislature was a conservative female Republican - who was Jewish.
She won because Texas and the Legislature was conservative and if you wanted to get things done and deliver for your District you needed to be in the Majority. Practical, correct?
If you look at areas where there are lots of voters who happen to be Jewish - like Manhattan - they keep voting Dem - and you end up with illegals living for free in about 25% of the city’s hotels, your taxes funding their healthcare, your streets and subways being even less safe, your taxes funding corrupt city officials, etc. all because of what? Loyalty? Guilt?
At the very least you should remember that you have the right and responsibility to demand that you have a livable city and the folks you voted for to perform capably in their jobs.

This is NOT limited to “Jewish voters” - or any other bloc of voters either.

I guess they - like many of us - recognize that the Dems are far from perfect but today’s GOP is not worthy of our vote.

I’m conceding both of them are f’n idiots right along with millions of Americans who have put their country in this predicament.
America does not have to accept any of the blame or stupidity that is Netenyahu. What is going on there now is never going to lead to any sort of peace. I certainly believe in the right of Israel to exist and to defend itself. However Israel’s (and Netenyahu’s) policy of settling the West Bank was a seriously flawed idea (the road to Hell is paved with good intentions). Understand, tge Palestinians have a right to a homeland every bit as much as the Jews. In 1949 Palestinians were displaced by the UN…. And they gave been used and abused by every Arab nation in the region since. Always teased and pushed and manipulated but never had their problem addressed. Sadly, the MidEast is no closer to peace than it has ever been… and honestly until their is a Palestinian homeland established, there will never be any chance is a peace in that region. As much as Netenyahu and his gang of conservatives, along with US politicians such as Trump, fight a “2 state solution” we we see now in the ME will continue.

Biden is old, but he’s not an idiot.
I’m old enough to remember when a young guy from Delaware got elected. He’s NEVER been a genius. He is one of the luckiest people to ever live off a tragic loss, figure out which way the wind is blowing and get a government check for his entire adult life.
I personally think that’s not uncommon in DC and he’s not really an idiot- he’s just now a lucky puppet. A senile one.

It just proves there are many intelligent Jewish voters. If the Republican's fascist base didn't march around chanting "The Jews will not replace us." they could con more of them just like they have you.
You’re hysterical! 😂
Calling Republicans fascists reveals that you are a follower and not an independent thinker.
Tell me what a fascist is.
Go check with your handler if you need to.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I’m old enough to remember when a young guy from Delaware got elected. He’s NEVER been a genius. He is one of the luckiest people to ever live off a tragic loss, figure out which way the wind is blowing and get a government check for his entire adult life.
I personally think that’s not uncommon in DC and he’s not really an idiot- he’s just now a lucky puppet. A senile one.
Biden has never been an intellectual giant, true. But he has been an effective politician whether you agree with him or not.

We agree about how common idiots enjoying the perks of Washington D.C. is. I think we probably also agree that there should be term limits on legislators.

Reactions: goldmom
Biden has never been an intellectual giant, true. But he has been an effective politician whether you agree with him or not.

We agree about how common idiots enjoying the perks of Washington D.C. is. I think we probably also agree that there should be term limits on legislators.
He’s been called effective because in the heyday of his Senate career it seemed he was far more centrist and gained a reputation as a compromiser.
I had initially hoped he’d bring that to the Oval Office but the staff around him have effectively ended that possibility.

Weak but not unexpected. 🤔
Hmmm. Not sure what you’re looking for. Do you not believe that is a legitimate position to take?

Most voters look at what party/politician aligns the most with what they view as important. Some may not care about Israel at all. I suspect many may care but are much more concerned about abortion rights, or treatment of LGBTQ people, or any number of issues that we discuss here every day. They’ve evaluated the parties and the candidates and have decided Trump ain’t for them.

Why do you think this explanation is weak?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT