ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Maryland Game Thread*****

I hate high five lines. Back in my day we took the time to properly shake every hand with a firm grip and give a respectful "good game."
We were instructed to give them a Davidson nut punch and call their moms a whore. Things have changed a bit since then.

• Haha
Reactions: Moral
How big of a recruit was Caitlin Clark coming out of high school?
#4 overall.

1​
Paige Bueckers
98​
UConnPG5-11Hopkins H.S. (MN)
2​
Angel Reese
98​
MarylandW6-3St. Frances Academy (MD)
3​
Cameron Brink
98​
StanfordF6-4Mountain View H.S. (OR)
4​
Caitlin Clark
98​
IowaPG5-11Dowling Catholic H.S. (IA)
5​
Kamilla Cardoso
98​
SyracuseP6-6Hamilton Heights Christian Academy (TN)
6​
Diamond Johnson
98​
RutgersPG5-5Neumann-Goretti H.S. (PA)
7​
Hailey Van Lith
98​
LouisvilleG5-7Cashmere H.S. (WA)
8​
Sydney Parrish
98​
OregonG6-0Hamilton Southeastern H.S. (IN)
9​
Priscilla Williams
98​
SyracuseG6-2Branson H.S. (MO)
10​
Deja Kelly

I hate high five lines. Back in my day we took the time to properly shake every hand with a firm grip and give a respectful "good game."
good game gg GIF

#4 overall.

1​
Paige Bueckers
98​
2​
Angel Reese
98​
3​
Cameron Brink
98​
4​
Caitlin Clark
98​
5​
Kamilla Cardoso
98​
6​
Diamond Johnson
98​
7​
Hailey Van Lith
98​
8​
Sydney Parrish
98​
9​
Priscilla Williams
98​
10​
Deja Kelly
Thank you. Being a Rutgers fan I find her an amazing student athlete. Great representative for basketball as a whole, not just women’s bball.

Going to gas out in the B10 tourney (and beyond) during games like this because we refuse to get bench players playing time in blowouts instead of padding stats. Lack of playing Feuerbach and McCabe in all of these games that we are winning by 30 (but have all 5 starters playing half way through the 4th quarter) is catching up to us.

Meh…. We’re pretty deep as teams go really & Feurbach plays important minutes a lot. And I don’t think they fully trust McCabe..

ITs a weird feeling every game i always feel iowa will overcome any deficit with CC

#4 overall.

1​
Paige Bueckers
98​
2​
Angel Reese
98​
3​
Cameron Brink
98​
4​
Caitlin Clark
98​
5​
Kamilla Cardoso
98​
6​
Diamond Johnson
98​
7​
Hailey Van Lith
98​
8​
Sydney Parrish
98​
9​
Priscilla Williams
98​
10​
Deja Kelly
Reading that hyperlink on Clark, this is what the scouts said about her as a freshman in high school.

USA Trials-May 2017: Skilled back court performer, fundamental floor-leader with offensive fire power; manufactures, delivers in mid-range game; drives, draws contact and delivers; executes in half-court game; an elite guard in the class of 2020. (Olson)

Reactions: Moral
Molly D offensive rebound.

Shockingly good player…the lady has gone from me still, even this season, questioning her Minutes and since Indiana, six games she has been amazing!!

We honestly lose this game without her. Martin was off but still in it. Several big shots and several big rebounds.

Stuelke struggled mightily… someone made a point earlier that I hadn’t thought about. She gets no calls… I mean no calls, she moves with the ball. It’s an offensive foul. She gets physical down low. It’s a defensive foul….

Affolter was strong and OGrady is battling. She actually has good hands but lacks strength. If she was stronger, I honestly think she’d be quite an asset, but she gets knocked around a lot….

Marshall was solid, she got cold late but she plays remarkable defense for her size, her and Davis both… Honestly might be our best defenders?

This was a good win!

That's a 12-10 team?!?
Iowa's really getting everyone's best shot.

A very talented, very athletic, team, lacking any really chemistry. They have ability… on that note, I’m getting a little tired of them, allowing teams, Ohio State, Maryland, let these 5’11, 6 ft & 6-1 girls barrel down the Lane and run us over all the time and not call charging and most often blocking…WTH?!

Marshall is not clutch this year. Just can't count on her to make wide open threes.

Whoa, not true…. She’s had a lot of big shots over the last eight games… And she was huge early on. But you are correct we struggled as a team making threes down the stretch there for a minute.😱

A very talented, very athletic, team, lacking any really chemistry. They have ability… on that note, I’m getting a little tired of them, allowing teams, Ohio State, Maryland, let these 5’11, 6 ft & 6-1 girls barrel down the Lane and run us over all the time and not call charging and most often blocking…WTH?!
Don’t Forget travel too. There were multiple times in both the Ohio state and Maryland game where they just barreled into the lane and took extra steps.

That one might have legit been an offensive foul.

If you’re talking about the one, I think that Kate Martin threw a forearm at the girl from Maryland, and we got a blocking foul, yeah, that was a legit offensive foul!!

Maryland flopped a shit ton and I believe she did a little there but it was an offensive foul for sure!!

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT