ADVERTISEMENT

Illannoy just took down OSU

Ohio State will end up dropping to the bubble unless they can get a win @Mich or @MSU. They’ll have 10 losses and a yawnable resume with no top 25 wins. We may be on the crap end of that scenario in Columbus.

Rutgers won't be easy but the Krush helped to put more space between us and the Buckeyes. Go Hawks! I'm watching Arizona at Utah on ESPNU and waiting for Walton to light up. Sean Miller would make a good bus driver.

Walton has unseated Dukie Vitale as my most "unlistenable" analyst. And that should be almost impossible to do, but he did it. If the game he is doing is my only available watching option, the mute button is my BFF.

Walton has unseated Dukie Vitale as my most "unlistenable" analyst. And that should be almost impossible to do, but he did it. If the game he is doing is my only available watching option, the mute button is my BFF.
Dude is a breath of fresh air. Enough color commentators take it too seriously. Walton and Pasch are great. Different product, no doubt, but I enjoy them.

Illinois is going to very dangerous in the BTT. Very young team that played a brutal non con schedule. Things are really coming together for them.

Whoever the 1, 6, or 7 seeds end up being, they are not to be envied in the Quarters on Friday (if Illanoy doesn't drop their play-in game they might have to play in on Wednesday, or the first game on Thursday).

When the Illini are hitting shots and Osumu & Ben-whatever-ili is on his game, that team is kinda scary. (and that is hard to admit for a guy who dislikes everything Illanoy)

Dude is a breath of fresh air. Enough color commentators take it too seriously. Walton and Pasch are great. Different product, no doubt, but I enjoy them.

I guess if that's what you want to hear while watching a game, then great. But I want to hear about the game and the sport in general, not listen to Walton talk down to his PBP guy and treat him like crap.

It could all be an act by both, but I always see the PBP roll their eyes when dealing with Walton's holier-than-thou diatribes about the game he's doing and/or life in general.

In short, his act is not my style.

Reactions: foxb
Whoever the 1, 6, or 7 seeds end up being, they are not to be envied in the Quarters on Friday (if Illanoy doesn't drop their play-in game they might have to play in on Wednesday, or the first game on Thursday).

When the Illini are hitting shots and Osumu & Ben-whatever-ili is on his game, that team is kinda scary. (and that is hard to admit for a guy who dislikes everything Illanoy)

Not following you at all...

You think Illinois will be playing on Wednesday?

It’s possible but I don’t think it’s likely looking at the bottom six’s remaining schedule.

Penn State, Just Northwestern, Nebraska and either Indiana or Rutgers (likely Rutgers) will most probably be the bottom four.

There are currently 6 Big Ten teams ranked in the
AP Top 25 Poll. Iowa is one of them and should
finish there. Iowa needs to win their 3 home games
against Maryland, Indiana and Rutgers. We still
play Rutgers, Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Nebraska
on the road If we win five out of seven we go into
BTT with 24-7 record and 13-7 in Conference play.

OSU (6-7 in B1G play) still has this:

at Mich State
at Maryland
at Purdue
at Northwestern (could be very tricky, too)

Yes they needed the win over Illinois in a bad way. Iowa is sitting well to move up a slot or 2 as the toughest part of Iowa's schedule was front-loaded.

Reactions: Franisdaman

Sorry, I’m STILL going to envy the 1 seed.

Reactions: YouGotThatRight
Sorry, I’m STILL going to envy the 1 seed.

For just being able to call themself the 1-seed, then yeah, that is something to be envious of - especially if they win the B1G outright.

But having to face a tough young hungry team with nothing to lose? If you're playing for seeding/placement, that is not the 'want to be gimme' game you'd like to start your conference tournament journey off with.

Not following you at all...

You think Illinois will be playing on Wednesday?

It’s possible but I don’t think it’s likely looking at the bottom six’s remaining schedule.

Penn State, Just Northwestern, Nebraska and either Indiana or Rutgers (likely Rutgers) will most probably be the bottom four.

I've been watching and following the B1G as much as possible this season... and that said, anything is possible. Anything.

Illinois is trending so that they won't have to play on opening day Wednesday at the BTT, but nothing is certain in this conference this season. IE, Michigan was trending as an [at least] 18-2 regular season champ up until the start of this stretch that's seen them drop all of their last 3 road games.

By this time next week Illinois could be in the top half of the B10. That was not on many people’s radar.

The ‘lower’ half of the big 10 could really be hurting the number of b10 teams in the tourney. Nebbie has slid off the map, Indiana has slipped to the wrong side of the bubble. Now Minnesota and Ohio State seem to be interested in taking a peak over the edge of the bubble.

For the longest time all of the talk was about 10 teams in the b10 for the tourney. 7-8 is looking like a possibility now.

By this time next week Illinois could be in the top half of the B10. That was not on many people’s radar.

The ‘lower’ half of the big 10 could really be hurting the number of b10 teams in the tourney. Nebbie has slid off the map, Indiana has slipped to the wrong side of the bubble. Now Minnesota and Ohio State seem to be interested in taking a peak over the edge of the bubble.

For the longest time all of the talk was about 10 teams in the b10 for the tourney. 7-8 is looking like a possibility now.
The bottom half of the conference has really been beating up the middle part of the conference. Unexpectedly.

Because of this 1-3 B1G teams have been/will be knocked out of the tourney.

I guess if that's what you want to hear while watching a game, then great. But I want to hear about the game and the sport in general, not listen to Walton talk down to his PBP guy and treat him like crap.

It could all be an act by both, but I always see the PBP roll their eyes when dealing with Walton's holier-than-thou diatribes about the game he's doing and/or life in general.

In short, his act is not my style.
It's all tongue in cheek. You're missing the joke if you think he's actually talking down to Pasch, and that he actually has a holier than thou bone in his body. I mean, damn, he went shirtless during a broadcast a week or two ago.

No doubt he's not for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: goodbyebobby
Rutgers and Illinois coming on, PSU being dangerous, this is what makes the Big Ten so much better than any other conference. The top 3 teams could, and have, lost to some of the bottom teams, and those games are looking less and less like "upsets." You talk about competitive balance, you're talkin' Big Ten.

Other leagues may, and I say MAY, have one or two better top teams, but the rest of those leagues aren't so dangerous.

The Big Ten's balance will almost certainly cost the league 2 or 3 NCAA spots, but as long as it doesn't impact Iowa, that's OK by me.

The game at Rutgers could be one of the 3 toughest games left on Iowa's schedule. I am glad we won't be playing at Illannoy, after the beat down we gave them at CHA.

I don't think OSU is that good, and I said this in the game thread back when we played them. I was called a "hater" for stating it, but I still just don't think OSU is that good.

Couple of things with Ohio St. schedule they could be in a bit of trouble now....we may catch them at the right time frankly...on a slide. Next our game is huge tomorrow as this definitely puts us in the upper division on more solid footing and has Wisconsin and Maryland looking over their shoulder at us a bit. Another road win would be very sweet indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT